Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

BuiltZMotors Barzten1 Dyno #'s

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2009, 04:15 AM
alan21

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

all around very clean car and a nasty power curve, well done, enjoy
Old 03-24-2009, 04:41 AM
marra23

nice numbers, any comment on that kinetix...i might just keep mine now.
Old 03-24-2009, 05:27 AM
SmallTuner

this high RPM power is droping from the plenum.

i think allot of ppl dont like it, but it looks realy nice under the hood

Last edited by SmallTuner; 03-24-2009 at 05:32 AM.
Old 03-24-2009, 05:46 AM
Motormouth
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

so the saga ends?

that is nice power.
Old 03-24-2009, 08:40 AM
Diesel350

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow Bartzen, That is truly a beast. it must feel completely different than the Vortech you had.
Old 03-24-2009, 11:06 AM
350zDCalb
Sponsor
builtZmotors

Exclamation

hey everyone... ive been laying low for awhile now, pretty much way too busy in my practice to deal with motor stuff, just for my good ol buddy Jason

Motor is pretty simple:
stock block
arias ED pistons 9:1 CR
eagle rods
ARP 1/2" head studs
HKS hg's

HEADS:
jwt cams (cant remember which ones)
jwt valve springs
... besides that stock

timing is very conservative... we could definately push this thing harder, but the wat crazy Jason drives... I want this thing to last and he DOES NOT need any more power- this car is frightening! This is coming from a guy who made 615whp on my car awhile back...I drive my car on 14psi now and make a little over 500rwhp...I'm happy with that
Old 03-24-2009, 04:43 PM
SmallTuner

Originally Posted by 350zDCalb
hey everyone... ive been laying low for awhile now, pretty much way too busy in my practice to deal with motor stuff, just for my good ol buddy Jason

Motor is pretty simple:
stock block
arias ED pistons 9:1 CR
eagle rods
ARP 1/2" head studs
HKS hg's

HEADS:
jwt cams (cant remember which ones)
jwt valve springs
... besides that stock

timing is very conservative... we could definately push this thing harder, but the wat crazy Jason drives... I want this thing to last and he DOES NOT need any more power- this car is frightening! This is coming from a guy who made 615whp on my car awhile back...I drive my car on 14psi now and make a little over 500rwhp...I'm happy with that
Tod !!!!!!!! wow how are you ???

hope ur doing good
my engine still runing strooooong, where have u been ????
Old 03-24-2009, 05:28 PM
Barzten1

How many miles do you have on your built motor? What kind of boost/#s?
Old 03-25-2009, 12:36 AM
SmallTuner

Originally Posted by Barzten1
How many miles do you have on your built motor? What kind of boost/#s?
im not sure but around 30 runs on the street, and 6 runs on the dyno

16 -18 psi. the turbos go boom

the engine still strong

Tod did my Darton sleeves that time when he was sending the blocks to GTM.

so they did the sleeves and the 1/2" studs.

Tell him ahmed from kuwait says hi , Tod is realy a good and funny guy

he allways love to help ppl. i love him (im not a gay)
Old 03-25-2009, 01:40 AM
Barzten1

LOL...yeah he's gone way out of his way for me and he doesnt do it because he's looking for a paycheck. Ill tell him you said hi.
Old 03-25-2009, 05:16 PM
Jay'Z
Banned

Originally Posted by R3VAN
Stop ****ing around in FI!!!!!
Old 03-25-2009, 05:39 PM
Barzten1

I didnt even get what all that meant. Ohh and Todd I think we went with GTM cams.
Old 03-26-2009, 03:28 PM
Mr_pharmD

I hope your motor last bc he totally messed up mine and joedirtpharmd's motors. I guess he has something against pharmd, that *****.

I just got my NEW block rebuilt and I had the same issues as Don with the cylinder wall clearance being way off (at least 0.007-0.009) bc this idiot tapers... this is probably the cause of the excessive blow by and oil consumption/leaks I had with only 3K miles on it. I'm sure if I didn't baby the car and boosted 16psi like it was meant for my head would have been damaged in the process. Oh, and the best part he broke all 3 of the oil squirters and tried to blame it on tuning issues. What a joker that F-in TOaD.

