Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

SGP Racing a Scammer?

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2009 | 09:24 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器
Premier Member

Originally Posted by INTENSEPOWER
Jeremy doesn't have Mark's number? WAT??
Either Jeremy is full of sh*t... or if true, it is a huge red flag that further begs the question as to why they are doing business and continuing to affiliate with someone as shady as Mark.
Old 09-16-2009 | 09:34 PM
go-fast
Banned

Originally Posted by RudeG_v2.0
Either Jeremy is full of sh*t... or if true, it is a huge red flag that further begs the question as to why they are doing business and continuing to affiliate with someone as shady as Mark.
+1 shifty shifty
Old 09-16-2009 | 09:35 PM
mrg1981

Mmmkay... That doesn't answer the question of WHY (after all the fraud and BS Mark did at SGP) they would allow Mark in their building... let alone rent their facilities and conduct business there.

Did you confront them directly on this point? And were they aware of Mark's transgressions upon the VQ community?

I suspect someone at Powerfab is a personal friend of Mark's and that this goes beyond a simple business arrangement.

</p>
PM on the way.
Old 09-17-2009 | 04:07 AM
Jay'Z
Banned

The thread name should be changed to "SGP Racing is a Scammer!" Its a proven fact now..
Old 09-17-2009 | 04:08 AM
Cass007
350Z-holic
Premier Member

Mmmkay... That doesn't answer the question of WHY (after all the fraud and BS Mark did at SGP) they would allow Mark in their building... let alone rent their facilities and conduct business there.

Did you confront them directly on this point? And were they aware of Mark's transgressions upon the VQ community?

I suspect someone at Powerfab is a personal friend of Mark's and that this goes beyond a simple business arrangement.

</p>
I would think that Powerfab is opening themselves up to HUGE legal exposure by letting Mark use their lift's or dyno. If something shady happens at their facility, whether or not they are directly involved, a good atty will sue everyone and they will be tangled up in this mess.

Poor judgement on the part of Powerfab and +1 on speculation on personal relationships trumping business sense. I am still in awe of two things here:

1. How does a shop rip off so many people and the owner is still walking around a free man

2. How, after ripping off so many people, has a car owner gotten together a few "friends" and rolled down to pay Mark a visit with a bat

Seriously, if I had been straight jacked like some have for several thousands of dollars that I would never recoup, you may as well get a pund of flesh in return. Maybe I just need anger mgmt though...
Old 09-17-2009 | 04:32 AM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器
Premier Member

Originally Posted by Cass007
I would think that Powerfab is opening themselves up to HUGE legal exposure by letting Mark use their lift's or dyno. If something shady happens at their facility, whether or not they are directly involved, a good atty will sue everyone and they will be tangled up in this mess.

Poor judgement on the part of Powerfab and +1 on speculation on personal relationships trumping business sense. I am still in awe of two things here:

1. How does a shop rip off so many people and the owner is still walking around a free man

2. How, after ripping off so many people, has a car owner gotten together a few "friends" and rolled down to pay Mark a visit with a bat

Seriously, if I had been straight jacked like some have for several thousands of dollars that I would never recoup, you may as well get a pund of flesh in return. Maybe I just need anger mgmt though...

The guys at Powerfab seriously need to pull their heads out of their asses ASAP before the sh*t blows up in their faces.

And believe me... I have seriously considered a road trip to Texas.
Old 09-17-2009 | 06:05 AM
XKR

Originally Posted by mrg1981
PM on the way.
I checked my PM... I don't see anything
Old 09-17-2009 | 06:51 AM
Jtran Studios
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Cass007

ill answer this for you. think about everyone that has been ripped off by mark on this board, almost all of the people are successful on whatever it is they do for a living. they have more to lose then mark will ever.
Old 09-17-2009 | 07:55 AM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器
Premier Member

Originally Posted by Overdrive/Jtran
ill answer this for you. think about everyone that has been ripped off by mark on this board, almost all of the people are successful on whatever it is they do for a living. they have more to lose then mark will ever.
Not if it's done right. Ever heard of the term "blanket party"?
Old 09-17-2009 | 08:13 AM
mrg1981

