Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

SGP Racing a Scammer?

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2008, 01:21 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by go-fast
sounds like it's time to go knock on some doors.....it's hard to make excuses when your looking them in the eye.
Well... Going to Houston and knocking on SGP's door is not a feasible option for me at this point.
Old 12-11-2008, 01:26 PM
INTENSEPOWER
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by XKR
Darren....I repeated to your customer EXACTLY what I was told....That the tranny was ready and that he would contact you.
That's cool Mike -- I know you've been the proverbial "Swiss", in this equation, and the community thanks you for your efforts to inform and yet stay neutral. Just to be clear, I wasn't implying that it was you who was my "friend" in the interaction with Mark (although I'm told that it's always good to have a good "ticker physician" in your corner)

D
Old 12-11-2008, 01:33 PM
go-fast
Banned

Originally Posted by RudeG_v2.0
Well... Going to Houston and knocking on SGP's door is not a feasible option for me at this point.
can you file a report with the local authorities?maybe they can knock for you?
Old 12-11-2008, 01:43 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Originally Posted by go-fast
can you file a report with the local authorities?maybe they can knock for you?
No. It's considered a civil matter.
Old 12-11-2008, 01:59 PM
Klei14

Wow, very glad I didnt order a built 5AT from them back when I had my turbo G35, looks like they don't care about customer service.
Old 12-11-2008, 02:25 PM
XKR

Originally Posted by INTENSEPOWER
That's cool Mike -- I know you've been the proverbial "Swiss", in this equation, and the community thanks you for your efforts to inform and yet stay neutral. Just to be clear, I wasn't implying that it was you who was my "friend" in the interaction with Mark (although I'm told that it's always good to have a good "ticker physician" in your corner)

D
I hear you Darren.....I guess my post came across the wrong way....I meant to say that thats exactly the same thing I was told by Mark.

I am still trying to get that # for you guys...

Check your pm....
Old 12-11-2008, 03:15 PM
INTENSEPOWER
Vendor - Former Vendor

Domo good sir

Darren
Old 12-11-2008, 04:21 PM
ToastZ

No customer call backs,... no matter how busy a shop owner allows himself to become,... is completely inexcusable.

If employees are working on cars and listening to the phone ring, then hire someone to answer the phones.
Old 12-11-2008, 07:46 PM
go-fast
Banned

sometimes you need to think outside the box,i'm sure there is a clever solution to your problem.
Old 12-12-2008, 04:14 AM
Cass007
350Z-holic
Premier Member

Rude - this may work for you. Send a certified letter (if you have a friend thats an atty ask him/her to draft it on their letterhead) informing the shop that you are requesting immediate return of your propery regardless of condition. If you or Intense are not contacted with 3 business days you will consider this property stolen and will inform the local authorities. This should hold some weight with local police and at least be able to get you a contact to arrange pickup. Also include in the letter that if you or your agent arrives to make the pickup at the arranged time and the part(s) are not available, SGP will be billed for travel time, milage and fuel costs. I have been down this road once or twice in my restaurant businesses and this usually prompts some form of action. Good Luck.
Old 12-12-2008, 05:13 AM
turismo

Originally Posted by Cass007
Rude - this may work for you. Send a certified letter (if you have a friend thats an atty ask him/her to draft it on their letterhead) informing the shop that you are requesting immediate return of your propery regardless of condition. If you or Intense are not contacted with 3 business days you will consider this property stolen and will inform the local authorities. This should hold some weight with local police and at least be able to get you a contact to arrange pickup. Also include in the letter that if you or your agent arrives to make the pickup at the arranged time and the part(s) are not available, SGP will be billed for travel time, milage and fuel costs. I have been down this road once or twice in my restaurant businesses and this usually prompts some form of action. Good Luck.
I've done this myself with SGP. They failed to acknowledge the letter so Im taking legal action.
Old 12-12-2008, 05:34 AM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by XKR
It was approaching 4 buckets ...but JT posted up and it got knocked off the charts...So zero buckets for PF
yeah i love how JT had matt delete the thread after he realized it was ultimate fial
Old 12-12-2008, 06:06 AM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Thanks for the advice. Supposedly Mark is already facing some lawsuits, so I doubt he will be very responsive to a letter from another attorney. I'm exploring all my options, and the advice is greatly appreciated.

Originally Posted by turismo
I've done this myself with SGP. They failed to acknowledge the letter so Im taking legal action.
^ That's what I was afraid of. I don't want to waist my time and $$$ on a formal letter from an attorney if I can call Houston P.D. while Intense's shipping company is at SGP's doorstep and accomplish the same thing.

Originally Posted by doug
yeah i love how JT had matt delete the thread after he realized it was ultimate fial
Old 12-12-2008, 06:14 AM
XKR

Old 12-12-2008, 09:06 AM
iamdigital

This is what my attorney advised me to do and I have the letter drafted up. However, I'm gonna give Mark another week or two to get back to me on my tranny as he called this week and committed to an update next week. According to my legal advice (corporate attorney for one of my businesses) This would be considered theft after no return and not only grounds for civil but legal charges could be pressed as well. I hope nobody has to go down this route as it is ugly and unless you are fortunate enough to have an attorney expensive for both parties... Good luck all!
Old 12-12-2008, 09:40 AM
XKR

Originally Posted by iamdigital
This is what my attorney advised me to do and I have the letter drafted up. However, I'm gonna give Mark another week or two to get back to me on my tranny as he called this week and committed to an update next week. According to my legal advice (corporate attorney for one of my businesses) This would be considered theft after no return and not only grounds for civil but legal charges could be pressed as well. I hope nobody has to go down this route as it is ugly and unless you are fortunate enough to have an attorney expensive for both parties... Good luck all!
I agree with what you and your attorney is saying...but as you have stated, Mark contacted you ...which removes from the table the charge of theft for another length of time. If he keeps calling you...this could go on forever.
Old 12-12-2008, 09:52 AM
coachk
Banned

I would think it was deleted because it had no merit,period.
Old 12-12-2008, 10:00 AM
INTENSEPOWER
Vendor - Former Vendor

***. This thread is teh depressing..

Darren(looking forward to Thai food lunch..)
Old 12-12-2008, 10:12 AM
Cass007
350Z-holic
Premier Member

Darren - here is how you and Rude can get teh transmission back:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kxYmEYBLgBE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kxYmEYBLgBE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Just in case the letter does not work!!!
Old 12-12-2008, 10:20 AM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by coachk
I would think it was deleted because it had no merit,period.
?

he created a thread about how his business failed because he fcked up.. when he got called on it he asked matt to delete the thread

Quick Reply: SGP Racing a Scammer?