Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

SGP Racing a Scammer?

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2009, 09:10 AM
IntenseSales
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

Wow, this is truly aweful not just because a couple of my personal friends and customers were HAD by SGP but, the total lack of caring on SGP's part. I really do hope the police are involved during the visits. All I can suggest is to be well prepared don't take no for n answer and get your b*llshit masks and coats on because its gonna rain.
Old 03-13-2009, 09:12 AM
mrg1981

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I just contacted my attorney. I'll update when we have our consultation.
Old 03-13-2009, 10:01 AM
Cass007
350Z-holic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Boostedtrack350
Mark told me (via text) that he didnt know anything about the Utec, but would have one sent overnight to me today from Turbo XS. Same thing with my Injectors. Says he will call me in a few Hrs, but wouldnt be back till Tuesday.
Sounds like an admission of guilt to me

Why would you offer to replace something you never took??? Wait for it.........

Oh, thats right, to keep the ponzi scheme going.... thats why.
Old 03-13-2009, 12:00 PM
stormcrow

Originally Posted by RudeG_v2.0
Harris County sheriffs will be shoving it up his *** dry and sideways.

Originally Posted by XKR
I agree....And dont get me wrong....I am not siding with Mark....I was just discribing the kind of person he is......still there is no excuse for his actions.
I have to say that we disagree on this point. No genuinely nice person would ever knowingly steal parts from a client's vehicle or bill a client four grand for doing absolutely nothing but storing their transmission on the floor of their shop. (for months while the client waits, i might add)

Mark is no better than Mr.A/Mr.S. He has done EXACTLY the same as them. You just fell for his smooth talking and not theirs.

Edit: I have to say that being on the outside looking in has definitely shown some patterns. ALL of these a-hole people have *some* followers and I believe this is because 1 out of every 10 people (guessing it's all based on whom the evil-doers like) gets "service above and beyond" or the actual parts / service they pay for. I guess if you screw everyone, you lose and close quickly...but, if you please 1/10th of your clientelle, someone will vouch for your "honesty and character".

Last edited by stormcrow; 03-13-2009 at 12:06 PM. Reason: added info
Old 03-13-2009, 12:03 PM
mrg1981

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I spoke with my attorney for 30 minutes this morning. He advised me of the potential costs of litigation greatly exceeding the loss amount. There are 4 major hurdles in this:

1. The cost of litigation could be high
2. I would have to prove that SGP/Mark owe me what I say they do
3. I would then have to convince the judge that they should pay my attorney's fees (not typical without some sort of contract in place during the time of the transaction); sometimes they will order that part of the fees be paid by the defendant
4. Collection of the judgment may be impossible, and is certainly unlikely

With that said...I am NOT backing down. Instead, I am going to approach this the best way I know how.

1. My attorney will send a "tersely worded" demand letter
2. I will contact the TX Attorney General's office and inquire about a consumer protection dept/office and discuss recourse options through them
3. If Mark:
3a. refunds me what I am due and covers the cost of the letter and consultation, I will move on with my life.
3b. ignores the demand, I will pursue every recourse option available to me; this includes legal actions, personal visits, news and other media coverage, and any other action legally available to me.
Old 03-13-2009, 12:52 PM
iStan
ZR

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Small Claims Court? TX Limit seems to be 10K..based on quick google search
Interesting: Link

Some examples of the most common types of disputes which find their way into small claims court are:
You have your car repaired. After you get it back, you discover that you have been charged for repairs that were not, in fact, made.
Old 03-13-2009, 01:31 PM
terps

Originally Posted by Cass007
Sounds like an admission of guilt to me

Why would you offer to replace something you never took??? Wait for it.........

Oh, thats right, to keep the ponzi scheme going.... thats why.
Not always, for example while my build was goin on @ a different shop my gauges were stolen and they/he replaced them becuase a week prior he had an open house event or something like that. but then again he was in possesion of them(he ordered them, and when he went to install them they were missing). thier would be no profit motive but i can attest to my interactions with him that if my car was in his possesion and lets say my guages disappeared again he would pay for it.

