Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

XKR Super G... Going for Mach 1

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2010, 09:41 AM
str8dum1

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

once someone start to mass produce tubular manifolds for the GTR so you can use more standardized turbos, price of admission between the Z and the GTR wont be too much different.

The GTR has a nice closed deck block that is much better suited for boost (no duh bc its a factory FI car!)
Old 06-07-2010, 09:55 AM
XKR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by str8dum1
dammit, now I need a dynojet pull. LOL

my turbos are soo laggy i was using 245 tires on the dyno when Forged tuned it with no problems. Like Raj said though, its a little unnerving to start spinning at 100mph
Funny you said that..... They wanted to put small tires on my car when they could not get a good run on the dyno.......Raj is correct.... It's not a good feeling.... When I was racing him.... It would fish tail towards has car at 75+ mph.... I would let off.... But runway is too short to make it up. It was not worth risking his safety or mine. I honestly did not know what to expect from the car.....I was still learning the clutch... I have never driven a car with this much powa on STREET TIRES!!!

I offered a lot of people to drive it... But only Tyler and Sharif drove it....it got away a little with Tyler ....The LSD helps ALOT!!! I don't thing Tyler felt it as much as we saw the rear whip. Raj and Paul did not want to ride the Beast

Originally Posted by Sharif@Forged
Mike, we can make much more power with the GT-R over the 370Z. The GT-R will always outperform a 370Z any way you sliced it. We are now seeing GT-R in the low 10's and high 9's still on stock engines!

That's true.... But that d@mn AT on the GTR is killing me!!! I am sure a well setup 370 with 4 digits will be in the 9s also..... I will have the TC installed in advance this time!!!!

Last edited by XKR; 06-07-2010 at 10:02 AM.
Old 06-07-2010, 10:05 AM
XKR

Originally Posted by str8dum1
once someone start to mass produce tubular manifolds for the GTR so you can use more standardized turbos, price of admission between the Z and the GTR wont be too much different.

The GTR has a nice closed deck block that is much better suited for boost (no duh bc its a factory FI car!)
And that is something I am looking at..... If I go with the GTR.... I want a real turbo to put on that thing
Old 06-07-2010, 10:29 AM
go-fast
Banned

Originally Posted by XKR
That's not 100% at this point...... I will come up with a price.... If I can't get it.... I will just park it and sell something else. This car means a lot to me because of this community.... I have ran out of garage space.... Parking sideways is not working anymore....

congrats

btwy..research interlift rotary parking lifts
Old 06-07-2010, 11:18 AM
XKR

Originally Posted by go-fast
congrats

btwy..research interlift rotary parking lifts
Thanks .....

I have the lift with the wheels.... You can position it however you want... I think its Interlift....Problem is only one section of the garage is high enough to fit one. Once this guy picks up the car... It will give me a little more room.... But I am having wife problems with garage.
Old 06-07-2010, 11:44 AM
bigcloud

Congrats on reaching your goal! I can't believe your garage is not high enough to have more than one lift!! J/K. Are you going to have to give your wife something to make the problems go away? Diamonds are always good for 6 months of no nagging...lol.
Old 06-07-2010, 11:55 AM
XKR

Originally Posted by bigcloud
Congrats on reaching your goal! I can't believe your garage is not high enough to have more than one lift!! J/K. Are you going to have to give your wife something to make the problems go away? Diamonds are always good for 6 months of no nagging...lol.
Lmao....You have a good idea

Btw... Thanks
Old 06-07-2010, 12:11 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by XKR
That's true.... But that d@mn AT on the GTR is killing me!!! I am sure a well setup 370 with 4 digits will be in the 9s also..... I will have the TC installed in advance this time!!!!
Don't get Raj too excited, Mike. It's not an automatic trans, it's a twin clutch manual trans. Trust me. it takes all of 10 mins to realize that third pedal simply slows you down.

BTW, what's up with the page counter on this thread? Did we max the parameters out??!! It's stuck on page 124.

Last edited by Sharif@Forged; 06-07-2010 at 12:12 PM.
Old 06-07-2010, 12:13 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Originally Posted by XKR
And that is something I am looking at..... If I go with the GTR.... I want a real turbo to put on that thing
AMS is just about down with their cast tubular manifolds. Lots of turbo options including the big nasty for 1200whp+.
Old 06-07-2010, 12:48 PM
Tyler4

Mike, as nasty as the power is on your G-to be honest, it was easier to drive than my car. When you have 600whp and no LSD, that makes for some serious pedaling. The thing is, once I get up to speed, my traction issues are gone-with your G (because of the power) the traction issues are there no matter what speed your at.

Last edited by Tyler4; 06-07-2010 at 12:52 PM.
Old 06-07-2010, 12:51 PM
Tyler4

It's not an automatic trans, it's a twin clutch manual trans. Trust me. it takes all of 10 mins to realize that third pedal simply slows you down. .
That's what I keep telling myself I hope to make a decision on one by winter. They are slowly coming down in price...slowly.
Old 06-07-2010, 01:05 PM
go-fast
Banned

Originally Posted by XKR
Thanks .....

I have the lift with the wheels.... You can position it however you want... I think its Interlift....Problem is only one section of the garage is high enough to fit one. Once this guy picks up the car... It will give me a little more room.... But I am having wife problems with garage.
interlift rotary is a ferris wheel for cars.............
Old 06-07-2010, 01:35 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

LMAO!
Old 06-07-2010, 06:18 PM
ToastZ

Originally Posted by XKR
Funny you said that..... They wanted to put small tires on my car when they could not get a good run on the dyno.......Raj is correct.... It's not a good feeling.... When I was racing him.... It would fish tail towards has car at 75+ mph.... I would let off.... But runway is too short to make it up. It was not worth risking his safety or mine. I honestly did not know what to expect from the car.....I was still learning the clutch... I have never driven a car with this much powa on STREET TIRES!!!