GL with your motor and thank god it's not your DD car bc i'm sure your block was built the same way as the one's he ruined.
Old 03-26-2009, 04:21 PM
SmallTuner

Originally Posted by Mr_pharmD
I hope your motor last bc he totally messed up mine and joedirtpharmd's motors. I guess he has something against pharmd, that *****.

I just got my NEW block rebuilt and I had the same issues as Don with the cylinder wall clearance being way off (at least 0.007-0.009) bc this idiot tapers... this is probably the cause of the excessive blow by and oil consumption/leaks I had with only 3K miles on it. I'm sure if I didn't baby the car and boosted 16psi like it was meant for my head would have been damaged in the process. Oh, and the best part he broke all 3 of the oil squirters and tried to blame it on tuning issues. What a joker that F-in TOaD.

GL with your motor and thank god it's not your DD car bc i'm sure your block was built the same way as the one's he ruined.

how did he messd up ur car ???

he is a good engin builder, i build engines alls and i know what he is doing, its not his problem if the work shop guys are stupid
Old 03-26-2009, 04:31 PM
Mr_pharmD

Originally Posted by SmallTuner
how did he messd up ur car ???

he is a good engin builder, i build engines alls and i know what he is doing, its not his problem if the work shop guys are stupid
How is it NOT his fault??? I paid him A lot for a built block and now I have a paper weight. It was his responsibility to make sure everything was perfect. I even Pm'd him numerous time asking him to take his time and to show pix if possible of the building process but it never happened. After the many rear main seal leaks with this motor I finally pulled the plug and had the motor taken out and to find pieces of the oil squirters in the oil pan. Who should I put the blame on ????
Old 03-26-2009, 04:38 PM
350zDCalb
Sponsor
builtZmotors

Thumbs down

hey there friend...
Don's issues were clearly debated and resolved in a very long thread with back and forth babble between myslef and GTM, that is an old story and I went above and beyond to rectify a situation that I feel I was not responsible for... but that is an entirely different story

I have been so busy in my practice that I have not had the time or the energy to deal with mental midgets such as yourself... and your sweet little comments help reinforce why I devote my time to patient care vs babysitting english illiterates.

So the piston to wall clearance varied between .007-.009??? Wow, that would be amazing... is that with a torque plate on while measuring with a dial bore gauge? You contacted me almost a year after you received your motor, in a very childish, threatening manner... Sorry that you are having troubles, pick up your attitude a bit and you'll learn that the world will treat you better

Good day buddy...

oh: I'll be in So Cal tomorrow and Saturday teaching a seminar if you'd like to meet up, would love to speak with you face to face
Old 03-26-2009, 05:15 PM
Mr_pharmD

Originally Posted by 350zDCalb
hey there friend...
Don's issues were clearly debated and resolved in a very long thread with back and forth babble between myslef and GTM, that is an old story and I went above and beyond to rectify a situation that I feel I was not responsible for... but that is an entirely different story

I have been so busy in my practice that I have not had the time or the energy to deal with mental midgets such as yourself... and your sweet little comments help reinforce why I devote my time to patient care vs babysitting english illiterates.

So the piston to wall clearance varied between .007-.009??? Wow, that would be amazing... is that with a torque plate on while measuring with a dial bore gauge? You contacted me almost a year after you received your motor, in a very childish, threatening manner... Sorry that you are having troubles, pick up your attitude a bit and you'll learn that the world will treat you better

Good day buddy...

oh: I'll be in So Cal tomorrow and Saturday teaching a seminar if you'd like to meet up, would love to speak with you face to face
I feel sorry for the ppl that paid to hear u speak. Yes I contacted u a yr later bc after a yr of oil spots on my driveway I was fed up and had no choice but to take the block out completely to fix the rear main seal leak.

U also forgot to mention my numerous pms and voice mails since I had the motor installed asking why I was getting all these oil leaks (Timing cover and rear main seal) and excessive blow by. I went in to fix a rear main seal leak and I find out I have bigger issues like oil squirters being broken and bad wall clearances.

