Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Running the New Vi-PEC EMS for my build.

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2009, 08:31 AM
JuJube

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BoostedProbe

Back on toppic, who is doing the engine build for you?
I have the same question that BoostedProbe has.

Who's gonna build the motor?

I am either going to order a short block from sharif, or build one up but I don't currently have anyone I trust with to do the work on the VQ bottom end.
Old 02-19-2009, 08:42 AM
Sylvan Lake V35

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ha ha, that's too funny. My wife always calls me at work, asking what I bought now when the delivery truck shows up. I am a step ahead of you though, when we decided to buy a house, I said I want to build a new one. She was happy about that, but there is a reason. I let her do everything, floor plan, color, lighting, kitched...she drew up the floor plan as well.... everything. That way I don't have to listen things like " I need a new kitchen".
Expensive, yes, but no nagging.

Back on toppic, who is doing the engine build for you?
We had a new house that was awsome...but it had a small yard so we ended up buying a house built in 1991 that was on a 1/2 acre lot in Sylvan Lake the people we bought it from were in there 80s so the whole house could use renovating and new carpets.

I bought a long block from the US. I trust Lightspeed to do the build but the prices in the US are hard to compete with right now.
Old 02-19-2009, 08:56 AM
chris'smax

Originally Posted by rcdash
If you go with the 850bb, would you stick with the S1 cams? I'd probably look at a BC stage 2 or 3 depending on if you wanted mid range or high end gains... JWT has some new cams too, but I'm not familiar with them. Something to consider while you have the opportunity.
i would go with the JWT C8 cams like i have. With these cams i was able to keep making power all the way to the 7k rpm redline. This was without any headwork also.
Old 02-27-2009, 08:12 AM
Sylvan Lake V35

Update my car is now fully tuned on the Vi-PEC it made 412whp at 6.8psi on old 91 fuel that has been sitting for several months it was an increase of about 15whp over the split second box. The tune was a very safe one Cam at Lightspeed just wanted a base map for future projects. Now its off to pull the motor and hope parts start showing up real soon.
Old 02-27-2009, 08:53 AM
Cass007
350Z-holic
Premier Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

- very nice - can't wait to see the built #'s. Did you guys try any of the features, like the flat shift? How was the startup and idle?

FYI - my turbo guy said that the anti-lag may be harmful to the turbos if it is just pouring in raw fuel during shifts. He said it ignites then and can cause seal damage in the turbos. He showed my a turbo he was repairing for a guy that street races and uses the anti-lag, it was FUBAR and he said it needs repair appx every 6 months.
Old 02-27-2009, 09:00 AM
Sylvan Lake V35

Originally Posted by Cass007
- very nice - can't wait to see the built #'s. Did you guys try any of the features, like the flat shift? How was the startup and idle?

FYI - my turbo guy said that the anti-lag may be harmful to the turbos if it is just pouring in raw fuel during shifts. He said it ignites then and can cause seal damage in the turbos. He showed my a turbo he was repairing for a guy that street races and uses the anti-lag, it was FUBAR and he said it needs repair appx every 6 months.
Ya anti lag is very hard on things like you said it dumps raw fuel and ignites it I dont plan to use anti lag thats for racers with big budgets. Idle at start up is great it even starts like stock I have seen some EMS that require a crank over so it can see where the cam/crank positions are. The Vi-PEC just fires up like stock and no hunting for idle. We never tried any features yet my tuner was doing it all on his time so he didnt go crazy just got the base map tuned he said he loves the Vi-PEC and cant wait to see what it will do when we have everything done. I think I might be waiting on turbos till the end of March.
Old 02-27-2009, 09:08 AM
Cass007
350Z-holic
Premier Member

I just watched the auto-tune vid and all I can say is WOW!! I have assembly all next week and may be fully tuned by Saturday. I will be sure to post vids and lots of pics and info on how it went. I am very happy to hear about the start up and idle being stock-like. What size injectors are you running right now, do you have the HKS 1000cc in already?

