Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

interesting bad built motor thread on G35driver.......

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2008, 12:42 PM
go-fast
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by George@GTM
We have had more problems then any shop! Any evidence to back that claim up? At this point most of your post is slander.

-George
you should really stop saying "we",asking for evidence when you had so many threads deleted/cleaned is shamefull
Old 10-28-2008, 12:42 PM
craigo'sznprgrs

Originally Posted by sentry65
Honest question:
How long do you think your new engine should last with 600+whp? How many miles at a minimum?
Purely speculation IMO. My engine builder assured me more than once with my driving habits 80k miles without internal problems easy at pretty much any power level. However, I keep having issues with lines, lol. Vacuum lines first now oil lines !

Currently my engine has been super healthy for the first 5k miles and with the exception of various lines and tuning issues, I think the prediction to be accurate.
Old 10-28-2008, 12:45 PM
GTM
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by craigo'sznprgrs
I hate to chime in considering I have GTM components in my built engine, however I completely agree with this statement 100%.

I also agree completely that a HG failure is a failure. I am by no means mechanically inclined, but if the head studs aren't torqued properly any and all expenses resulting from the impending HG failure should be the responsibility of whomever assembled the motor period.

I also agree that the 3rd party inspections are a necessary and the oil analysis from Blackstone regarding Alberto's motor are pretty damning.

No hating just observing what I have read thus far.
A HG failure is a HG failure.

An engine failure is an engine failure. Very different.

Just because you blow a HG doesn't mean you need a new engine.

Also, Who installed the heads on this engine, I believe we just shipped Alberto's motor as a short block.

I am not contesting the oil analysis data, I am just trying to show the community that how are we suppose to take care of Alberto's engine when we are told it is nothing on our end, Alberto isn't* expecting anything either - was does that tell you?

Last edited by GTM; 10-28-2008 at 12:53 PM.
Old 10-28-2008, 12:46 PM
GTM
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Driven1
Come on George...Seriously... Im sure they were just poorly manufactured headgaskets...They MUST have been defective.
Still waiting on your opinion of the failure.

Your sarcasm is quite amusing though

-George
Old 10-28-2008, 12:51 PM
GTM
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Alberto
The point of me posting is to let the community know, that I believe GTM does garbage work in regards to sleeved motors. I dont have anything against you, other than you sound like an infomercial everytime somebody asks for advice on parts or you when come out with something new.

People have a right to know what others have gone through. Im not saying GTM cant build any motors without issues. But I believe the oil analysis data shows you at least failed with mine. Regardless of the oil analysis or 3rd party engine builders, etc, etc, you and Sam will ALWAYS point the finger away from yourselves. I had always heard what kind of person Sam was but didnt make a judgement until we spoke on the phone. After he threw people under the bus to make himself and his shop look better, I knew what I was dealing with. Sam or you cant sweet talk me into not posting my EXPERIENCE and data, I am not like most of the guys who have failures.

Stop asking me for more info like names of other failed motors or more pictures. Its time "we" - the people with issues stop posting, and you or Sam start posting explanations for the coincidences in these failures, or an explanation for my data if its something other than a bad job on your end. You are Sam's houdini on the forums every time he/GTM gets in trouble you do the sweet talking and distract the thread, not happening this time...
I find the highlighted statement in your post laughable, considering the sleeves currently in your engine are the same ones we installed, and now you are completely happy with your engine and your OA are great.

I am asking you for proof of your accusations, you ask the same of us, don't we deserve the same right?

Glad to hear you are happy with your current engine though, which is GTM Sleeved

-George
Old 10-28-2008, 12:51 PM
craigo'sznprgrs

A HG failure is a HG failure.

An engine failure is an engine failure. Very different.

Just because you blow a HG doesn't mean you need a new engine.

Also, Who installed the heads on this engine, I believe we just shipped Alberto's motor as a short block.

