Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

JT Performance factory

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2008, 06:49 PM
XKR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nomyth46
i hardly ever say anything i usually just listen until there is something important enough for me to say..............JT is a freakin CON-ARTIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! let me give you some history........march of this year me and the wife planned a trip to disney world. Around the same time i just got most of the bugs worked out of my car and i needed it tuned..............so i figured it was a good idea to take it performance factory and let JT tune it because he was in the same town and alot of people said he was excellent with Utec.......so anywho i made the calls to JT and he said he could take care of it no problem........well after a 13hr drive i get there and i drop off the car......next day i get a call from JT and he says that he can't get the fuel psi below 60 and that it needs to be able to drop into the 40's for him to tune it or it will run to rich for idle.....but he said that he would take alook and see if anything was wrong............well after a couple of days he calls back and says that he took the fuel pump apart 3 or 4 time couldn't find anything wrong and that my fuel return system was all jacked up and who ever install it and did the previous work on my car didn't know anything about turbo'd cars.......he said the only solution that he could present to me was take the car back home, get the fuel system fixed and then come back down to florida to let him tune it.......well, then after another day i come to pick up the car JT is not there but AJ is. AJ gives me the keys and then call JT to see how much i owed.......JT said i owed him $250.00 and that we could settle up over the phone.........i told AJ to tell JT that the most i would pay is $100.00 and he could call me if he has a problem with it............He was only going to charge me $500 to tune it...............he never called me and i never paid........but here is the kicker....i get the car back home call up AAM who made the Fuel Return System for the car and clint said that they have had that problem before sent a piece free of charge, i put the piece in and no more problems.............i took the car to National Speed and they tuned it no problem................point of the story is this.....i drove the car 13hrs for him to tune it...........he tried to charge me $250 for a problem he said he could not fix, or give me any type of solution...........took me 15mins and a phone call and the problemed was resloved................HE'S A CROOK

^^^^^^^^^ D@mn...just when I was about to go to bed...

Last edited by XKR; 12-23-2008 at 06:51 PM.
Old 12-23-2008, 07:28 PM
QuadCam

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i hardly ever say anything i usually just listen until there is something important enough for me to say..............JT is a freakin CON-ARTIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! let me give you some history........march of this year me and the wife planned a trip to disney world. Around the same time i just got most of the bugs worked out of my car and i needed it tuned..............so i figured it was a good idea to take it performance factory and let JT tune it because he was in the same town and alot of people said he was excellent with Utec.......so anywho i made the calls to JT and he said he could take care of it no problem........well after a 13hr drive i get there and i drop off the car......next day i get a call from JT and he says that he can't get the fuel psi below 60 and that it needs to be able to drop into the 40's for him to tune it or it will run to rich for idle.....but he said that he would take alook and see if anything was wrong............well after a couple of days he calls back and says that he took the fuel pump apart 3 or 4 time couldn't find anything wrong and that my fuel return system was all jacked up and who ever install it and did the previous work on my car didn't know anything about turbo'd cars.......he said the only solution that he could present to me was take the car back home, get the fuel system fixed and then come back down to florida to let him tune it.......well, then after another day i come to pick up the car JT is not there but AJ is. AJ gives me the keys and then call JT to see how much i owed.......JT said i owed him $250.00 and that we could settle up over the phone.........i told AJ to tell JT that the most i would pay is $100.00 and he could call me if he has a problem with it............He was only going to charge me $500 to tune it...............he never called me and i never paid........but here is the kicker....i get the car back home call up AAM who made the Fuel Return System for the car and clint said that they have had that problem before sent a piece free of charge, i put the piece in and no more problems.............i took the car to National Speed and they tuned it no problem................point of the story is this.....i drove the car 13hrs for him to tune it...........he tried to charge me $250 for a problem he said he could not fix, or give me any type of solution...........took me 15mins and a phone call and the problemed was resloved................HE'S A CROOK

your story doesn't soudn like he's a crook. It sounds like you had a messed up fuel system which required a special part from the manufacturer of your fuel return system. How long is a shop going to chase around your problems and fix them without some kind of charge. most shops charge $75 -$100 per hours in labor.

