Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

BuiltZMotors Barzten1 Dyno #'s

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2009, 06:09 PM
Mr_pharmD

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 350zDCalb
yah, that sucks bro...
Well, our machine shop would never intentionally taper a cylinder, or any other accusations you are throwing my way. They have machines over 20 blocks for me, I check all clearances before assembly, and for sonething like this to slip by the machinist and myself is unlikely. A slight taper is acceptable based on yw nature of the boring machine... If the clearances were checked without a torque plate, the measurements will be off...
I'm walking into the gym now- but some advise to you dr. Dr. Real doctor pharmd doctor; acting like a child will get u nowhere...

WTF, how am I acting CHILDISH??? I stated the facts and am I not allowed to show some frustration especially when my soo call experienced builder sold me junk and refuse to help? Or the fact that the price I spent on this motor I could have done a 4.2L stroke motor with all the bells and whistles??? I think I'm taking it pretty well, thank u very much.

Think about it Todd, if ALL your built motors were sent to the same machine shop and Don's and mine happen to have the same wrong clearances (0.007)...doesn't that make u wonder if all the motors u sold would have been within those wrong specs also? Lucky for u the rest of the motors that u sold aren't DD so only time will tell when another builtzmotor bites the dust.

Oh, and thanks for acknowledging me as doctor...it was the best 100K spent

Last edited by Mr_pharmD; 03-26-2009 at 06:12 PM.
Old 03-26-2009, 07:03 PM
Barzten1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey man you said your piece but lets not tarnish my thread. My Z is a daily driver with 7k miles on the new motor and Id bet what I got to say that I drive this car as hard or harder than anyone here. I didnt put all this money into the Z to not beat it up. Even when I had the Vortech kit there is no way someone pushed the car the way I do. So far so good with the new motor with no issues to date. Im no Dr. nor am I an engine builder but I can say a few things about Todd. He's been there to help me out countless times when I had car issues and didnt want to pay the stealership. I know he didnt enjoy working on the car but he did to help me out. He also taught me alot to where I can pretty much fix everything myself. Id go to his shop when he was building motors and he was tripple checking and logging clearances to make sure they are right. He is very meticulous about everything he does which sometimes can be annoying but the end result is always assuring. Whenever we do work on my car including the last tune and meth injection install we worked 12 hours which he wanted no compensation for as long as I helped. Im confident my motor will last. I have a good tune and with methanol injection should be safe. I keep in mind it is a race car, and I drive it like a race car. It definatley won't last forever.
Old 03-26-2009, 07:14 PM
Mr_pharmD

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Barzten1
Hey man you said your piece but lets not tarnish my thread. My Z is a daily driver with 7k miles on the new motor and Id bet what I got to say that I drive this car as hard or harder than anyone here. I didnt put all this money into the Z to not beat it up. Even when I had the Vortech kit there is no way someone pushed the car the way I do. So far so good with the new motor with no issues to date. Im no Dr. nor am I an engine builder but I can say a few things about Todd. He's been there to help me out countless times when I had car issues and didnt want to pay the stealership. I know he didnt enjoy working on the car but he did to help me out. He also taught me alot to where I can pretty much fix everything myself. Id go to his shop when he was building motors and he was tripple checking and logging clearances to make sure they are right. He is very meticulous about everything he does which sometimes can be annoying but the end result is always assuring. Whenever we do work on my car including the last tune and meth injection install we worked 12 hours which he wanted no compensation for as long as I helped. Im confident my motor will last. I have a good tune and with methanol injection should be safe. I keep in mind it is a race car, and I drive it like a race car. It definatley won't last forever.

Sorry to impose on your thread... I tried really hard to keep my mouth shut from the first day I saw it in the FI section. Like I mention before, I wish ure motor the best of luck. Also, the last time I check I think u were a pretty BIG guy with a lot of guns so I guess that doesn't hurt especially when u were local.