Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

interesting bad built motor thread on G35driver.......

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2008, 02:09 PM
gothchick

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Let's not get this thread shut down..

Last edited by gothchick; 10-31-2008 at 09:43 AM.
Old 10-28-2008, 02:15 PM
go-fast
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

preservation of this thread is important,it is going to help countless people.most lurk and don't post.....did you see the veiw counter?people care about this
Old 10-28-2008, 02:18 PM
xcessiveskllzz

No one ever takes responsibility these days. Always fingers and elbows pointed everywhere else.
Old 10-28-2008, 02:22 PM
gothchick

Originally Posted by go-fast
preservation of this thread is important,it is going to help countless people.most lurk and don't post.....did you see the veiw counter?people care about this
Yeah, I would hate for this thread to get buried, edited, or deleted. Lot's of good info here for sure.

Last edited by gothchick; 10-31-2008 at 09:44 AM.
Old 10-28-2008, 02:23 PM
Driven1
Professional

Originally Posted by r0mey
Guys everyone needs to calm the hell down. My head is in a spiral making me want to lock my own damn thread. Its redic. People are chiming in posting for people other than themselves it needs to stop. My report was not in today hopefully it will be in tommorrow and I can move forwards and drive my car. With the 2 inches of snow outside right now its safe to say I wont be driving the z for the winter neways. None the less this is my request. Thank you
Romey. I understand and respect your request. But please understand that part of the reason you're in this situation is b/c no one has spoken up on many these issues...INCLUDING SHOPS (and I request that some other than MRC do despite the lame politics BS).

Most don't understand alot of these concepts so having them post in an educated fasion and able to rebut arguments is very difficult to do w/o standing over someones shoulder and explaining it to them. People need to learn about these things. It's VERY easy for the avg. consumer to have some excuse fed to them and believe it w/o even understanding the concept. Friends deserve to be stood up for when not able to speak for themsleves.

Many of these coming out are those that have never been mentioned publically and should have b/c people like yourself may have made different choices.

Just b/c one person doesn't have the time to post constantly and rebut arguments publically or is not a member here excuse it from being something that should be heard?

The politics in this busines are disgraceful sometimes.

They know what we're talking about.

I wish you the best my Z brother and I anxiously await your findings. Until then...I will refrain from further posts unless replied to and asked.
Old 10-28-2008, 02:28 PM
GTM
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Alberto
He is suggesting that the shop who installed the heads did it wrong-that would be Forged. If I had a nickel everytime George or Sam pointed the finger at somebody instead of taking some responsibility I could have paid for my rebuild
No I am not, I am just letting everyone know we didn't install them, since everyone seems to be on a bash GTM wagon.

There is no point to keep responding, this will never end. I have already been accused of trying to create drama so the thread gets locked.

Guess what, I could car less if it gets sticky'd, locked, deleted - whatever.

I'll wait for r0mey's engine report to come back - then we can continue from there.

Also, something everyone is forgetting - all these engines came from shops, shops that ordered engines from us. If a shop orders a sleeved engine, are we suppose to question them and make sure they know what they are selling? I think not. None of these engines were purchased directly from us and no one was "sold" on the sleeved engine upgrade from us.

Also, to make this a fair comparison, shouldn't everyone else who has had head lift issues post up their problems as well? Oh wait that's not going to happen is it? I forgot it's only GTM getting bashed right now.

My question to Alberto, QuickSilver and RudeG:

I hope it never happens to you guys, but if you do lift your heads, are you going to post about it so that the community will benefit from it, or are you going to keep it under wraps as to not discredit your builder tuner?

Alberto is the only one I expect would share his results, regardless if they are good or bad.

Anyways I am done for today, I'm off the clock now
Old 10-28-2008, 02:35 PM
superchargedg
Damn Noobs

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well i am a friend of Alberto and i know a lot more then most people know about this problem he had with this motor.One thing i have learned about Bert is he will not bash anybody about anything unless he has proof.............well he has proof.

