Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

SGP Racing a Scammer?

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2009 | 04:28 PM
IntenseSales
Vendor - Former Vendor

What happened to the whole "Mark is a legit company man/corporate official of some JDM company that's legitimately trading?" (Or some sh it like that?)
Old 09-17-2009 | 05:55 PM
SGP-BFH

Well, if I hadn't heard about how bad mark has screwed some of you folks, I would say I was happy to see him trying to get back on his feet. A lot of us thought that there was no way that he could ever do business again, but then again... look at Henessee.. that guy has gone bankrupt and been sued god knows how many times and is still expanding today.

Not more than a few years ago mark was more than a boss to me, a good friend and mentor even on a few occasions. I really don't wish hell on the guy, I can really only say that he screwed me out of 3 or 4 $hundy by not giving me a last check, but all this is going to catch up with him and powerfab pretty quick. Having people knocking at your door over money owed to them from one of your employee's previous customers just can't be good for business.

Every day when I make the drive to Awesome Z, I pass the building that SGP used to inhabit. Did everyone get their cars back allright? Even the ones that had no engines, or wheels or whatever?
Old 09-17-2009 | 06:32 PM
mrg1981

Originally Posted by SGP-BFH
Well, if I hadn't heard about how bad mark has screwed some of you folks, I would say I was happy to see him trying to get back on his feet. A lot of us thought that there was no way that he could ever do business again, but then again... look at Henessee.. that guy has gone bankrupt and been sued god knows how many times and is still expanding today.

Not more than a few years ago mark was more than a boss to me, a good friend and mentor even on a few occasions. I really don't wish hell on the guy, I can really only say that he screwed me out of 3 or 4 $hundy by not giving me a last check, but all this is going to catch up with him and powerfab pretty quick. Having people knocking at your door over money owed to them from one of your employee's previous customers just can't be good for business.

Every day when I make the drive to Awesome Z, I pass the building that SGP used to inhabit. Did everyone get their cars back allright? Even the ones that had no engines, or wheels or whatever?
No. Jeremy is working on some and Mark is working on some. Apparently, they are paying Jeremy to get their cars fixed/finished.
Old 09-17-2009 | 06:36 PM
mrg1981

Originally Posted by RudeG_v2.0
Marshall... C'mon man.

Based off of the info you told me via PM, the only plausible source is Mark! However, the info you were told is not very plausible given the known reputations of the parties involved. It's pretty damn obvious to me that Mark is feeding a "poor me, I'm the victim" line of bullsh*t to the guys at Powerfab and they apparently are foolish enough to believe him.

The fact that Jeremy said Mark supposedly keeps changing his phone number should be a HUGE clue that Mark isn't as much of a stand-up guy as they think he is. Also, if they are aware that there are numerous dissatisfied SGP customers (such as you and I) who claim that they were ripped off and that Mark owes them money... Why are they letting Mark rent their facilities? That is dirty money that they are accepting from Mark. Again, this all leads me to believe that somebody at Powerfab is Mark's friend and they don't want to publicly admit it.

Jeremy and the rest of the guys at Powerfab need to read this thread for god's sake and wake the f*ck up!

I didn't provide any information, since it was part of the recorded call. Basically, Jeremy said they had found parts that went missing from SGP customers on personal cars of another Houston shop. This shop was formed by former SGP employees. He was claiming that a certain shop in Houston was founded on the missing parts and stolen money. I'm not saying he's correct or even telling the truth. I was just letting you know what Jeremy's claims are. Certainly, I wouldn't give Mark a second thought. I don't know Jeremy, so I don't know whether to give any of it a second thought or not.
Old 09-17-2009 | 06:41 PM
SGP-BFH

Originally Posted by mrg1981
I didn't provide any information, since it was part of the recorded call. Basically, Jeremy said they had found parts that went missing from SGP customers on personal cars of another Houston shop. This shop was formed by former SGP employees. He was claiming that a certain shop in Houston was founded on the missing parts and stolen money. I'm not saying he's correct or even telling the truth. I was just letting you know what Jeremy's claims are. Certainly, I wouldn't give Mark a second thought. I don't know Jeremy, so I don't know whether to give any of it a second thought or not.

He's been playing the same "employee theft" stuff for years bro. Even if an employee was in the straight and narrow, if they left on bad terms they were suspect to any of the theft that went on for months afterward.
Old 09-17-2009 | 06:53 PM
XKR

Originally Posted by mrg1981
OMG....That is such bullsh!t.....Now Mark is filling up Jeremy's head with the same **** he has been telling some people....I have heard that story before and I told the people that repeated it to me that its TOTAL BS!!

