Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Where's the VQ35HR SC kit?

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2009, 02:01 AM
GTM
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If a supercharger kit is developed for the HR engine, it will most likely cost the same as a twin turbo kit.

So why wait when a great alternative is already available?

-George
GT Motorsports
Old 02-01-2009, 06:49 AM
2004Black350z
Exhaust Whore

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by 350ztttt
Definitely new to F/I (obviously), but from what I've heard, internals such as...everything in the engine block needs to be rebuilt, strengthened, or replaced, (all synonyms of the word "fortified") not to mention an intercooler and whatever. I was assuming people did this instead of running ridiculously high PSI's and running the risk of blowing the engine...but what do I know, I have an NA car...
Nothing! If u would search MF u would see that u dont need to build a HR unless u want high HP. At 8psi they are making incredible numbers. Listen here Buttercup please stop wastingour time in the FI section and fcking search before u post esp when u can admit u dont know ****
Old 02-01-2009, 07:13 AM
rcdash

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by 8cd03gro
I've been looking around for info on possible single turbo kits in the future also. Someone needs to make one. The 350 is now getting into the price range where spending 8k+ for forced induction is absurd unless you plan to build the block or something in the future. When you can get HR z's with low mileage for 20k or less, there should be a cheaper option out there from someone eventually. If not, I will probably end up piecing my own kit together assuming i do get a z which seems likely at the moment.
WTF? The less the initial capital investment, the more that can be spent on aftermarket performance modifications within the same budget.

Or do you mean now that "financially challenged" individuals can purchase a Z, the aftermarket suppliers should respond to this market and create cheaper kits? LOL.

Last edited by rcdash; 02-01-2009 at 07:15 AM.
Old 02-01-2009, 09:04 AM
rtiid22

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jonnylaw
If I had a HR engine and wanted to go boost, I'd opt for the GTM TT kit. My .002
Why would you buy the GTM TT kit over Greedy's all so hyped up TT kit?
Old 02-01-2009, 10:34 AM
XKR

Originally Posted by rtiid22
Why would you buy the GTM TT kit over Greedy's all so hyped up TT kit?
And why not
Old 02-01-2009, 11:09 AM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rcdash
WTF? The less the initial capital investment, the more that can be spent on aftermarket performance modifications within the same budget.

Or do you mean now that "financially challenged" individuals can purchase a Z, the aftermarket suppliers should respond to this market and create cheaper kits? LOL.
Well put.

To me, TT on an HR is a no brainer. Now that flashes are available, it suddenly became more more affordable to TT the HR! And 450-500whp without needing to build the motor, sounds good to me.
Old 02-01-2009, 03:01 PM
rtiid22

Originally Posted by XKR
And why not
Just want to know why it's better.. I'm not implying that you shouldn't get it. The only turbo kit I know is the Greedy so that's why I'm asking. I want to FI my HR in the future, I was looking into supercharger but many people are saying it's gonna be the same price as TT so... I'm trying to research.
Old 02-01-2009, 03:49 PM
XKR

Originally Posted by rtiid22
Just want to know why it's better.. I'm not implying that you shouldn't get it. The only turbo kit I know is the Greedy so that's why I'm asking. I want to FI my HR in the future, I was looking into supercharger but many people are saying it's gonna be the same price as TT so... I'm trying to research.

Well for one GTM uses Garrett turbo's which are BB and watercooled...Greddy is not. If you plan on doing AutoX or road race events...go with the Garrett.....if not...both will be a good pick

Dont SC...TT is far better for the VQ platform
Old 02-01-2009, 04:13 PM
350z-900whp

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

those are different superchargerd kits from ORC, Novidem GTS430(made in Switzerland) , blitz

link
http://www.ricohracing.com/V36/v36.htm

link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOp_L...ad.php?p=64081
Attached Thumbnails Where's the VQ35HR SC kit?-1608.jpg   Where's the VQ35HR SC kit?-350z-gts-430-bigl.jpg   Where's the VQ35HR SC kit?-img_0506.jpg   Where's the VQ35HR SC kit?-img_0509.jpg  

Last edited by 350z-900whp; 02-01-2009 at 04:18 PM.
Old 02-01-2009, 04:36 PM
XKR

^^^^^^^^
Old 02-01-2009, 04:53 PM
crg914

Vortech has manufactured extremely limited numbers of the VQ35HR supercharger kit (http://www.400zfrenzy.com/forum/showthread.php?p=64081) ; HKS has been dragging out the release of the 35th specs, and occasionally letting HR application rumors slip (http://hksusa.com/info/?id=3408); does anyone have any info on an HR supercharger kit? Even a single turbo kit would be nice...I just can't justify an $8,000+ mod for a TT kit, not to mention the internals that need to be fortified, costing an extra I-don't-want-to-know-how-much.

Any word on FI kits for the HR, excluding the ever-present TT kits?
Fast. Cheap. Reliable.

You can only pick two of the three.
Old 02-02-2009, 09:20 AM
8cd03gro

Originally Posted by rcdash

So as the price of the z goes down you think the aftermarket parts prices should stay the same or go up??? that's ridiculous. People spending 17k on a car are going to be weary of spending 10k on a turbo setup.