I sure wish Julian could post here cause there would be alot more proof.I was thinking about getting a built at from GTM but not anymore.......damn shady work ethics FTL.
Old 10-28-2008, 02:39 PM
go-fast
Banned

Originally Posted by George@GTM
all these engines came from shops, shops that ordered engines from us. If a shop orders a sleeved engine, are we suppose to question them and make sure they know what they are selling? I'm off the clock now
the answer is yes,you advertised that it was the ultimate setup for over 550whp,installers have to take your WORD that it is up to par..........and what clock are you refering to?
Old 10-28-2008, 02:51 PM
booger

Originally Posted by IIQuickSilverII
lol
ok to be fair to all this.. about booger, he did deserve his ban, not because of the issues he brought up but because he called out sam, sam responded to his questions, then he decided to continue to rehash and then decided to get into it with nitrouz, he got a warning from him but booger decided to ignore it and to test him..and he got banned...it was his fault for trying to go at a moderator and making his arguments to personal...def no need for perma

You are correct on what happened . But it was Sam ignoring my legit questions that got it going in the first place and Nitrouz , being one of his customers [ nuthuggers ] with moderator status that stopped the legit questions from being answered

Alberto...THANKS FOR BRINGING YOUR TROUBLES TO LIGHT !!!!!

Maybe GTM will become a better shop as a result of it .

Last edited by booger; 10-28-2008 at 03:06 PM.
Old 10-28-2008, 02:55 PM
sentry65
the burninator

I kinda wonder if anyone here is even interested in GTM attempting resolve the situation or if some of you mainly just want them to burn to the ground regardless?
Old 10-28-2008, 02:58 PM
superchargedg
Damn Noobs

I think all of us should be interested about GTM solving what seems to be a larger then realized problem.
Old 10-28-2008, 02:59 PM
sentry65
the burninator

recently just posted on G35driver:
Originally Posted by Julian
There have also bee alot of other "interesting" facts that have been to both my and Sam's attention. We are currently discussing them.
wouldn't it be a shame it turns out to be something entirely from left field to cause the engine damage and meanwhile both company's names have been tarnished?

I don't know anything here, but just saying...
Old 10-28-2008, 03:00 PM
gothchick

I vote STICKY'D then! :-)

Last edited by gothchick; 10-28-2008 at 03:03 PM.
Old 10-28-2008, 03:01 PM
Blwn_By_Twins

I would have steered clear from the comment if I were you. I'm not jumping to any conclusions b/c I've dealt with Julian before and wouldn't recommend him to ANYONE. But you don't care about a thread that could potentially harm or clear your name being locked or deleted. I would be on here everyday trying to stand behind my work weather not people were bashing me or not.
Old 10-28-2008, 03:03 PM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Regardless of the report from Romey's motor, I stand behind my experience as being a bad one, for many reasons (already atated) with factual proof. Sentry asks more Q's than anybody in this thread, neither of which related to the OA. How about him or somebody else ask "how can I know my GTM motor wont see issues like his?" "Will more QC control checks be implemented?"
Old 10-28-2008, 03:08 PM
go-fast
Banned

Originally Posted by gothchick
I vote STICKY'D then! :-)
+1
Old 10-28-2008, 03:10 PM
Driven1
Professional

Originally Posted by sentry65
I kinda wonder if anyone here is even interested in GTM attempting resolve the situation or if some of you mainly just want them to burn to the ground regardless?
You're a bit of a drama queen....I don't think any of us want them to burn to the ground. Thats just not fair to say. They can do quality work. The question here is them standing behind their motors and not making the easy, convenient excuses that can so often fool the avg. consumer.

like I said before...many don't even understand some of the stuff being said here and could easily be fooled by..."you blew a head gasket", "you overheated", "we didn't put the heads on", "we didn't tune it", "you drove it too hard", "Ive been doing this for xx amount of years" and can get caught not knowing where to go to next, not even realizing there can be causes to justify the end and just move on and get taken advantage of.

Last edited by Driven1; 10-28-2008 at 03:14 PM.
Old 10-28-2008, 03:13 PM
acg

Like I said before, it is not how good a shop is at selling you the package but how good they are when something goes wrong.

Shops need to start taking care of the customers.
Old 10-28-2008, 03:17 PM
superchargedg
Damn Noobs

Originally Posted by sentry65
recently just posted on G35driver:

wouldn't it be a shame it turns out to be something entirely from left field to cause the engine damage and meanwhile both company's names have been tarnished?

I don't know anything here, but just saying...
Sentry i have never crossed path with you before but.............................do you feel like getting a engine shoved up your *** or what.It sure seems that you want one and i would look elsewere.
Old 10-28-2008, 03:19 PM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

The report is in ....

Quick Reply: interesting bad built motor thread on G35driver.......