Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Check Engine + TCS + SLIP Lights?

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2009, 05:57 PM
Jetikgnt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Check Engine + TCS + SLIP Lights?

Hello FI forum members. I own a 2004 Silver 350Z with the JWT 530BB Kit (stock internals) and 37, 000 miles on the odometer. I hope you can help me with a reoccurring issue.

Issue: The following issue is happening whether the car is cold or driving down the road after 30 minutes of normal driving.

Dec. 13th
- Nice day today, so I decided to go for a drive. I haven't driven her in a while. Did my usual 5 minute warm up of the engine before driving. A quarter-mile from my house the car stutters and then the Check Engine light, the Traction Control light, and the SLIP light all come on and stay on.

OBD Code: P0345 - Dec. 15th "The PCM has determined that a malfunction exists in the electrical circuit for camshaft position sensor "A", (Bank 2) (bank 1 identifies the location of cylinder #1, while bank 2 identifies the cylinders on the opposite bank)." CIN Motorsports replaced the camshaft position sensor. Car was allowed to idle for 10 minutes after the part was replaced. No more Check Engine/TCS/SLIP lights. Drove home without any further issues.

Dec. 16th - I got up to drive it to work this morning and the three lights lit up again. Had to still drive the car to work. No issues on the way to work. No stuttering or dying engine. Car revs past 5000RPM's (not in limp mode). However, get in the car to go home after work. Will not crank. Acts as if there is no gas getting to the engine. Tried resetting the ECU by disconnecting the battery for 20 minutes (I did pump the brake pedal and turn the ignition key to make sure there was no residual electrical charge in the system). Reconnected the battery and drove (30 minutes home) straight to AutoZone to have the OBD code read again. Still reading as P0345.

Dec. 17th - January 4th- Car ran like normal. No Check Engine/TCS/SLIP lights.

Today - 30 minutes from home on the way to Charlotte, the car stutters, all three lights come back on and the engine dies while I was driving down the interstate. After several attempts to restart the car, it finally fires up and I return home without further incidence.

It was suggested I post these issues on this forum to solicit help. Any suggestions and help will be greatly appreciated.

James

Last edited by Jetikgnt; 01-05-2009 at 06:01 PM.
Old 01-06-2009, 01:06 AM
marra23

curious to see replies, have the same problem after my supercharger removal. after warm up it goes away.
Old 01-06-2009, 08:44 AM
buzzardmountain

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

bump for my good friend James......searched the forums for this error code and found others have had the same codes.....but couldn't really find where anyone had posted a solution.
Old 01-06-2009, 09:36 AM
Driven1
Professional

Does this happen under certain weather conditions? The reason I ask is during a cross country trip in my boosted car my SLIP light would come on and stay on...but only when it was raining (a day and a half). Turn it off then back on and it would stay off for a minute and then come back on and stay on. I almost never drive with the TCS on and it was off during this odd issue as well. My CE light is always on but I know why that is.

What EMS are you running?
Old 01-06-2009, 10:05 AM
Rafa

That same problem happened in my car with the TPS/SLIP light and i was getting the codes 1234 and 1231.

After months of researching it was a sensor located on the top of the actual gas pedal assembly so i changed that plus the UTEC since it ruined it by sending the wrong codes.

Hope that helps

Rafa
11.5@125.5
Old 01-06-2009, 02:20 PM
Jetikgnt

Does this happen under certain weather conditions?

The first time it happened was during an initial cold spell in the Charlotte area. However, the subsequent occurrences have been on a rainy day and the most recent event happened on a warm (low 60's) day.

I borrowed a friend's OBDII Diagnostic Code Reader. I just went to my car to read the code. It showed four codes. All of them where the same P0345 code.

Could the issue be a bad Camshaft Position Sensor wire?
Old 01-06-2009, 05:57 PM
rookie

What's your EMS? If it's the split second maybe the connections need to get looked at.
Old 01-06-2009, 06:12 PM
Jetikgnt

Yes. It is the Split Second unit.
Old 01-06-2009, 06:31 PM
rookie

Wiring diagram here. http://www.jimwolftechnology.com/wol...06-13-2007.pdf

Probably worth taking a look at the connections.

Oh yeah, check for water coming through the grommet above the ecu.
Old 01-07-2009, 07:38 AM
Jetikgnt

Thanks for the advice.

I found the instructions that show me howto get to the ECU on the Altered Atmosphere site: http://www.alteredatmosphere.com/man..._ECU_Flash.pdf

When it stops raining here, I will check to see if the Cam Sensor #2 wire is lose.
Old 03-14-2013, 01:35 PM
RIKjustin

I just stared to have the same issue a week or so back. Was it the wiring or a sensor? Not sure if anyone will see this as it is a few years back. What was the fix and the cost?
Thanks!
Old 04-20-2013, 10:57 PM
Fitz Grant

Default SES + TCS + SLIP light / car shutdown

my ´03 350z started today with the same problem. SES + TCS + SLIP light. I took my car to the garage and connected the scan getting error code P0345 "malfunction exists in the electrical circuit for camshaft position sensor "A", (Bank 2)". They took out both sensors (passenger & driver´s side), they have them cleaned, reset the ECU but issue with the lights and the shutdown of the car persists. I have been reading a lot of forums today and I found about the recall. The recall said they recommend to replace Camshaft and crankshaft sensors and in some cases times the variable timing control sensors.

My car is located in Panama so i´m not sure if I could apply the recall option. Regardless of that i will try calling the 1-800 number on monday. I found the parts on "nissan parts zone".

I just want that someone who had this problem and gotten fixed, tell me that changing the sensors will solve the issue. I have read a lot of opinions and some people said they got it fixed, others said they don´t.

thanks in advance for sharing your experience... regards

Last edited by Fitz Grant; 04-20-2013 at 10:59 PM.
Old 05-07-2013, 07:03 PM
Fitz Grant

crankshaft sensor replaced + 2 camshaft sensor replaced = problem solved, no more TCS + slip lights on...

thank you all for sharing your experiences...