SGP Racing a Scammer? - Page 4 - MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion



Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-14-2008, 03:50 PM   #61
XKR
Registered User
iTrader: (1)
 
XKR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Texas, Arizona,Cayman Island
Posts: 5,256
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old School View Post
funny, I have roofers on my roof replacing shingles, roof felt, and drip edge right now. Damage was spread out all over Houston. Most of Houston didn't have power for 2 weeks. I live 15-20 minutes from SGP btw

sucks about your car Chris. Mine runs and looks great. :shrug:

15-20 min away?? That does not mean that everyone in the SGP area had damage. I live in Shadow Creek Ranch and we only had a few trees down a few homes with shingles missing, My house has zero damage...but when you drive less than 10 miles on Broadway/518 towards I-45 you see massive damage. When I came off the Sam Houston freeway going towards SGP....damage was minimal.... I did not get up on SGP's roof to see whats up...but this Saturday I will let you know for sure. I dont want this to sound like I have anything against SGP....I like Mark, he has always been kool with me...its Thomas I dont like


Quote:
Originally Posted by RudeG_v2.0 View Post
Not what I was hoping to hear.

Tell me about it....I was hoping things would get better over there.

Last edited by XKR; 10-14-2008 at 03:58 PM.
XKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 03:59 PM   #62
coachk
Banned
iTrader: (21)
 
coachk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Florida
Posts: 4,478
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

XKR...if you don't get pics or vids then there's no proof. Mark did me wrong a few years ago on a VB(never returned calls..always out to lunch etc) and I called him out on the forum and he said he didn't even know who I was,until I produced the numerous PM's that went back and forth between him and I.
coachk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 04:08 PM   #63
XKR
Registered User
iTrader: (1)
 
XKR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Texas, Arizona,Cayman Island
Posts: 5,256
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachk View Post
XKR...if you don't get pics or vids then there's no proof. Mark did me wrong a few years ago on a VB(never returned calls..always out to lunch etc) and I called him out on the forum and he said he didn't even know who I was,until I produced the numerous PM's that went back and forth between him and I.



I know Mark has done some of his customers wrong....and this is why I went to FP to get my car done....but the few things Mark has done on my car he did good....I know, that still does not excuse what he has done to you and the others...so I will sit on the sideline...because I know he is having problems and need to get his business straight.
XKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 04:30 PM   #64
unkn0wn ryder
Registered User
iTrader: (1)
 
unkn0wn ryder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Maui, HI =>Killeen, TX =>IRAQ
Posts: 938
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

damn whats goin on?!?! sorry you guys are having problems.... never did have problems with sgp.... they always answered my calls weither it was to buy parts, ask a question or to get my car worked on, etc.... OP pm your info and i'll try giving mark a call and let you know whats up....

btw talked to mark about a week ago, was told the area got hit hard... but they picked right up when i called.... oh and one more thing... had my motor built there and car tuned by mark.... everything came out real good and was done on time....
unkn0wn ryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 04:47 PM   #65
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器
iTrader: (1)
 
RudeG_v2.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 5,801
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by XKR View Post
>Tell me about it....I was hoping things would get better over there.
My transmission is there now and this thread isn't inspiring my confidence that it will be shipped back to Intense this week as planned.
RudeG_v2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 05:30 PM   #66
XKR
Registered User
iTrader: (1)
 
XKR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Texas, Arizona,Cayman Island
Posts: 5,256
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RudeG_v2.0 View Post
My transmission is there now and this thread isn't inspiring my confidence that it will be shipped back to Intense this week as planned.
You are in AZ.....why didnt you sent it to GTM

I will go by and look about it for you...I am sure it good to go.
XKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 05:43 PM   #67
rcdash
Registered User
iTrader: (18)
 
rcdash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Posts: 6,387
Thanked 41 Times in 36 Posts
Default

^^^ +1, GTM doesn't exactly work fast, but they do the job right. Sam knows transmissions (he worked in a trans shop prior to starting GTM) and he's great communicating over the phone anytime you need him. I know Sam doesn't guarantee 1000 whp like SGP, but I bet he could build you a 5AT that is as strong as any other built unit out there. I'd say for any 5AT, above 600 whp, just expect to rebuild it every couple years. That's not so bad, considering most cars in that power range have significant upkeep associated with them. The good news is that high performance rebuild kits for the 5AT are now widespread and utilized by many performance trans shops.
rcdash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 05:58 PM   #68
mrg1981
Registered User
iTrader: (2)
 
mrg1981's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Mesa, Arizona
Posts: 1,870
Thanked 7 Times in 5 Posts
Default

OP- I have had no problems getting a hold of Mark recently. He swapped my TC for me since the one originally sent was too high of a stall. He answered my email that was just an FYI to him on the build. He also answered his cell phone when i called several times.

