Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

XKR Super G... Going for Mach 1

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2009, 07:03 PM
GreenGoblin

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^ care to elborate on that one?
Old 05-04-2009, 07:08 PM
XKR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GreenGoblin
^ care to elborate on that one?
Terry and I are depending on Eric for this important piece of equipment.....Now it looks like no one can get in touch with Eric...I hope nothing has happened to him.....But now if we have to start over...this will scre up my schedule....

Old 05-04-2009, 07:21 PM
ttg35fort
Professional

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by XKR
Terry and I are depending on Eric for this important piece of equipment.....Now it looks like no one can get in touch with Eric...I hope nothing has happened to him.....But now if we have to start over...this will scre up my schedule....

Not to mention I already shelled out the cash for the diffuser and the shipping....

Anyway, we won't worry about the money at this point. If we don't hear from Eric in the next couple of weeks, we'll start looking at plan B. Luckily, we looked at a lot of options before going with Eric, now we just need to choose one of these other options as plan B.

XKR, if we don't hear from Eric by the end of next week, let's touch base and discuss the plan B options. I have one particular option where I KNOW lead time, fit and cost will not be a problem, but the diffuser may be aluminum.

Notably, changing from an aluminum hood to a CF hood only saved 8 lbs., so changing from a CF rear diffuser to an aluminum one will probably only make a 4-5 lb. difference in weight. Heck, come spend a few weeks here in Fla. this summer, and you will lose that much easy. (Do you have 4-5 lbs to spare?)

EDIT: Per my wife (I am still at work and have not yet made it home), the rear diffuser arrived today!!! I'll take pictures of it as soon as I get a chance and post them.

Last edited by ttg35fort; 05-07-2009 at 08:35 PM.
Old 05-04-2009, 07:27 PM
ttg35fort
Professional

Actually, we could use the aluminum diffuser as a template for a CF diffuser.

OK, don't worry about losing weight just yet.
Old 05-05-2009, 05:22 PM
ttg35fort
Professional

Eric just called me. The rear diffuser has shipped!!!
Old 05-05-2009, 05:33 PM
rcdash

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by ttg35fort
Thank goodness. What was the communication issue? Did he say? I'm interested in how far under the body the diffuser actually extends... pics are in the plan I hope
Old 05-05-2009, 05:48 PM
XKR

PICTURE !!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-05-2009, 07:26 PM
DanielW
Banned

damn i just read the last page of this thread with so much anticipation and then, BAM! everythings fine
Old 05-05-2009, 07:34 PM
XKR

Originally Posted by DanielW
damn i just read the last page of this thread with so much anticipation and then, BAM! everythings fine
Old 05-05-2009, 07:59 PM
GreenGoblin

Glad to hear it shipped I am very curious to see the results
Old 05-05-2009, 08:15 PM
Sylvan Lake V35

was it a totaly custom piece Eric made? I am thinking texas mile next year a diffuser wouldn't hurt The government just anally violated me on my income tax to the tune of $30,000 so funds are a little tighter than usual but if the price isn't crazy and you guys are happy with the results I would be down for one if its not too late. Keep us posted with pictures and results please.
Old 05-05-2009, 08:19 PM
Russ@Z1

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Sylvan Lake V35
The government just anally violated me on my income tax to the tune of $30,00

Yup, my butt hole tightened up a little.
Old 05-05-2009, 08:27 PM
XKR

was it a totaly custom piece Eric made? I am thinking texas mile next year a diffuser wouldn't hurt The government just anally violated me on my income tax to the tune of $30,000 so funds are a little tighter than usual but if the price isn't crazy and you guys are happy with the results I would be down for one if its not too late. Keep us posted with pictures and results please.
Yes...its custom.....2 ideas put into one......I am dying to see how it comes out also.
Old 05-05-2009, 09:12 PM
ttg35fort
Professional

Eric said it extends about the length of an arm under the car. Nonetheless, he said he can modify it to make it longer.

