Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

JT Performance factory

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2008, 10:17 AM
coachk
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Doug...I'm just messin with you....so it looks like we're both in the same boat and looking for a new shop. Who you going with ?????
Old 12-22-2008, 10:20 AM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by coachk
Doug...I'm just messin with you....so it looks like we're both in the same boat and looking for a new shop. Who you going with ?????
i'm keeping my car at 550whp and enjoying that.. doing all my work myself.. if its anything i can't fix or can't consult here and get an answer.. then its time to get out of the game..

there is no shop in CT i trust to work on my car and NJ is as far as i will go..
Old 12-22-2008, 10:30 AM
QuadCam

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

wow....this is getting out of hand.

JEremy will be the first to tell you that he was learning business management as he went along. He had a vision/desire to start his own business. HE did it, but got caught as a result of a declining economy and a lack of resources. This is a story we will hear from so many businesses in the coming years. as the economy contracts, small businesses will suffer.
Jeremy greatest asset is passion for cars. He was always trying to find a new way to do something or a better way. He burned the midnight oil everyday to make his business a success. As Doug said, he took care of his customers. Jeremy would make a fantastic R&D guy for a bigger business. I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up working for a Sport Compact manufacturer doing R&D/new product development/prototyping. Give him a nice budget to work with and he'll invent!

Jeremy and I used to converse on a very regular basis. We would bounce ideas off of eachother about different projects. I grew up playing with turbo imports and also domestic V8s...went to college for Mechanical Engineering (with an Internal Combustion Engine specialty). nonetheless, I was never in a position to help out his business though; I live too far away and already have a career that supports me and my family. As his business has become more complicated and stress levels have risen, we haven't spoken as often. But, when we do, it always good.

I consider Jeremy to be a friend and certainly nothing even close to a "snake in the grass." He was always honest wth me, and always went over and above what was called for.
Old 12-22-2008, 10:38 AM
coachk
Banned

Originally Posted by QuadCam
wow....this is getting out of hand.

JEremy will be the first to tell you that he was learning business management as he went along. He had a vision/desire to start his own business. HE did it, but got caught as a result of a declining economy and a lack of resources. This is a story we will hear from so many businesses in the coming years. as the economy contracts, small businesses will suffer.
Jeremy greatest asset is passion for cars. He was always trying to find a new way to do something or a better way. He burned the midnight oil everyday to make his business a success. As Doug said, he took care of his customers. Jeremy would make a fantastic R&D guy for a bigger business. I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up working for a Sport Compact manufacturer doing R&D/new product development/prototyping. Give him a nice budget to work with and he'll invent!

Jeremy and I used to converse on a very regular basis. We would bounce ideas off of eachother about different projects. I grew up playing with turbo imports and also domestic V8s...went to college for Mechanical Engineering (with an Internal Combustion Engine specialty). nonetheless, I was never in a position to help out his business though; I live too far away and already have a career that supports me and my family. As his business has become more complicated and stress levels have risen, we haven't spoken as often. But, when we do, it always good.

I consider Jeremy to be a friend and certainly nothing even close to a "snake in the grass." He was always honest wth me, and always went over and above what was called for.
+1....Thanks Andrew, I thought I was rowing this boat alone
Old 12-22-2008, 10:49 AM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by doug
i'm keeping my car at 550whp and enjoying that.. doing all my work myself.. if its anything i can't fix or can't consult here and get an answer.. then its time to get out of the game..

there is no shop in CT i trust to work on my car and NJ is as far as i will go..
I'd hate to see ya get out of the game doug. What about the shop Alberto used??? PF Supercars? Isn't that in the region and relatively close?
Old 12-22-2008, 10:53 AM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by RudeG_v2.0
I'd hate to see ya get out of the game doug. What about the shop Alberto used??? PF Supercars? Isn't that in the region and relatively close?
thats in Maryland.. don't worry Eric.. if i'm driving a Civic or Prius.. i will still be here.. i love it here
Old 12-22-2008, 11:07 AM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

thats in Maryland.. don't worry Eric.. if i'm driving a Civic or Prius.. i will still be here.. i love it here
LOL
Old 12-22-2008, 11:07 AM
go-fast
Banned

(or a smart car with a turbo'ed busa engine?)
Old 12-22-2008, 11:28 AM
Vas@Extended
Vendor - Former Vendor

Honestly without Doug here... this would be boring lol...
Old 12-22-2008, 11:37 AM
IslandZavage

I can speak from experience and not heresay that JT always took care of me and I never heard him bad mouth another shop at all. The customer service he gave me was outstanding and he did what at the time others couldnt/wouldnt do. I dropped off my car to him for my TT build and before i knew it he was at it pulling the motor and didnt waste time. I was in a serious time crunch to get the car back and he delivered. I beat on the car hard and it never had a serious issue. I was in disbelief when he announced his shop closing. I took my car to Japtrix and they installed my DP's w/dumps (Great service/Re-tune also) and Roger even commented on JT doing a good job on my car.

I dont see the big deal if someone choses a cheaper costing shop if they feel they will get the same quality product. Its their money not yours. I know i'll spend my money where ever I want and if i feel i need to find a better price i will. Lets be honest for a minute here, If you had a shop that was doing great work at a cheaper price youd go there, and if you were comfortable and happy with them even if they raised their prices to be on par with everyother shop chances are your still gonna stay there! I know i would/will... I order parts all the time from places that i know is cheaper if i shop around, but i developed a trusting relationship with who i order from so no need to change something if its not broke. The hassle alot of people go through just to save a buck is NOT worth it to me.