He is trying to say that a certain new shop in north Houston is the one that stole parts from his shop and used the money to go into business....

Jeremy....if you read this....THAT IS SUCH F@CKING BS......Jeremy...your business is about to go into the crapper...News travels around Houston real fast!!!When all the people that have been robbed by Mark finds out he is at your shop.....your shop will be considered the next SGP....

Fix this problem Jeremy !!!

Originally Posted by SGP-BFH
He's been playing the same "employee theft" stuff for years bro. Even if an employee was in the straight and narrow, if they left on bad terms they were suspect to any of the theft that went on for months afterward.
Remember how he blamed the person that use to run the place for him??? Lets call this person "K"....He tried to say this person robbed him for over 600K.....now he is at it again trying to say "J" took parts from him...

Last edited by XKR; 09-17-2009 at 06:57 PM.
Old 09-17-2009 | 07:08 PM
SGP-BFH

I can think of at least 2 other employees that were blamed for some sort of theft or break-in after they had left. Both of the guys I always found to be credible.
Old 09-17-2009 | 07:24 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器
Premier Member

Originally Posted by XKR
OMG....That is such bullsh!t.....Now Mark is filling up Jeremy's head with the same **** he has been telling some people....I have heard that story before and I told the people that repeated it to me that its TOTAL BS!!

He is trying to say that a certain new shop in north Houston is the one that stole parts from his shop and used the money to go into business....

Jeremy....if you read this....THAT IS SUCH F@CKING BS......Jeremy...your business is about to go into the crapper...News travels around Houston real fast!!!When all the people that have been robbed by Mark finds out he is at your shop.....your shop will be considered the next SGP....

Fix this problem Jeremy !!!

Remember how he blamed the person that use to run the place for him??? Lets call this person "K"....He tried to say this person robbed him for over 600K.....now he is at it again trying to say "J" took parts from him...

I'd be willing to give Jeremy's allegations some consideration if his shop wasn't harboring Mark and taking his blood money. But the credibility of Jeremy's allegations go out the window due to Powerfab's affiliation with Mark and due to the fact that the same allegations were heard before from Mark himself.
Old 09-17-2009 | 09:09 PM
Jay'Z
Banned

I never understood how the **** could "K" steal 600k under his nose or 600k at all... SGP wasnt making WALMART money...
Old 09-17-2009 | 09:45 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器
Premier Member

Originally Posted by Jay'Z
I never understood how the **** could "K" steal 600k under his nose or 600k at all... SGP wasnt making WALMART money...
I thought it was Thomas who supposedly embezzled 60K, but whatever. It's all still BS from Mark IMO. Both "K" and "J" have proved after leaving SGP that they are trustworthy guys and both have established good reputations on their own.
Old 09-18-2009 | 06:19 AM
Jtran Studios
Vendor - Former Vendor

thanks for standing up for me xkr, rude2.0 and whomever else. little fyi on our business we just started.

barely any working captial.
our friend for many years let us use his shop, spilt 50/50 now, to run our business and help him with his.
we started the business with the money i made off of labor in the months of nov. and dec. of last year.

i think its b u l l s h i t that mark is still gonna try to tell people that i stole money and parts just to make him look better. if jermey is gonna tell mrg1981 that i stole money and created a shop out of the money i stole, i wonder how many people he is saying that to? slandering is not a good thing. as stated in this thread, we have all the customers that we have created in this past year that will vouch for us. stand up people with stand up morals. what we do for a living isnt our job. its a lifestyle that we live.
Old 09-18-2009 | 06:27 AM
Jtran Studios
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Jay'Z
hold up, mark told me it was 900k lol
Old 09-18-2009 | 09:42 AM
XKR

Originally Posted by Overdrive/Jtran
thanks for standing up for me xkr, rude2.0 and whomever else. little fyi on our business we just started.

barely any working captial.
our friend for many years let us use his shop, spilt 50/50 now, to run our business and help him with his.
we started the business with the money i made off of labor in the months of nov. and dec. of last year.

i think its b u l l s h i t that mark is still gonna try to tell people that i stole money and parts just to make him look better. if jermey is gonna tell mrg1981 that i stole money and created a shop out of the money i stole, i wonder how many people he is saying that to? slandering is not a good thing. as stated in this thread, we have all the customers that we have created in this past year that will vouch for us. stand up people with stand up morals. what we do for a living isnt our job. its a lifestyle that we live.

