Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

interesting bad built motor thread on G35driver.......

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2008, 03:02 PM
Dynasty.Zero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd like to see him go through this same process.
Old 10-24-2008, 03:11 PM
go-fast
Banned

Originally Posted by go-fast
.i know i sound like a broken record,but.......please,one customer or one shop post up a blueprint.if you don't have a blueprint,you don't have a proffessionally built motor.what the hell is going on around here,and why does nobody care?
i must have asked this ten times in the past year and not one response.
Old 10-24-2008, 03:21 PM
go-fast
Banned

builders should have shame/owners should have rage.i'll try this another way....who has a "balanced and blueprinted" engine?how much did you pay?
Old 10-24-2008, 03:32 PM
Cannysage

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

everytime I visit the FI section, there's always some huge poop that hits the industrial size fan.
Old 10-24-2008, 03:35 PM
Dynasty.Zero

Cannysage your Z is built by GTM is it not?
Old 10-24-2008, 03:35 PM
superchargedg
Damn Noobs

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Cannysage
everytime I visit the FI section, there's always some huge poop that hits the industrial size fan.
You are right but i think this time it will be of the hershey squirts type.
Old 10-24-2008, 03:40 PM
westpak
SFZCC

builders should have shame/owners should have rage.i'll try this another way....who has a "balanced and blueprinted" engine?how much did you pay?
not sure what all entails a "blue print"

But mine had:

the cylinder bores machined/bored to get a specific clearance with the piston skirts

The bearings "caged" or measure for a specific clearance with the crank

the crank/rods/crank pulley/flywheel/clutch balanced

I just paid for this work as I put the engine together myself
Old 10-24-2008, 03:49 PM
go-fast
Banned

Originally Posted by westpak
not sure what all entails a "blue print"

But mine had:

the cylinder bores machined/bored to get a specific clearance with the piston skirts

The bearings "caged" or measure for a specific clearance with the crank

the crank/rods/crank pulley/flywheel/clutch balanced

I just paid for this work as I put the engine together myself
a blueprint is a collection of every possible detail pertaining to one specific motor.all parts measured and weighed then recorded.all engine math to the best detail available,again all recorded.a complete parts list,all designed to be able to replicate a winning combination or modify a flawed one.and in this case prove that the product delivered was worthy of the price charged.
Old 10-24-2008, 04:18 PM
Sean

Originally Posted by Dynasty.Zero
Cannysage your Z is built by GTM is it not?
Yes he has (or had) a GTM build from long before your current screen name was registered.
Old 10-24-2008, 04:24 PM
Sean

a blueprint is a collection of every possible detail pertaining to one specific motor.all parts measured and weighed then recorded.all engine math to the best detail available,again all recorded.a complete parts list,all designed to be able to replicate a winning combination or modify a flawed one.and in this case prove that the product delivered was worthy of the price charged.

Too many words.

A blue-printed engine is simply one that has been built according to a plan (stock or moddified). The plan includes specs of things like bore and stroke.

A ballanced engine is simply one that has it's parts wieghed and matched to provide a rotating assebly that will not wobble.
Old 10-24-2008, 04:31 PM
hydroflip

God bless these guys. one thing for sure...who ever has been slipping up, wont be anymore.
Old 10-24-2008, 04:45 PM
35Z

Default GTM Built VQ 3.5 Engines

Originally Posted by QuadCam
are any of you following this thread?

http://g35driver.com/forums/forced-i...-vq-motor.html

could be interesting........
No! Do they offer a limited warrenty? If GTM is reputable, then they will stand by their products/services.
Old 10-24-2008, 04:57 PM
r0mey
350Z-holic

The car that is currently at a 3rd party right now ladies and gentlemen is my motor. I didnt want to be named as the customer until the 3rd party report had came back which is hopefully tommorrow. I know there are many behind the scences talking going on. So rather than getting a ton of instant messages asking me if its my car, Ill just post and tell you that it is. Both parties have agreed to me verbally that whoever is at fault they will fix the issue as to why my motor didnt fire on start up. I have been without a car for almost 6 months now and this process is a very trying and tough one. Thats all i will say for now thank you

-Jerome

Last edited by r0mey; 10-24-2008 at 05:11 PM.
Old 10-24-2008, 05:14 PM
Sean

Originally Posted by r0mey
The car that is currently at a 3rd party right now ladies and gentlemen is my motor. I didnt want to be named as the customer until the 3rd party report had came back which is hopefully tommorrow. I know there are many behind the scences talking going on. So rather than getting a ton of instant messages asking me if its my car, Ill just post and tell you that it is. Both parties have agreed to me verbally that whoever is at fault they will fix the issue as to why my motor didnt fire on start up. I have been without a car for almost 6 months now and this process is a very trying and tough one. Thats all i will say for now thank you

-Jerome
I saw your car today, it looked sad and lonely. Bring it a nice Mini-Cooper to bang on Sunday to get it's spirits up.
Old 10-24-2008, 06:19 PM
radiologue

I do. AS_LOADS$
Old 10-24-2008, 06:23 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

-Jerome
Sorry to hear about this r0mey. I hope you get taken care of either way and are back on the road again soon.
Old 10-24-2008, 06:43 PM
turismo

-Jerome
Welcome to the 6+monthdowncrew!
Old 10-24-2008, 08:53 PM
JAM3Z
Phenom

like i told you, don't get too down on yourself. It will all work out in the end.
Old 10-24-2008, 09:07 PM
go-fast
Banned

Originally Posted by Sean
Too many words.

A blue-printed engine is simply one that has been built according to a plan (stock or moddified). The plan includes specs of things like bore and stroke.

A ballanced engine is simply one that has it's parts wieghed and matched to provide a rotating assebly that will not wobble.
this is a popular mis-conception,a blueprint should be more than "a plan".for instance when an individual motor's deck height is off bank to bank compression and piston installed height is out of balance,but only applies to that individual engine.no plan can account for that and a real blueprint of that specific motor will reveal a possibly dangerous situation.not only does it confirm quality work,but helps you figure out why one cylinder detonates first or has lower compression regardless of same parts from your plan.

Last edited by go-fast; 10-24-2008 at 09:14 PM.
Old 10-24-2008, 09:12 PM
go-fast
Banned

Originally Posted by radiologue
I do. AS_LOADS$
i'm almost afraid to ask.......do you have a blueprint?

Quick Reply: interesting bad built motor thread on G35driver.......