So, let's say that Jeremy did tune your car even with the f'ed up fuel pressure issue. then, AAM informs you that they have a fix to the issue. you fix the fuel system...........are you now going to expect a free retune on your UTEC now that the fuel pressure is drastically different.

To me, it sounds like Jeremy wanted to tune your car only after fixing the fuel issue. What's the point of tuning a car that has a serious flaw in its fuel delivery system? Sounds to me like he was on the right track. If he was a crook, he would have just tuned your car with a f'ed up fuel system and let you go. Instead, he tried to diagnose and fix your fuel issue. after putting in some hours, you expect to only pay $100. Why? shouldn't you have called AAM about this issue ahead of time? Did you never notice that you had 60 psi of fuel pressure at idle? Was it his falult that you didn't have the missing part from AAM?

seriously, you need to rethink your whole "crook" argument.
Old 12-23-2008, 07:40 PM
XKR

Originally Posted by QuadCam
your story doesn't soudn like he's a crook. It sounds like you had a messed up fuel system which required a special part from the manufacturer of your fuel return system. How long is a shop going to chase around your problems and fix them without some kind of charge. most shops charge $75 -$100 per hours in labor.

So, let's say that Jeremy did tune your car even with the f'ed up fuel pressure issue. then, AAM informs you that they have a fix to the issue. you fix the fuel system...........are you now going to expect a free retune on your UTEC now that the fuel pressure is drastically different.

To me, it sounds like Jeremy wanted to tune your car only after fixing the fuel issue. What's the point of tuning a car that has a serious flaw in its fuel delivery system? Sounds to me like he was on the right track. If he was a crook, he would have just tuned your car with a f'ed up fuel system and let you go. Instead, he tried to diagnose and fix your fuel issue. after putting in some hours, you expect to only pay $100. Why? shouldn't you have called AAM about this issue ahead of time? Did you never notice that you had 60 psi of fuel pressure at idle? Was it his falult that you didn't have the missing part from AAM?

seriously, you need to rethink your whole "crook" argument.
Thats a good point
Old 12-23-2008, 07:48 PM
iflyjets86

this is ridiculous. and it will never end. mods close this thread and end this non sense
Old 12-23-2008, 08:05 PM
XKR

Originally Posted by iflyjets86
this is ridiculous. and it will never end. mods close this thread and end this non sense
And you are
Old 12-23-2008, 08:10 PM
nomyth46

okay first .................i told him it was a AAM fuel system.........he said he made numerous phone calls trying to figure out the problem and took the fuel pump assembly out like 4 times...........BS........ alright because being so experience in the Z community and supposedly one of the Best and he could figure that problem out........clint said that it was a COMMON problem thats why they didn't charge me.............jeremy wanted a quick buck and as soon as he found out it was more than a tune he didn't want to spend the time with it..........so he tried to charge me for nothing........did not have a solution to the problem and couldn't even diagnose the problem........so basically he tried to charge me for doing NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!.........dude at my regular maintence shop if we can't dianose or present a solution to a problem for you no matter how long we worked on it you don't get charge..thats just good business..............and as far as the 60psi of fuel pressure.....when we installed everthing and set the basic maps on the Utec we set the fuel psi for breakin and the trip down there to be extra safe!!!!