I am by no means a mechanic but I am a REAL Doctor not some wannabe health care preacher so I can't tell u the details. U can call my shop and they can tell u everything wrong about that block. What I do know is that the holes were tapered (not sure what the reason y) and the clearances were way off. The machine shop said something about the longevity of the motor wasn't safe and that they wouldn't touch it unless it was done correctly. The block had to be re-honed etc. and I had to pay CP over 1400 shipped to get them here in 1 week with the custom specs.

I wouldn't be pissed if u were man enough to step up and fix your mistakes but u showed your true colors once I told u my issues. If my wall clearances were the same as Don's (wow what are the odds my clearances were 0.007???) and I remember seeing the same scarring on the bearings as his, I'm sure I would have head issues also if I rev it to 6500. I was smart and I knew I had oil leak issues and never once did I pass 4K rpm on that motor of yours...I wanted everything to be perfect before I went all out. I know ppl make mistakes but u refused to fix the problem and I just dont want to see others waste good money down the drain like I did.

Last edited by Mr_pharmD; 03-26-2009 at 05:37 PM.
Old 03-26-2009, 05:33 PM
UMW350Z

UH oh

so joedirtpharmed is not you then? joe was the one that raced that Z06vette and a sprayed C5? a couple years ago on 350zmotoring...pretty epic thread

Last edited by UMW350Z; 03-26-2009 at 05:35 PM.
Old 03-26-2009, 05:43 PM
Mr_pharmD

Originally Posted by UMW350Z
UH oh

so joedirtpharmed is not you then? joe was the one that raced that Z06vette and a sprayed C5? a couple years ago on 350zmotoring...pretty epic thread
Here's his sorry: https://my350z.com/forum/forced-indu...ltzmotors.html

I wasn't going to pay 6K in labor to have someone tell me what I already knew that I indeed FAIL and now am a proud owner of a piece of shiet block.
Old 03-26-2009, 05:43 PM
350zDCalb
Sponsor
builtZmotors

Angry

yah, that sucks bro...
Well, our machine shop would never intentionally taper a cylinder, or any other accusations you are throwing my way. They have machines over 20 blocks for me, I check all clearances before assembly, and for sonething like this to slip by the machinist and myself is unlikely. A slight taper is acceptable based on yw nature of the boring machine... If the clearances were checked without a torque plate, the measurements will be off...
I'm walking into the gym now- but some advise to you dr. Dr. Real doctor pharmd doctor; acting like a child will get u nowhere...

I feel sorry for the ppl that paid to hear u speak. Yes I contacted u a yr later bc after a yr of oil spots on my driveway I was fed up and had no choice but to take the block out completely to fix the rear main seal leak.

U also forgot to mention my numerous pms and voice mails since I had the motor installed asking why I was getting all these oil leaks (Timing cover and rear main seal) and excessive blow by. I went in to fix a rear main seal leak and I find out I have bigger issues like oil squirters being broken and bad wall clearances.

I am by no means a mechanic but I am a REAL Doctor not some wannabe health care preacher so I can't tell u the details. U can call my shop and they can tell u everything wrong about that block. What I do know is that the holes were tapered (not sure what the reason y) and the clearances were way off. The machine shop said something about the longevity of the motor wasn't safe and that they wouldn't touch it unless it was done correctly. The block had to be re-honed etc. and I had to pay CP over 1400 shipped to get them here in 1 week with the custom specs.

I wouldn't be pissed if u were man enough to step up and fix your mistakes but u showed your true colors once I told u my issues. If my wall clearances were the same as Don's and I remember seeing the same scarring on the bearings as his, I'm sure I would have head issues also if I rev it to 6500. I was smart and I knew I had oil leak issues and never once did I pass 4K rpm on that motor of yours...I wanted everything to be perfect before I went all out. I know ppl make mistakes but u refused to fix the problem and I just dont want to see others waste good money down the drain like I did.

Quick Reply: BuiltZMotors Barzten1 Dyno #'s