A single turbo setup can be a great performer if properly sized and will just cost less in the long run. With the price for a z dropping, more people that are not willing to spend 10k on a turbo kit will be buying z's and if a single kit is produced for around 5500 or so, more people will be buying. When the market permits, why not sell 'em?
Old 02-02-2009, 10:14 AM
350ztttt

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 2004Black350z
Nothing! If u would search MF u would see that u dont need to build a HR unless u want high HP. At 8psi they are making incredible numbers. Listen here Buttercup please stop wastingour time in the FI section and fcking search before u post esp when u can admit u dont know ****
Some things I feel compelled to mention:

1.) "If u would search MF u would see that u dont need to build a HR unless u want high HP."

Why is that? how many HR's have been running stock block for over three years that we can use as examples? That was a brainless comment. The reliability of a boosted HR motor is undetermined, not proven. If people run 8psi on stock blocks for 5 years with no internal problems, than you can run your uncontrollable mouth. But how can I search data that doesn't exist?

2.) "Listen here Buttercup please stop wastingour time in the FI section and fcking search before u post esp when u can admit u dont know ****."

First of all, buttercup should not be capitalized because it doesn't have a specific reference point. (i.e. , "Look, it's the president!" vs. "Look, President Obama is over there!.")

Second...I post something with a legitimate question because I am looking to hear wind single turbo or SC setup, while you mindlessly bash people with myriad grammar mistakes and unintelligible lingo riddled with cursing and flamboyant, testosterone-induced rage. Whose time is being wasted? You read the post champ, deal with the "consequences."

Thirdly, I repeat myself, since you did; why don't YOU "fcking search" to see how reliable HR stock blocks are with TT setups after 5 years of use. You can't. You lose.

3.) You didn't pop out of the womb an FI expert, so to say i know nothing (which wasn't even true at the time; I said "What do I know," not "I know nothing." You put those words into my mouth.) is quite annoying. I admit wholeheartedly that I know very little about FI. But so did you at one point. When did gathering information about a topic become such an offense? To say I know nothing is nothing but a direct complement to your ignorance.

Why don't you try to help others who are learning? If you can't do that, then I suggest that you...well...G-T-F-O!
Old 02-02-2009, 10:47 AM
supernadc2
Banned

Why don't you try to help others who are learning? If you can't do that, then I suggest that you...well...G-T-F-O!
Including everything else he said lol.
Old 02-02-2009, 02:36 PM
TSG-Z

Finally, an argument in the FI section! I was just getting bold enough to start posting in here, my post count gives me cred
Old 02-02-2009, 03:21 PM
Car vs. Driver

Save your cash, buy an EVO, sneeze on it and make more HP.
Old 02-02-2009, 05:22 PM
jgregory124

Some things I feel compelled to mention:

1.) "If u would search MF u would see that u dont need to build a HR unless u want high HP."

Why is that? how many HR's have been running stock block for over three years that we can use as examples? That was a brainless comment. The reliability of a boosted HR motor is undetermined, not proven. If people run 8psi on stock blocks for 5 years with no internal problems, than you can run your uncontrollable mouth. But how can I search data that doesn't exist?

2.) "Listen here Buttercup please stop wastingour time in the FI section and fcking search before u post esp when u can admit u dont know ****."

First of all, buttercup should not be capitalized because it doesn't have a specific reference point. (i.e. , "Look, it's the president!" vs. "Look, President Obama is over there!.")

Second...I post something with a legitimate question because I am looking to hear wind single turbo or SC setup, while you mindlessly bash people with myriad grammar mistakes and unintelligible lingo riddled with cursing and flamboyant, testosterone-induced rage. Whose time is being wasted? You read the post champ, deal with the "consequences."

Thirdly, I repeat myself, since you did; why don't YOU "fcking search" to see how reliable HR stock blocks are with TT setups after 5 years of use. You can't. You lose.

3.) You didn't pop out of the womb an FI expert, so to say i know nothing (which wasn't even true at the time; I said "What do I know," not "I know nothing." You put those words into my mouth.) is quite annoying. I admit wholeheartedly that I know very little about FI. But so did you at one point. When did gathering information about a topic become such an offense? To say I know nothing is nothing but a direct complement to your ignorance.

+1
Jay since when are you a FI expert?
Old 02-06-2009, 01:32 PM
350ztttt

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Car vs. Driver
Save your cash, buy an EVO, sneeze on it and make more HP.
It's funny because it's true. I'm looking into getting that as my performance car, and turning the z into my dd.
Old 02-06-2009, 01:43 PM
350ZPK

Evo's are junk.
Old 02-06-2009, 02:53 PM
Car vs. Driver

Originally Posted by 350ZPK
Evo's are junk.
well, you know what people say about opinions ...

The 4G63 is argueably one if the best 4cyl motors ever put into a production car. The evo itself is an incredible car to drive on the track ... the kind with turns.

Quick Reply: Where's the VQ35HR SC kit?