You dont have to defend yourself on here.....we know you are a straight up guy.....

Thomas was a POS that ripped me off on something i ordered from SGP over 1 year ago....At first, I thought he was the only problem SGP had.....shows you how much i knew back then.

I am sure "K" is LHAO right now seeing that Mark is still trying that old "He ripped me off" BullSh!t that he accused him of back then.
Old 09-20-2009 | 03:46 PM
iamdigital

Mark is the most deceitful person I've met in this business. He loves to play the blame game to try and take attention off himself and divert the anger and frustration on somebody else. It's a great game trying to put you in his shoes feeling sorry for him but it's just that a GAME. I'd suggest to anybody who values their time and money to stay the FCK away from him and any shop he even goes into.

I'm sure there was plenty of theft going on in his shop but when your boss is doing it why not do it yourself right? Sorry to bash the new shop he's working at but stay the hell away from them too. If they are dumb enough to let mark work for them then they aren't smart enough to earn your business! Period. Mark surrounds himself with trouble and mayhem and spreads his disease of con artistry and ********. Don't end up like myself and countless others here. If you are in the TX area spread the word and do your part to save the community from disasters like we have suffered.
Old 09-20-2009 | 04:20 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器
Premier Member

Originally Posted by iamdigital
Mark is the most deceitful person I've met in this business. He loves to play the blame game to try and take attention off himself and divert the anger and frustration on somebody else. It's a great game trying to put you in his shoes feeling sorry for him but it's just that a GAME. I'd suggest to anybody who values their time and money to stay the FCK away from him and any shop he even goes into.

I'm sure there was plenty of theft going on in his shop but when your boss is doing it why not do it yourself right? Sorry to bash the new shop he's working at but stay the hell away from them too. If they are dumb enough to let mark work for them then they aren't smart enough to earn your business! Period. Mark surrounds himself with trouble and mayhem and spreads his disease of con artistry and ********. Don't end up like myself and countless others here. If you are in the TX area spread the word and do your part to save the community from disasters like we have suffered.
Well said.
Old 09-20-2009 | 04:39 PM
Jtran Studios
Vendor - Former Vendor

and the last comment i will make on the whole subject of us starting with his "dirty money". we have records of every transaction in our bank account since we have started. we also have records of all NEW NON STOLEN PARTS that we ordered from many of our distributors and dealers. if you can mrg1981, send me the recording that you have so i can confront them due to the fact jermey is slandering my name.
Old 09-20-2009 | 05:34 PM
XKR

Originally Posted by iamdigital

I hear you
Old 09-20-2009 | 05:35 PM
XKR

Originally Posted by overdrive/jtran
and the last comment i will make on the whole subject of us starting with his "dirty money". We have records of every transaction in our bank account since we have started. We also have records of all new non stolen parts that we ordered from many of our distributors and dealers. If you can mrg1981, send me the recording that you have so i can confront them due to the fact jermey is slandering my name.
ohhh **** !!!
Old 09-20-2009 | 05:42 PM
Jay'Z
Banned

Overdrive/Jtran is blowing up isnt it? He is prob just jealous......
Old 09-20-2009 | 08:08 PM
mrg1981

Originally Posted by Overdrive/Jtran
and the last comment i will make on the whole subject of us starting with his "dirty money". we have records of every transaction in our bank account since we have started. we also have records of all NEW NON STOLEN PARTS that we ordered from many of our distributors and dealers. if you can mrg1981, send me the recording that you have so i can confront them due to the fact jermey is slandering my name.
I am happy to share the recording with you. Jeremy never specified any shop, but I think you'll find the implication pretty clear. He mentions a "new" shop in the Houston are; started by former SGP employees; that is very "vocal" on the 350z forums about SGP and Mark. Sounds like you to me, if I can say so.

Listen carefully to how Jeremy says he "discovered" the thefts. He doesn't say anything about Mark for that part of it.

Because I state some of the details of my personal information and other information, please do not share the recording with anyone, without prior permission from me. Also, I do not know the legal implications of making the recording public. I know that I can legally make the recording and even share it if there are specific purposes, but I don't know about publicizing it. Please confirm that it will be kept confidential and I will send it over.

Quick Reply: SGP Racing a Scammer?