Then again the shop that did my work had morals and a strong business ethic which from this thread SGP is lacking in all aspects. But i wouldnt consider it an omission of guilt. it could strickly be taking care of some of the issues that are easy to pinpoint and place blame on. But considering whats happened i wouldnt doubt that thief could have occured

thiefs steal your wallet and then help you look for it. its about seeming trustworthy
Old 03-13-2009, 01:46 PM
Boostedtrack350

Well...Mark Sent me a working UPS tracking number! Said it was for the UTEC. It should be here Monday. No word on my Injectors and He still hasnt called to talk about the rest of the issues. I guess its a start.
Old 03-13-2009, 02:15 PM
Cass007
350Z-holic

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by terps
Not always, for example while my build was goin on @ a different shop my gauges were stolen and they/he replaced them becuase a week prior he had an open house event or something like that. but then again he was in possesion of them(he ordered them, and when he went to install them they were missing). thier would be no profit motive but i can attest to my interactions with him that if my car was in his possesion and lets say my guages disappeared again he would pay for it.

Then again the shop that did my work had morals and a strong business ethic which from this thread SGP is lacking in all aspects. But i wouldnt consider it an omission of guilt. it could strickly be taking care of some of the issues that are easy to pinpoint and place blame on. But considering whats happened i wouldnt doubt that thief could have occured

thiefs steal your wallet and then help you look for it. its about seeming trustworthy
This is completely different. If your shop was in posession of the items when they disappeared, then they should have insurance coverage for that, and the open house suggests that a third party may be the culprit. IMO its different if items disappear from under the dash and inside the motor, it takes at least a few minutes to get to the fuel rails and injectors, If the shop didn't do anything and you had your car back for a few weeks and then said these items were missing I would think the shop would laugh in your face and tell you to check your friend's cars first.
Old 03-13-2009, 02:51 PM
terps

^ no i hear yah. frankely i havent covered this sory too indepth, didnt know the injectors were installed and didnt know it was a few weeks after the fact. i thought it was one of those sitting in the trunk/passenger seat deals. i rarely strip my car of parts/tools that are laying around when i get stuff done.
Old 03-13-2009, 03:32 PM
superchargedg
Damn Noobs

This **** just makes me sick to my stomach....and god i hope you guys get your money back but this does sound like a Madoff job.I thought that this was a standup shop coming from the supra world into ours but....wtf happened.

I am so glad that i waited on getting my trans built now that i really feel for you guys that got fkd over and i cant wait till i see Marks *** in jail.
Old 03-13-2009, 04:17 PM
coachk
Banned

Have any of you guys that got screwed, done an asset check yet to see if he has anything before you go after him in a civil suit. i.e does he own the building,vehicles, etc that you could attach a lien to.

Also..does anyone know what this site requires as proof from a vendor(insurance,licensing,etc) that they are running a legit operation. I would hope that before this site allows any other vendors on here, they would feel obligated to its members to check these shops out first and make sure their not going to pull the $hit that VRT,RA,and now SGP has.

I'm sorry to hear about all the issues you guys are having
Old 03-13-2009, 08:21 PM
XKR

Originally Posted by stormcrow

I have to say that we disagree on this point. No genuinely nice person would ever knowingly steal parts from a client's vehicle or bill a client four grand for doing absolutely nothing but storing their transmission on the floor of their shop. (for months while the client waits, i might add)

Mark is no better than Mr.A/Mr.S. He has done EXACTLY the same as them. You just fell for his smooth talking and not theirs.

Edit: I have to say that being on the outside looking in has definitely shown some patterns. ALL of these a-hole people have *some* followers and I believe this is because 1 out of every 10 people (guessing it's all based on whom the evil-doers like) gets "service above and beyond" or the actual parts / service they pay for. I guess if you screw everyone, you lose and close quickly...but, if you please 1/10th of your clientelle, someone will vouch for your "honesty and character".
YOu maybe right....But I was maybe just hoping there is an ounce of the old SGP still left in Mark...and that he will correct the issues with Eric, Marshall, Boostedtrack350,turismo and all the other that were ripped off (for the lack of a better word)...

This is going to get even more ugly from what I am hearing....
Old 03-13-2009, 08:37 PM
stormcrow

Originally Posted by XKR
YOu maybe right....But I was maybe just hoping there is an ounce of the old SGP still left in Mark...and that he will correct the issues with Eric, Marshall, Boostedtrack350,turismo and all the other that were ripped off (for the lack of a better word)...