I doubt he has pics. he spent about 40 minutes making sure it would work with the CS style rear bumper. Apparently it does. When it arrives, I'll take pictures of the diffuser itself and post them.
Old 05-05-2009, 09:14 PM
ttg35fort
Professional

Actually, the rear diffuser was made by MasterGrades. It is supposed to be a replica of the TS diffuser, but fit a stock width rear bumper. (The TS diffuser only fits their wide body kit).
Old 05-05-2009, 09:50 PM
acg

In for pics also as I may want to purchase one if the price is good.
Old 05-06-2009, 06:52 AM
ttg35fort
Professional

Originally Posted by rcdash
Thank goodness. What was the communication issue? Did he say? I'm interested in how far under the body the diffuser actually extends... pics are in the plan I hope
Evidently, he was out of the country and had given his cell phone to a friend to cover the calls for him. I guess the calls were overwhelming and the guy just stopped answering the phone.

Eric was very nice and appologized for the lack of communication, but indicated that he was following up with all of his customers with pending orders.

Via e-mail, I received confirmation that the diffuser shipped yesterday and a tracking number.
Old 05-06-2009, 07:29 AM
GreenGoblin

Terry, I would not mind checking this out in person when you get it.
Old 05-06-2009, 09:51 AM
ttg35fort
Professional

Originally Posted by GreenGoblin
Terry, I would not mind checking this out in person when you get it.
Sure. When I get it I'll let you know.

Right now my car is at the body shop. I had them paint/clear coat my engine compartment while everything is out. Also, I have them using my fender roller to push out my rear fenders a little bit. I have Toyo 305's on the back, and the drivers side rubbed very slightly when I took a corner really hard. After these tires wear out, I probably will want to try out 315's, so I need all the room I can get. They are going to leave that primared for now.

Once Japtrix is done with the install, the car will go back to the body shop and they will finish up the paint work. Also, they will test the rear diffuser with the rear bumper. We MAY modify the lower center portion of the bumper depending on how the angle of the rear diffuser looks. I want it angled up slightly to help slow the air stream coming from underneath the car to try to match the velocity of the air stream exiting the top of the car, and I also want to make the angle adjustable of the diffuser so that we can optimize it during testing.

Eric indicated that we may want to make the diffuser longer. If so, after we decide on the bumper modifications (if any), I will ship the diffuser back to him for modification. I'll also take measurements under the car to see if he can make some flat CF panels for the bottom of the car.

After we have all that worked out, we need to start working on the front diffuser. We have a couple of options that we looked at, and will re-visit them at the appropriate time.

Last edited by ttg35fort; 05-06-2009 at 09:54 AM.
Old 05-07-2009, 06:22 PM
35Z

Default Diffuser Function

Sure. When I get it I'll let you know.

Right now my car is at the body shop. I had them paint/clear coat my engine compartment while everything is out. Also, I have them using my fender roller to push out my rear fenders a little bit. I have Toyo 305's on the back, and the drivers side rubbed very slightly when I took a corner really hard. After these tires wear out, I probably will want to try out 315's, so I need all the room I can get. They are going to leave that primared for now.

Once Japtrix is done with the install, the car will go back to the body shop and they will finish up the paint work. Also, they will test the rear diffuser with the rear bumper. We MAY modify the lower center portion of the bumper depending on how the angle of the rear diffuser looks. I want it angled up slightly to help slow the air stream coming from underneath the car to try to match the velocity of the air stream exiting the top of the car, and I also want to make the angle adjustable of the diffuser so that we can optimize it during testing.

Eric indicated that we may want to make the diffuser longer. If so, after we decide on the bumper modifications (if any), I will ship the diffuser back to him for modification. I'll also take measurements under the car to see if he can make some flat CF panels for the bottom of the car.

After we have all that worked out, we need to start working on the front diffuser. We have a couple of options that we looked at, and will re-visit them at the appropriate time.
Did you ever test the diffuser in a wind tunnel and/or track-tested?

Quick Reply: XKR Super G... Going for Mach 1