If you PM me a request, I'll get you his direct contact information. I don't want to post it here and cause everyone to call him at once.
mrg1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 06:17 PM   #69
IIQuickSilverII
Registered User
iTrader: (13)
 
IIQuickSilverII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Arizona -InP-
Posts: 14,540
Thanked 165 Times in 139 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcdash View Post
^^^ +1, GTM doesn't exactly work fast, but they do the job right. Sam knows transmissions (he worked in a trans shop prior to starting GTM) and he's great communicating over the phone anytime you need him. I know Sam doesn't guarantee 1000 whp like SGP, but I bet he could build you a 5AT that is as strong as any other built unit out there. I'd say for any 5AT, above 600 whp, just expect to rebuild it every couple years. That's not so bad, considering most cars in that power range have significant upkeep associated with them. The good news is that high performance rebuild kits for the 5AT are now widespread and utilized by many performance trans shops.
mrg had decent success with his transmission and sgp(i believe he jsut needs to sort out the stall and he is good to go!) has worked out with him...and i think sgp advertizes to 800whp...
rude will be going with the sgp i think cuase of that, the fact that he knows what to expect from the work done on mrgs roadster, and he has personally talked to mark i believe as well.
Will see how it does, rude should have a very amazing street car hopefully pushing close to 650s whp (stay tuned )
IIQuickSilverII is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 06:30 PM   #70
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器
iTrader: (1)
 
RudeG_v2.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 5,801
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by XKR View Post
You are in AZ.....why didnt you sent it to GTM

I will go by and look about it for you...I am sure it good to go.
Thanks Mike

Well... This isn't meant as a slam on GTM, but I felt that SGP's trans has more proven history. Also, the GTM unit isn't rated or tested high enough for my power goals. SGP has been doing a similar upgrade for the Z32 for several years prior and has been successful running them on high power setups on the 300Z.

However... If I encounter any big or ongoing problems with the SGP built 5AT and/or SGP's service, I seriously intend to go to GTM for a 6MT swap.

Last edited by RudeG_v2.0; 10-14-2008 at 06:49 PM.
RudeG_v2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 06:35 PM   #71
JAM3Z
Phenom
iTrader: (17)
 
JAM3Z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Greenville SC
Posts: 8,701
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I didn't know you had a 5AT Rude, I guess that makes your build all the more interesting.
JAM3Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 06:53 PM   #72
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器
iTrader: (1)
 
RudeG_v2.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 5,801
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

+1 to the posts by Marshall and Jorge ^^

I was encouraged by the performance of the SGP trans on Marshall's Z and noticed that neither he nor Intense encountered any customer service problems with SGP. They performed a quick turn around on his torque converter.
RudeG_v2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 07:00 PM   #73
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器
iTrader: (1)
 
RudeG_v2.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 5,801
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
I didn't know you had a 5AT Rude, I guess that makes your build all the more interesting.
It should have some unique firsts.

However, it is looking very doubtful that the car will be ready for HIN this coming Saturday. My G is at Intense with the motor out, my trans is in Houston, and my lights are in North Dakota.
RudeG_v2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 07:50 PM   #74
mrg1981
Registered User
iTrader: (2)
 
mrg1981's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Mesa, Arizona
Posts: 1,870
Thanked 7 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RudeG_v2.0 View Post
It should have some unique firsts.