I am not contesting the oil analysis data, I am just trying to show the community that how are we suppose to take care of Alberto's engine when we are told it is nothing on our end, Alberto is expecting anything either - was does that tell you?
My assumption was that a longblock was purchased, if I am wrong about that, then disregard my statement. If a longblock was purchased then I would assume GTM installed the heads .

If there were damages resulting from expansion of the pistons due to overheating and the heads were installed by GTM resulting in HG failure, then I would attribute the failure of that engine to GTM.

I am out of this now, just a spectator. Honestly though at this point I literally see no solutions for anyone.
Old 10-28-2008, 12:53 PM
sentry65
the burninator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by craigo'sznprgrs
Purely speculation IMO. My engine builder assured me more than once with my driving habits 80k miles without internal problems easy at pretty much any power level. However, I keep having issues with lines, lol. Vacuum lines first now oil lines !

Currently my engine has been super healthy for the first 5k miles and with the exception of various lines and tuning issues, I think the prediction to be accurate.

I can't remember, but how much whp are you running?
is it a TT?
Old 10-28-2008, 12:53 PM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

If there is a problem with our products, we need to know - How else could we correct the problem and improve ourselves?
you lost me again on this one...
The attitude of blaming everybody else quickly makes your statement laughable....i know you have no control over things, but when your non boss decided to waste romes time and money even further in his attempt to make julian look bad also, it doenst show anything about you caring for the customer, shows that you had as much as an agenda as you claimed mrc had.
If you are as humble as you say and some think you are, perhaps you should be a paid employee to you can have more say in how to take care of this issues. The arrogance of blaming it on others and not even trying to make an attempt to consider that you might have some fault on the issues has to stop.

Last edited by IIQuickSilverII; 10-28-2008 at 01:05 PM.
Old 10-28-2008, 12:58 PM
GTM
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by IIQuickSilverII
you lost me again on this one...
The attitude of blaming everybody else quickly makes your statement laughable....i know you have no control over things, but when your non boss decided to waste romes time and money even further in his attempt to make julian look bad also, it doenst show anything about you caring for the customer, shows that you had as much as an agenda as you claimed mrc had.
WOW ARE YOU WRONG!

Why don't you call r0mey and ask him what he thinks.

If anyone wants to see r0mey back on the road, and is trying to get him back on the road ASAP - IT'S ME.

Don't take my word for it, call him Jorge.

You always say we blame everyone else, I am just trying to show the other possibilities that everyone quickly disregards because you are all just waiting for GTM to make a mistake so the attacks can begin.

So if we are not at fault for r0meys engine problems, can we expect and apology from you?

-George

Last edited by GTM; 10-28-2008 at 01:00 PM.
Old 10-28-2008, 01:00 PM
GTM
Vendor - Former Vendor

It is SO funny that everyone knows so much "behind the scenes info" but then when I call them out on it, there is silence - LMAO.

I can understand that you don't want to get all these people with bad GTM engines involved. They must like us so much that even with engine problems they still won't post.

Give me a break.

-George
Old 10-28-2008, 01:08 PM
Driven1
Professional

Still waiting on your opinion of the failure.

Your sarcasm is quite amusing though

-George
Here are the 3 main causes for premature headgasket failure as I have come to learn. Please enlighten me if you have other causes

1)Design issues with the engine and/or gasket (hard to seal, thermal stress created by bimetal engine or weak gasket design)

2)Installation errors (head or block not clean, smooth or flat. the wrong finish on the surface. wrong sequence, procedure or specs when tightening headbolts)

3)Operating conditions that overstress the gasket. (overheating, detonation, preignition)

#3 seems to be your most leaned upon excuse. However, the overheating in most cases reported in this thread (the way I see it) has happened AFTER the HG has been compromised imo thus causing the car to vomit coolant.

#1 is pretty high on my list b/c most of the people/shops who have assembled off one fo your supplied short blocks are NOT amateurs and have most likely done it countless times.