It is getting to the point where some things will have to wait till next year. My wife is getting annoyed every time UPS shows up at our door she wants a new kitchen so that will leave a dent in my car fund.
- I'm feelin you on this - I started to have everything sent to my business address so I don't have to keep purchasing major appliances.
Old 02-27-2009, 09:15 AM
Sylvan Lake V35

Just stock injectors right now.
Old 02-27-2009, 09:19 AM
Sylvan Lake V35

Originally Posted by Cass007

- I'm feelin you on this - I started to have everything sent to my business address so I don't have to keep purchasing major appliances.
My wife wants the entire kitchen redone cabnets, appliences, granaite counters, and new flooring I might get away with new carpets up stairs and a redone master bath.
Old 02-27-2009, 09:51 AM
BoostedProbe

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Sylvan Lake V35
Just stock injectors right now.
REALLY? Maybe I should leave my stock injectors in then. I have the APS 400cc but I only plan on runing on the wastegate spring, and it is only 6psi. So I shouldn't have any problems supprting about 360whp with stockers.

Don't mean to highjack the thread, just inquiring.

Gongrats on the new working EMS.
Old 02-27-2009, 11:42 AM
captj3

REALLY? Maybe I should leave my stock injectors in then. I have the APS 400cc but I only plan on runing on the wastegate spring, and it is only 6psi. So I shouldn't have any problems supprting about 360whp with stockers.

Keep the stock aps injectors and fuel system. The car will run fine with them. You need injectors that are bigger than stock to run the kit safely.
Old 02-27-2009, 11:46 AM
rcdash

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

Just curious if the stock ECU remains in place with the ViPEC or it's a full standalone (akin to the Hydra, which unfortnately never worked on 5ATs)?
Old 02-27-2009, 12:28 PM
Cass007
350Z-holic
Premier Member

I am having my stock ECU re-flashed at Dave's suggestion, so I am thinking that the stock ECU remains.
Old 02-27-2009, 01:02 PM
Sylvan Lake V35

Originally Posted by rcdash
Just curious if the stock ECU remains in place with the ViPEC or it's a full standalone (akin to the Hydra, which unfortnately never worked on 5ATs)?

Yes the stock ecu still remains.
Old 02-27-2009, 01:05 PM
Sylvan Lake V35

I would still run the aftermarket injectors if you already have them. I think the less duty cycle you run the better to a point. Give Cam a call and see his opinion.
Old 03-04-2009, 10:17 AM
Sylvan Lake V35

Here is a short video of my car running with the Vi-PEC controling the drive by wire throttle.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AggV_-rFYM
Old 03-12-2009, 09:52 AM
Sylvan Lake V35

I pulled the engine last Friday it was a bit of work it took me and red35 from 7pm-3am to get it out. Now I am waiting for the new engine to ship then the turbos will be my only hold up.
Old 03-27-2009, 03:05 PM
Sylvan Lake V35

Update

I will have a few more pictures in the next day or two of some gooood stuff and by the end of next week I hope to have 95% of my stuff.

My new tires are in Nitto Invo 305/35-19 and 275/35-19 for the front.

I hope that thing fits

alot less stretch on the fronts with the 275 on the 10.5 inch rim

No stretch on the rear with the 302 on 12 inch rims

1000cc HKS injectors

I got two of these in one is in my wifes car already our youngest girl is almost a year and isnt 20lbs yet our girls are both tiny not sure where hey get that from

Aquamist water/meth injection installed.

Old 03-27-2009, 03:35 PM
Cass007
350Z-holic
Premier Member

Looking good man..... nice to see it coming together.
Old 03-27-2009, 03:38 PM
FredB

looks like u went about things the hard way lol. why didnt u take ur front end off and pull the motor tranny through the front?

Quick Reply: Running the New Vi-PEC EMS for my build.