This is going to get even more ugly from what I am hearing....
i understand where you are coming from. if i ever heard these things about sharif, sam, george, darren, or other good vendors on the boards, i would want to believe the best of them, as well. but, the sad truth would be that it wasn't something that changed in them...it was something in them all along. stealing is a crime of opportunity and it's evidently mark's personality to seize these opportunities when they present themselves.

i am reminded of something i learned in a sociology class during my criminal justice days and that is that there are three types of people in this world... one, those who will never commit wrongdoings no matter what the gain...two, those who will always commit wrongdoings no matter what the consequences... and three, (the majority of the world) those who are fence sitters and will commit crime if the gain outweighs the consequences or not if the consequences outweigh the gains... i have to say that from what i've seen of them on the boards, Mr. A and Mr. S are the second type...and Mark seems to be the third... maybe that is his saving grace and why you seem to thrash him less for his misdeeds.
Old 03-14-2009, 04:18 AM
XKR

I tend to agree

Originally Posted by stormcrow
i understand where you are coming from. if i ever heard these things about sharif, sam, george, darren, or other good vendors on the boards, i would want to believe the best of them, as well. but, the sad truth would be that it wasn't something that changed in them...it was something in them all along. stealing is a crime of opportunity and it's evidently mark's personality to seize these opportunities when they present themselves.

i am reminded of something i learned in a sociology class during my criminal justice days and that is that there are three types of people in this world... one, those who will never commit wrongdoings no matter what the gain...two, those who will always commit wrongdoings no matter what the consequences... and three, (the majority of the world) those who are fence sitters and will commit crime if the gain outweighs the consequences or not if the consequences outweigh the gains... i have to say that from what i've seen of them on the boards, Mr. A and Mr. S are the second type...and Mark seems to be the third... maybe that is his saving grace and why you seem to thrash him less for his misdeeds.
Old 03-14-2009, 08:28 AM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Angry UPDATE: Preliminary inspection results

My trans is now with Chris in Las Vegas (the same person working on Marshall's trans). I received an update yesterday from Han at Intense.

Chris advised Han that the torque converter is upgraded/aftermarket, HOWEVER it is USED and has visible wear marks!!! For those who haven't been following my story... My trans was never installed back into my car after getting it back from SPG. After hearing the bad news about Marshall's trans and all the bad stuff being posted here in this thread, we decided to have my trans torn down and inspected prior to install. So therefore, there should be no signs of wear on my torque converter!!! Chris is gonna send my torque converter to Pro-Torque to be refurbished/repaired.

After this preliminary inspection, I'm obviously not expecting good news about the internals (clutch packs, valvebody, etc.) on my trans. Since a new torque converter (the easy part of the trans build) wasn't installed, it's doubtful the meat & potatoes of the build were ever done.

Last edited by RudeG_v2.0; 03-14-2009 at 08:31 AM.
Old 03-14-2009, 08:53 AM
XKR

This is so F-ing sad...looks like SGP has VRT'ed itself.....They went from the top to the crapper in such a short time. Well, how worst can it get? This is the exact thing VRT was doing before the Boom !!

Originally Posted by RudeG_v2.0
My trans is now with Chris in Las Vegas (the same person working on Marshall's trans). I received an update yesterday from Han at Intense.

Chris advised Han that the torque converter is upgraded/aftermarket, HOWEVER it is USED and has visible wear marks!!! For those who haven't been following my story... My trans was never installed back into my car after getting it back from SPG. After hearing the bad news about Marshall's trans and all the bad stuff being posted here in this thread, we decided to have my trans torn down and inspected prior to install. So therefore, there should be no signs of wear on my torque converter!!! Chris is gonna send my torque converter to Pro-Torque to be refurbished/repaired.

After this preliminary inspection, I'm obviously not expecting good news about the internals (clutch packs, valvebody, etc.) on my trans. Since a new torque converter (the easy part of the trans build) wasn't installed, it's doubtful the meat & potatoes of the build were ever done.

Last edited by XKR; 03-14-2009 at 08:55 AM.
Old 03-14-2009, 09:24 AM
SlideFox

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

That sucks Eric!!!
Old 03-14-2009, 09:47 AM
buzzardmountain

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

sorry to hear Eric.......

Someone needs to get the process started....!!!

Old 03-14-2009, 03:29 PM
stormcrow

Originally Posted by buzzardmountain
sorry to hear Eric.......

Someone needs to get the process started....!!!

QFT!

well, eric...my condolences to you and marshall... someone mentioned earlier in this thread that mark has a crack problem... i have heard this from more than one reputable source... maybe someone should look into this from a criminal standpoint? it's obvious that if this is not just rumor, then this is most likely where all of the fraudulent transactions are stemming from...a drug habit that must be fed...

Quick Reply: SGP Racing a Scammer?