Originally Posted by XKR
I checked my PM... I don't see anything
Sorry for confusion. I sent a PM to Rude.
Old 09-17-2009 | 08:16 AM
XKR

Sorry for confusion. I sent a PM to Rude.
No confusion....that was just a hint not to leave me out of the intel stream
Old 09-17-2009 | 08:18 AM
mrg1981

Originally Posted by XKR
No confusion....that was just a hint not to leave me out of the intel stream
LOL. It wasn't intel. I was just trying to explain that Jeremy's reasons for his statements were not because of things Mark said to him. I don't know Jeremy, so I don't know whether to believe what he says or not. He seemed sincere.

I recorded the call, but I cannot post the recording due to some implications of the conversation.
Old 09-17-2009 | 08:46 AM
XKR

LOL. It wasn't intel. I was just trying to explain that Jeremy's reasons for his statements were not because of things Mark said to him. I don't know Jeremy, so I don't know whether to believe what he says or not. He seemed sincere.

I recorded the call, but I cannot post the recording due to some implications of the conversation.
I am just pulling your leg.....

As far are Jeremy...he is a kool guy from the little i know of him. I took my car to him for it to be looked over for a cage and also check it for changes to be made for high speed runs.

I really could not trust my car being there with Mark hanging around. Mark is well aware that I am not a fan of his ( and a Recon Unit member)

It would be easy for him to remove something from my car and have Jeremy take the fall for it. I hope Jeremy understands that having the name Powerfab involved with the name Mark/SGP is a bad idea.
Old 09-17-2009 | 09:39 AM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器
Premier Member

Marshall... C'mon man.

Based off of the info you told me via PM, the only plausible source is Mark! However, the info you were told is not very plausible given the known reputations of the parties involved. It's pretty damn obvious to me that Mark is feeding a "poor me, I'm the victim" line of bullsh*t to the guys at Powerfab and they apparently are foolish enough to believe him.

The fact that Jeremy said Mark supposedly keeps changing his phone number should be a HUGE clue that Mark isn't as much of a stand-up guy as they think he is. Also, if they are aware that there are numerous dissatisfied SGP customers (such as you and I) who claim that they were ripped off and that Mark owes them money... Why are they letting Mark rent their facilities? That is dirty money that they are accepting from Mark. Again, this all leads me to believe that somebody at Powerfab is Mark's friend and they don't want to publicly admit it.

Jeremy and the rest of the guys at Powerfab need to read this thread for god's sake and wake the f*ck up!

Last edited by RudeG_v2.0; 09-17-2009 at 09:55 AM.
Old 09-17-2009 | 09:42 AM
Jay'Z
Banned

Powerfab have a account here? Didnt they post a pic a while back of a Supra on this thread.. lol too many pages to sift through..
Old 09-17-2009 | 10:16 AM
XKR

Originally Posted by Jay'Z
Powerfab have a account here? Didnt they post a pic a while back of a Supra on this thread.. lol too many pages to sift through..
They do.....Jeremy sent me a pm once...I could not find it....but he is on here.
Old 09-17-2009 | 10:21 AM
Jay'Z
Banned

Ok ill check..
Old 09-17-2009 | 10:33 AM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器
Premier Member

Originally Posted by XKR
They do.....Jeremy sent me a pm once...I could not find it....but he is on here.
In that case, they have no excuse for their affiliation with Mark and they don't deserve the courtesy or confidentiality that mrg1981 is giving them. <b>F*CK Powerfab!!!<b>
Old 09-17-2009 | 12:21 PM
XKR

In that case, they have no excuse for their affiliation with Mark and they don't deserve the courtesy or confidentiality that mrg1981 is giving them. <b>F*CK Powerfab!!!<b>
Old 09-17-2009 | 12:40 PM
JS04

yall know powerfab has a section over on houston-imports.com. Just saying.

Quick Reply: SGP Racing a Scammer?