But back on topic: JT did right by me! Always gave me great advice, and even talked me out of buying things i didnt need and explained why..... He will be missed for sure here in Florida...

Last edited by IslandZavage; 12-22-2008 at 11:58 AM.
Old 12-22-2008, 11:42 AM
TurboTim
Vendor - Former Vendor

Coach K,

Can you contact me when you get a chance.It has nothing to do with PF, Jeremy or any of this drama.Its about regstering my R32 Skyline I just gotAlthough the economy is bad, not all of us are suffering.

Last edited by TurboTim; 12-23-2008 at 05:27 PM.
Old 12-22-2008, 12:35 PM
westpak
SFZCC

Originally Posted by IslandZavage
I can speak from experience and not heresay that JT always took care of me and I never heard him bad mouth another shop at all. The customer service he gave me was outstanding and he did what at the time others couldnt/wouldnt do. I dropped off my car to him for my TT build and before i knew it he was at it pulling the motor and didnt waste time. I was in a serious time crunch to get the car back and he delivered. I beat on the car hard and it never had a serious issue. I was in disbelief when he announced his shop closing. I took my car to Japtrix and they installed my DP's w/dumps (Great service/Re-tune also) and Roger even commented on JT doing a good job on my car.

I dont see the big deal if someone choses a cheaper costing shop if they feel they will get the same quality product. Its their money not yours. I know i'll spend my money where ever I want and if i feel i need to find a better price i will. Lets be honest for a minute here, If you had a shop that was doing great work at a cheaper price youd go there, and if you were comfortable and happy with them even if they raised their prices to be on par with everyother shop chances are your still gonna stay there! I know i would/will... I order parts all the time from places that i know is cheaper if i shop around, but i developed a trusting relationship with who i order from so no need to change something if its not broke. The hassle alot of people go through just to save a buck is NOT worth it to me.

But back on topic: JT did right by me! Always gave me great advice, and even talked me out of buying things i didnt need and explained why..... He will be missed for sure here in Florida...

I am not saying he did bad work

his price undercutting although it benefited a few it eventually did him in and would have caused damage to other shops if they had decided to follow suit in lowering prices, but the outcome tells the story.

Not only is that kind of business plan bad for the individual/shop practicing it but to the industry as a whole as it makes customers believe in something that is not real and that they are getting gouged by some shops when in reality they are just practicing smart business.

Last edited by westpak; 12-22-2008 at 12:56 PM.
Old 12-22-2008, 12:40 PM
UMW350Z

Originally Posted by TurboTim
Coach K,

Can you contact me when you get a chance.It has nothing to do with PF, Jeremy or any of this drama.Its about regstering my R32 Skyline I just got Although the economy is bad, not all of us are suffering
True...if you have awesome credit, capital, and a SECURE job, you can bank right now. You can buy a vette by doing a jig in the dealership and people are desperate to sell anything right now.

The rich got richer during the Great Depression...something to consider.

Does MaximumsportZ ever post in here or look in here? I used to fap to his car on 350zmotoring
Old 12-22-2008, 01:00 PM
Mike Wazowski
350Z-holic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by UMW350Z
Does MaximumsportZ ever post in here or look in here? I used to fap to his car on 350zmotoring
maximumsportZ

Last Activity: 12-20-2008 06:06 PM
Old 12-22-2008, 02:20 PM
QuadCam

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by USN HM 350Z
maximumsportZ

Last Activity: 12-20-2008 06:06 PM
Chris has become a lurker!

Old 12-22-2008, 02:52 PM
superchargedg
Damn Noobs

When you really think about it this is really sad.
Old 12-22-2008, 03:11 PM
__jb
Z + Rear Seat

I don't read the Forced Induction section of my350z much (because I am not FI) but I saw this thread and had to say something. I've known Jeremy for quite a while... before he had his black Z... before he opened up The Performance Factory... and we have always been friends.

I'd like to point out one thing some of the anti-Jeremy people are missing. No one will end up being friends with someone that treats them unfairly... or cheats them... or is mean to them in any way... so it goes without saying that friends of Jeremy have always had good business relations with him. Jeremy works his butt off for people in his shop. I have been there to see it many times.

I've had lots of business dealings with Jeremy... my first ever dyno several years ago... my first dyno-tune... and finally the design, assembly, and installation of my normally aspirated 3.5L VQ RevUp engine. Each of those jobs was a good experience... that doesn't mean that there were never problems... I bought one of the first Haltechs, so there was a learning curve... I wanted some pretty big cams for my NA build, so the cylinder heads had to be taken apart again to provide clearance for the camshaft lobes. I talked to Jeremy about once a week while my engine-build project was going on and he always let me know where we stood.

Now, I'm just happily driving my 312 rwhp G35 Coupe (It's a blast!). I don't check out all of the forums as much as I used to because my build is done... but I couldn't let Jeremy's name get dragged through the mud without telling my side of the story. Jeremy is a good guy. It saddens me to see some of you making snide comments and photochops about him.

I'm sorry that Jeremy's closing his shop. I'm not sure if he is still moving to North Carolina or not... I haven't talked to him in a few weeks... I know he's hustling to get people's cars finished and back home to them, so I don't want to bother him. Hopefully he'll turn up somewhere working on hot cars again... maybe I'll give him a buzz and see whether he thinks a set of the new ITB's would help my Coupe.
Old 12-22-2008, 07:24 PM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

Old 12-22-2008, 09:50 PM
theking

you're an idiot
Originally Posted by IIQuickSilverII
Old 12-23-2008, 02:00 AM
Joe@Sage

JT will be back on top real soon he has a tremendous passion for what he does and builds some fast *** cars.

Quick Reply: JT Performance factory