Last edited by nomyth46; 12-23-2008 at 08:13 PM.
Old 12-23-2008, 08:24 PM
QuadCam

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

nomyth46,

so what was the part that AAM had to send? What fuel system did you have? the AAM basic return system?
Old 12-23-2008, 08:33 PM
nomyth46

yeah i have the basic return system.............it was the elbow that goes to the stock fuel regulator adaptor piece inside the fuel pump assembly.............i bought the kit a few years ago and it took me abit to get all the parts for my build...........the elbow that came with the kit was a regular an to npt elbow the one clint sent me was the same thing except it had a small pressure relief hole drilled into the side of it
Old 12-23-2008, 08:36 PM
nomyth46

anywho everything is running great now...........i just chimed in because people sounded like they were wondering about why his business went down and through first hand experience i think i know why..........you can't charge someone if you did not perform a service...............if customer drove 13hrs to come to my shop i don't care if i have fab. up a part and cook him breakfast thats what i'm gonna do to make sure he's happy
Old 12-23-2008, 09:00 PM
INTENSEPOWER
Vendor - Former Vendor

after a couple of days he calls back and says that he took the fuel pump apart 3 or 4 time couldn't find anything wrong and that my fuel return system was all jacked up
..........you can't charge someone if you did not perform a service
You contradict yourself.

Why would Jeremy waste his time "diagnosing" a problem in your fuel system if he knew what the problem was to begin with? This part that you're speaking of is included in AAM fuel systems, so why would Jeremy even assume that it wasn't included? I'm sure he was under the logical assumption that your fuel system was wholly, completely solid, and when he wasn't able to manipulate the fuel to a safe level for tuning, he couldn't tune it. The AAM basic return fuel system allows you to adjust fuel pressure from 35psi to 65psi..

http://www.alteredatmosphere.com/mm5...y_Code=350Z_FS

You brought your car to him to tune it, not diagnose a fuel issue. He was unable to do for you what you brought the car in for and ended up chasing a problem that he didn't cause. Is he supposed to work on cars for free? Tuning is generally billed at a higher hourly amount, so it would behoove him to tune the car, instead of chasing a pre-existing fuel problem and getting paid a lower hourly amount. Using the term "Crook" carries quite a heavy punch, and you're throwing it around quite liberally. Your story definitely isn't black and white demonstrating malicious thievery on JT's part -- he has a business to run and ended up having to diagnose a problem instead of tuning. So just because he wanted to charge you for labor he's a crook?

D(wonders about some peeps "common sense" sometimes)
Old 12-23-2008, 09:08 PM
JETPILOT

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

anywho everything is running great now...........i just chimed in because people sounded like they were wondering about why his business went down and through first hand experience i think i know why..........you can't charge someone if you did not perform a service...............if customer drove 13hrs to come to my shop i don't care if i have fab. up a part and cook him breakfast thats what i'm gonna do to make sure he's happy
Unreasonable expectation!
Old 12-23-2008, 09:08 PM
go-fast
Banned

Originally Posted by INTENSEPOWER
You contradict yourself.

Why would Jeremy waste his time "diagnosing" a problem in your fuel system if he knew what the problem was to begin with? This part that you're speaking of is included in AAM fuel systems, so why would Jeremy even assume that it wasn't included? I'm sure he was under the logical assumption that your fuel system was wholly, completely solid, and when he wasn't able to manipulate the fuel to a safe level for tuning, he couldn't tune it. The AAM basic return fuel system allows you to adjust fuel pressure from 35psi to 65psi..

http://www.alteredatmosphere.com/mm5...y_Code=350Z_FS

You brought your car to him to tune it, not diagnose a fuel issue. He was unable to do for you what you brought the car in for and ended up chasing a problem that he didn't cause. Is he supposed to work on cars for free? Tuning is generally billed at a higher hourly amount, so it would behoove him to tune the car, instead of chasing a pre-existing fuel problem and getting paid a lower hourly amount. Using the term "Crook" carries quite a heavy punch, and you're throwing it around quite liberally. Your story definitely isn't black and white demonstrating malicious thievery on JT's part -- he has a business to run and ended up having to diagnose a problem instead of tuning. So just because he wanted to charge you for labor he's a crook?

D(wonders about some peeps "common sense" sometimes)
+1 well said,the only crook i see in this scenario is the customer.he spent time on your car and you never paid.i'm also guessing that he spent more time than he charged for considering he couldn't find your gremlin.a half assed fuel system is not his fault.