Last edited by Driven1; 10-28-2008 at 01:21 PM.
Old 10-28-2008, 01:10 PM
go-fast
Banned

It is SO funny that everyone knows so much "behind the scenes info" but then when I call them out on it, there is silence - LMAO.

-George
you don't get it do you?you are the one being called out......and so far you are not fairing well.
Old 10-28-2008, 01:11 PM
sentry65
the burninator

this whole thread is just going to spiral downward and get locked...
Old 10-28-2008, 01:16 PM
gothchick

We all make mistakes, we are human. If our mistakes are less than 2% of our builds I think we are doing pretty well.

-George
GT Motorsports
Umm, I'll go ahead and state the obvious for ya since you keep missing it. But you have way more than a 2% failure rate in this thread alone...

If you extrapolate your failure rate in this thread to those not in this thread, the percentage triples or quadruples easy. 6%~8% total failure rate is complete incompetence when the customer is paying $15k~$25k for a built motor. And then you have the nerve to stone-wall the people you screwed over.

Think about that, and what it's doing to your business, genious. Do you remember what happened to VRT?? Do you honestly think it can't happen to YOU too??...

Last edited by gothchick; 10-28-2008 at 01:44 PM.
Old 10-28-2008, 01:18 PM
sentry65
the burninator

no engine will last forever, they'll all eventually fail someday jk
Old 10-28-2008, 01:20 PM
go-fast
Banned

wishfull thinking,nothing in here deserves a lockdown.
Old 10-28-2008, 01:21 PM
acg

I think there is a lot more info not being shared at this time so the best thing to do would be to lock this thread till the report comes back, to many people are just assuming things.
Old 10-28-2008, 01:25 PM
GTM
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Driven1
Here are the 3 main causes for premature headgasket failure as I have come to learn. Please enlighten me if you have other causes

1)Design issues with the engine and/or gasket (hard to seal, thermal stress created by bimetal engine or weak gasket design)

2)Installation errors (head or block not clean, smooth or flat. the wrong finish on the surface. wrong sequence, procedure or specs when tightening headbolts)

3)Operating conditions that overstress the gasket. (overheating, detonation, preignition)

#3 seems to be your most leaned upon excuse. However, the overheating in most cases reported in this thread (the way I see it) has happened AFTER the HG has been compromised imo thus causing the car to vomit coolant.
Thank you, Now let me explain where our answers come from.

Alberto's engine was shipped as a short block - we did not install the heads, some would argue that we do garbage work at installing sleeves, yet it is our sleeves currently installed in Alberto's motor, which seems to be making great power, and his OA look good as well.

BamBam's engine had no issues until he took it for the run on the salt flats, no one had done what he was about to do and I commend him for doing it. I am sure Sharif warned him about the stress that would be going on during those runs. After wards it blew a head gasket, which was replaced and everything was fine.

Nitrouz' engine car ran fine with no issues, car was then impounded for around 8 months (not sure on the time frame) he got the car back and it was overheating, they found the problem to be a bad thermostat - Alex had it replaced. After wards it was determined that he had blown his head gaskets as well. They were replaced with no problems afterward.

So tell me, if these engine are machined incorrectly why is just a head gasket replacement taking care of the issues?

These cars are being driven hard and overheated, yes it is that plain and simple, and yes you can same I have "blaming" overheated as the cause to the failures.

I am sure you will stay say its a machining error despite the events that took place, which clearly show overheating as the cause.

-George
Old 10-28-2008, 01:28 PM
iStan
ZR

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

That's not true. It's GTM- It'll get deleted.
Old 10-28-2008, 01:30 PM
GTM
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by gothchick
Umm, I'll go ahead and state the obvious for ya since you keep missing it. But you have way more than a 2% failure rate in this thread alone...
There are only 2 engines that can be considered our fault. The rest is hearsay.

So lets see we have built over 200 engines, 2 fail, I'm pretty sure that is less than 2%.

Sorry you keep missing the obvious as well

-George

Quick Reply: interesting bad built motor thread on G35driver.......