However, it is looking very doubtful that the car will be ready for HIN this coming Saturday. My G is at Intense with the motor out, my trans is in Houston, and my lights are in North Dakota.
Rude...I'm hoping to hit some of those "Firsts" first! LOL! We should definitely share some experiences and get together. Our builds are looking to be very much align in goals, so I'm sure we can learn from each other's experiences.
mrg1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 07:54 PM   #75
ttg35fort
Professional
iTrader: (2)
 
ttg35fort's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: South Florida
Posts: 1,972
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I guess I'm lucky I got my SGP wastegate relocation kit before all heellll broke loose with them.
ttg35fort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 07:55 PM   #76
mrg1981
Registered User
iTrader: (2)
 
mrg1981's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Mesa, Arizona
Posts: 1,870
Thanked 7 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RudeG_v2.0 View Post
+1 to the posts by Marshall and Jorge ^^

I was encouraged by the performance of the SGP trans on Marshall's Z and noticed that neither he nor Intense encountered any customer service problems with SGP. They performed a quick turn around on his torque converter.
I actually had some issues, but they were issues with Thomas and his service, not Mark's. Once I started working with Mark things got better quickly. The TC swap was done through Mark and was handled perfectly. I also think their products are more proven on our platform. I have already topped 693 WHP on the high boost tune and with the new TC it is faster than I imagined it could be. I still need to dyno with the re-tune and the new TC, so we'll see what this transmission can put to the wheels.
mrg1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 08:02 PM   #77
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器
iTrader: (1)
 
RudeG_v2.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 5,801
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrg1981 View Post
Rude...I'm hoping to hit some of those "Firsts" first! LOL! We should definitely share some experiences and get together. Our builds are looking to be very much align in goals, so I'm sure we can learn from each other's experiences.
Sure thing! Intense needs to get my car done soon!
RudeG_v2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 08:06 PM   #78
mrg1981
Registered User
iTrader: (2)
 
mrg1981's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Mesa, Arizona
Posts: 1,870
Thanked 7 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RudeG_v2.0 View Post
Sure thing! Intense needs to get my car done soon!
If you don't have the car done, will you still be at HIN with the rest of us? You really should come hang. I'll be there. My car is being tuned and the crank sensor is being looked at, but it will definitely be there Saturday!
mrg1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 08:28 PM   #79
IIQuickSilverII
Registered User
iTrader: (13)
 
IIQuickSilverII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Arizona -InP-
Posts: 14,540
Thanked 165 Times in 139 Posts
Default

maybe..... slim maybe that ill be there too...

you 2 should have some bad *** 5ats....raj and coachk are going to have some competition
IIQuickSilverII is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 05:24 AM   #80
XKR
Registered User
iTrader: (1)
 
XKR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Texas, Arizona,Cayman Island
Posts: 5,256
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RudeG_v2.0 View Post
Thanks Mike

Well... This isn't meant as a slam on GTM, but I felt that SGP's trans has more proven history. Also, the GTM unit isn't rated or tested high enough for my power goals. SGP has been doing a similar upgrade for the Z32 for several years prior and has been successful running them on high power setups on the 300Z.

However... If I encounter any big or ongoing problems with the SGP built 5AT and/or SGP's service, I seriously intend to go to GTM for a 6MT swap.
OK...I understand now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrg1981 View Post
I actually had some issues, but they were issues with Thomas and his service, not Mark's. Once I started working with Mark things got better quickly. The TC swap was done through Mark and was handled perfectly. I also think their products are more proven on our platform. I have already topped 693 WHP on the high boost tune and with the new TC it is faster than I imagined it could be. I still need to dyno with the re-tune and the new TC, so we'll see what this transmission can put to the wheels.
I see I am not the only one with Thomas issues.. I was told that he was given the boot...so I hope thinks will get better for SGP. It sucks when I have to ship my car all the way to FP for small things that could be done at SGP in less than an hour.

Last edited by XKR; 10-15-2008 at 05:31 AM.
XKR is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FS: 2003 Touring Edition 350z-6MT-2Tone-40K Miles - $14k - NJ ars88 Zs & Gs For Sale 18 04-04-2016 07:52 AM
FS: Nismo Floor Mats for 350Z Fixxxercask Interior 3 10-06-2015 10:17 AM
oil pressure drops after a run session? apex locator Autocross/Road 6 10-01-2015 03:47 PM
Enjuku Racing - SPEC Stage 1 Clutch Kit for Nissan 350Z EnjukuRacing Engine 0 09-30-2015 06:55 AM


Tags
350z, business, gtr, houston, my350z, nissan, number, phone, pics, racing, relocation, scam, sgp, trans, tuned, wastegate

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 08:30 AM.


Copyright 2002 - 2017, MY350Z.COM All Rights Reserved.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: