Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Forged Performance Customer Service is Top Notch!

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2009, 08:30 PM
nosurf2day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Forged Performance Customer Service is Top Notch!

Roughly a month ago, I was running into some tuning issues with my FCON. I decided to call Forged and I talked to Sharif. He was very helpful with me and talked me through some issues to determine if I needed to come up there and what type of tune I would need if any. After our brief conversation I found that through an install that I had with an unnamed company here in the orlando area that no longer exists. I would need to drive up to Forged to get a retune.

Upon driving up to forged, immediately I was greeted with outstanding customer service from the front office. They made me feel like I was not just a customer but a friend. They talked to me about a myriad of things to occupy my time while I watited for my car to get fixed. When I became hungry, the front office let me use their personal car to go to a local restaurant to get something to eat. WHAT! This is unheard of these days. I couldn't believe that she would be so nice to do that.

While getting my car tuned, the first thing that I noticed was that they took great care getting my car onto their lift. I have a very low profile on my car and they didn't tell me. WE CANT MAKE IT HAPPEN! They not only made it happen, getting me on the lift, they did with with extreme care and concern.

The second thing I noticed was that Shaif was clean when he was in my car. Unlike the other shop I was a customer at, the owner of the previous shop would get into my car greasy and filthy, leaving hand and palm prints everywhere, not to mention, getting my $1500 Bride LOMAX seat dirty. That upset me to no end. Not Forged, Sharif was spotless and ensured that when it left him the interior of my car was the same what it was when it was brought to him, CLEAN!

When he hooked it up, he ran the first run and realized that the tune was actually good, he didn't revamp the whole tune just to rape me on a tune fee. He just adjusted the tune only slightly to fix some leaness that I was having with the map. He only charged me the 1 hour that he actually tuned it and not the standard 3 hours for a full tune, something that most shops would con you into doing because they would say that the original tune was crap.

They went over my car with a fine tooth comb, found some issue that I was having and notified me right away. I was able to fix some on the spot and others I fixed upon my arrival back home. Overall they took care of me and my car.

I decided to have a knock amp installed and the fab work that was completed on the knock amp screen was flawless. It looks amazing right above my stick shift. I dont remember the installers name but he too was top notch.

Overall my exerpience with Forge Performance was A+, I would recommend anyone to them anytime. I am planning an upcoming engine build in the future. I will be having Forge do that full build. I dont care where in the US I am. I know that anything that comes from Forge will be something that I can rely on not have to worry about in the future.

Thanks Sharif, and the Staff for Forged Performance!
Old 03-21-2009, 09:48 PM
XKR

Glad to hear you were taken care of.....FP is a good shop.

I just have one question for you....I never seen Sharif before...could you tell me if he really looks like this

Old 03-21-2009, 11:12 PM
r0mey
350Z-holic

really? @ xkr's post
Old 03-21-2009, 11:17 PM
Nexx

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

buwhwhwhhhahahahahahaahahaha @ XKR!!!!
Old 03-22-2009, 04:07 AM
nosurf2day

umm... I honestly don't know what to say in response to that post. I want to laugh, but on the other side of the coin this could be seen as an insult as well. I hope he has a good sense of humor.
Old 03-22-2009, 04:13 AM
str8dum1

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ya I was surprised as well how many "shops" dont even bother to avoid stepping in oil and then step into your car to tune it. My driver side floor mat is ruined bc of some "tuner" doin that. I've been to see Sharif twice and dont need to worry about that kinda BS when I am there.

Forged FTW!
Old 03-22-2009, 04:42 AM
djamps

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by XKR

I just have one question for you....I never seen Sharif before...could you tell me if he really looks like this

This really made my morning...thanks guys!!! hahahah
Old 03-22-2009, 04:56 AM
Jay'Z
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That pic looks like Sharif is in Afghanistan.. FP is top notch though!! If they make mistakes they make it right!!
Old 03-22-2009, 06:28 AM
rcdash

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

Making the trek to Forged Performance is well worth the time, effort, and money. The East Coast Z/G community is lucky to have them around.
Old 03-22-2009, 08:06 AM
XKR

Originally Posted by nosurf2day
umm... I honestly don't know what to say in response to that post. I want to laugh, but on the other side of the coin this could be seen as an insult as well. I hope he has a good sense of humor.
Well if thats really Sharif in the picture....my guess is he has zero sense of humor
Old 03-22-2009, 09:39 AM
rcdash

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by nosurf2day
No worries. Sharif knows it was all in good fun and not meant to be disrespectful.

On the other hand, he did ask me the other day if I I'd be willing to do an autopsy and change the cause of death from "gunshot wound" to "natural causes". I didn't really know why he asked and just laughed and told him I could do something like "trauma of unknown etiology". Mike, you might wanna stop posting that pic, just in case...

j/k.
Old 03-22-2009, 01:12 PM
35Z

Originally Posted by XKR
Well if thats really Sharif in the picture....my guess is he has zero sense of humor
XKR- One question; is your G build done by Sharif done yet? I guess we'll hear how much humor he has
Old 03-22-2009, 02:43 PM
XKR

Originally Posted by rcdash
No worries. Sharif knows it was all in good fun and not meant to be disrespectful.

On the other hand, he did ask me the other day if I I'd be willing to do an autopsy and change the cause of death from "gunshot wound" to "natural causes". I didn't really know why he asked and just laughed and told him I could do something like "trauma of unknown etiology". Mike, you might wanna stop posting that pic, just in case...

j/k.

Originally Posted by r0mey
yes part two is coming as well as some others maybe even a SGP one
I dont know a Sharif...My car is being done at Forged Performance by Sandy
Old 03-22-2009, 03:15 PM
Sylvan Lake V35

I have never been to Forged but I have been buying parts from them lately they have very great communication about where things are (back order ect ect) and when they are shipping. Sharif has been been very helpful with my questions about my setup even though HE IS NOT doing the work (I am DIY as much as I can ) I sure appreciate that he takes time to answer my questions. I think i might have to make the 2,000mile trip next year to get the custom JWT 850bb/Greddy intercooler set up
Old 03-22-2009, 06:59 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Originally Posted by XKR

Mike, where did you find my high school graduation photo? Oh, and I hope the answers the question of whether or not I have a good sense of humor.

Don't worry Mike...I am going to leave you a few "surprises" in your car......you too Raj.

Stephen, thanks for making the trip up to the shop. I am glad you had a good time here....we enjoyed having you. I will pass your nice comments onto the rest of the staff.
Old 03-22-2009, 07:28 PM
XKR

I got the picture from Sandy....she said something about High School year book, field trip picture

Originally Posted by Sharif@Forged
Mike, where did you find my high school graduation photo? Oh, and I hope the answers the question of whether or not I have a good sense of humor.

Don't worry Mike...I am going to leave you a few "surprises" in your car......you too Raj.

Stephen, thanks for making the trip up to the shop. I am glad you had a good time here....we enjoyed having you. I will pass your nice comments onto the rest of the staff.
Old 03-22-2009, 07:39 PM
Barzten1

The Forged Performance teem is A+ #1!