I offered a lot of people to drive it... But only Tyler and Sharif drove it....it got away a little with Tyler ....The LSD helps ALOT!!! I don't thing Tyler felt it as much as we saw the rear whip. Raj and Paul did not want to ride the Beast

Mike, come on over to the dark side. The paddles and SMG's are the future! I have learned shifting with just your middle finger works best for passing almost all other sports cars except ill driven vipers ,... best to use all fingers on those - lol

Edit: My offer still stands from ZdayZ, come on over to Road Atlanta in late July (23-25) and help Sharif teach me how to drive, ... every event I get just a little bit better. Your attendence at VIR in Feb 2011 is mandatory if you go down the GT-R path, ... mandatory!

Last edited by ToastZ; 06-07-2010 at 06:36 PM.
Old 06-08-2010, 06:59 AM
XKR

Don't get Raj too excited, Mike. It's not an automatic trans, it's a twin clutch manual trans. Trust me. it takes all of 10 mins to realize that third pedal simply slows you down.

BTW, what's up with the page counter on this thread? Did we max the parameters out??!! It's stuck on page 124.
Yes.... But who knows the whp limit of that transmission?? I am being told it will not hold the kind of power I will want in the future I am not planning on being the person to discover the limit for this community. The transmission on the lambo is the same kind of setup and only the MT is holding 1200whp without issues.....

Originally Posted by Tyler4
Mike, as nasty as the power is on your G-to be honest, it was easier to drive than my car. When you have 600whp and no LSD, that makes for some serious pedaling. The thing is, once I get up to speed, my traction issues are gone-with your G (because of the power) the traction issues are there no matter what speed your at.
LOL..... I hear you man...... I am sure LSD is on your list

Originally Posted by Tyler4
That's what I keep telling myself I hope to make a decision on one by winter. They are slowly coming down in price...slowly.
Same here... I sold a car with paddles because I could not get myself to like it. If I buy a GTR it's only because of the following. Price is coming down because there are changes being made to the next model...... Also the economy.

Lmao........ I have the Super-lift.....

Last edited by XKR; 06-08-2010 at 07:12 AM.
Old 06-08-2010, 07:14 AM
XKR

Originally Posted by ToastZ
Mike, come on over to the dark side. The paddles and SMG's are the future! I have learned shifting with just your middle finger works best for passing almost all other sports cars except ill driven vipers ,... best to use all fingers on those - lol

Edit: My offer still stands from ZdayZ, come on over to Road Atlanta in late July (23-25) and help Sharif teach me how to drive, ... every event I get just a little bit better. Your attendence at VIR in Feb 2011 is mandatory if you go down the GT-R path, ... mandatory!
I will try and make it.... Just remind me
Old 06-08-2010, 07:34 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by ToastZ
The paddles and SMG's are the future! I have learned shifting with just your middle finger works best
...sounds like it doesnt take much skill at all

Last edited by IIQuickSilverII; 06-08-2010 at 07:35 AM.
Old 06-08-2010, 08:10 AM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Originally Posted by XKR
Yes.... But who knows the whp limit of that transmission?? I am being told it will not hold the kind of power I will want in the future I am not planning on being the person to discover the limit for this community. The transmission on the lambo is the same kind of setup and only the MT is holding 1200whp without issues.....
The twin cutch in the GT-R is much better than the setup in the lambo and the guy sat Underground have already exceeded 1000whp with the e-gear. Of course, only time will tell, but 900whp has already been done on the GT-R trans. There are loads of transmission upgrades for the GT-R available: Clutches, Billet piston seals, fastener kits, upgraded gears, and plenty of others. Nissan has always made fairly stout transmission, and this one is no exception.
Old 06-09-2010, 03:40 AM
XKR

The twin cutch in the GT-R is much better than the setup in the lambo and the guy sat Underground have already exceeded 1000whp with the e-gear. Of course, only time will tell, but 900whp has already been done on the GT-R trans. There are loads of transmission upgrades for the GT-R available: Clutches, Billet piston seals, fastener kits, upgraded gears, and plenty of others. Nissan has always made fairly stout transmission, and this one is no exception.
Maybe.... But I am quite sure its no where as advanced as the Ferrari F1 transmission on the f430 or the new F460.

I am well versed in this setup.... And is my reason for taking the back seat and watching everyone else instead of being the first to jump in. Once I found out the the transmission on the F1 would cost close to 30k to replace.... I was even afraid to upgrade the floor mat..plus you only get one year warranty ...I know the power limit on the F1 transmission and it's no where near 1000whp.

The transmission on the GTR is 17k....Not willing to be the first on anything dealing with this car. I will watch where things go!!!
Old 06-09-2010, 11:29 AM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Originally Posted by XKR
Maybe.... But I am quite sure its no where as advanced as the Ferrari F1 transmission on the f430 or the new F460.

I am well versed in this setup.... And is my reason for taking the back seat and watching everyone else instead of being the first to jump in. Once I found out the the transmission on the F1 would cost close to 30k to replace.... I was even afraid to upgrade the floor mat..plus you only get one year warranty ...I know the power limit on the F1 transmission and it's no where near 1000whp.

The transmission on the GTR is 17k....Not willing to be the first on anything dealing with this car. I will watch where things go!!!
Ferrari just recently starting using the lastest twin clutch transmisssions. Their older transmissions had that lag time between shifts. The new ones are super fast. Supposedly, Underground racing is working on twin turbo packages for the F430s...haha!

Quick Reply: XKR Super G... Going for Mach 1