Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

350z Greddy TT Kit installed and tuned

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2009, 09:53 AM
psychoballistic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 350z Greddy TT Kit installed and tuned

Alright, so i have been getting a couple pms from people who knew what i've been working on this winter. Basically I bought a greddy tt 18g kit this winter, and installed it myself with a couple friends. There is a full build page to come when i have time.

Make a long story short, Matt from formerly MRC motorsports helped me whenever I had a question, and knew exactly what i was always referring to. Could not have done the install without being able to call and ask questions, so many thanks to him for sure, he really was a HUGE help in accomplishing this and doing it right.

Second I spoke to a number of shops about tuning and other work. Bottom line, tuning is not a secret, choose someone you trust, they either know what they're doing or they don't. I also wanted to choose someone close to me, so I got hooked up with Ray Wilson from PF Supercars, he was flatout with me on everything, and right off the bat he wasnt trying to jerk me around. Brutally honest guy which is what I wanted, no beating around the Bush. Any ways, he tuned my car on a stock block and the car feels like it is completely stock. It put down on the dyno 430whp @8psi. I attached a dyno sheet as well, the graph is amazingly smooth with 0 smoothing.

All in all, Ray did a fantastic job at his shop, no wonder he is so highly respected in the rx-7 world. I will be posting up the entire build i did with my buds Collin and Jeremy when i have time at some point, but this is only the beginning.

If you have any questions just let me know, i got alot of help from some of the big names on here, and it helps to be able to call up and get that support when in tight jams.

P.S: Thanks to forged for overnighting my greddy ti-c exhaust, thanks to Hal @ injected performance, for hooking me up with my defi gauges.

More to come!!!
Attached Thumbnails 350z Greddy TT Kit installed and tuned-pg5.jpg   350z Greddy TT Kit installed and tuned-0214091047.jpg   350z Greddy TT Kit installed and tuned-0222092337.jpg   350z Greddy TT Kit installed and tuned-0222092338.jpg  

Last edited by psychoballistic; 04-07-2009 at 08:45 AM.
Old 04-02-2009, 10:09 AM
Chef-J
Booooosstt!!

Congrat, dyno looks very nice. What other support mods do you run?

chefj
Old 04-02-2009, 10:12 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Very nice power curve, especially the TQ plateau...

I also chose Ray @ PFS for my Z needs/tuning. Being upfront and 100% honest with me is the most important aspect of picking a shop IMO, he gets it done.

Enjoy the car!!
Old 04-02-2009, 10:40 AM
350 Rookie
Banned

dang, look at the power just shoot up. awesome. Btw, what other FI friendly mods do you have?
Old 04-02-2009, 10:44 AM
psychoballistic

Originally Posted by Alberto
Very nice power curve, especially the TQ plateau...

I also chose Ray @ PFS for my Z needs/tuning. Being upfront and 100% honest with me is the most important aspect of picking a shop IMO, he gets it done.

Enjoy the car!!
Thats what sold me, 100% legit, and honest, and plain out knows what he's doing. None of the you need this and that.
Old 04-02-2009, 10:57 AM
psychoballistic

I'm on my stock block for right now, eventually going to build it.

I've got 3" downpipes, with gredd ti-c exhuast, the intercooler of course, and a set of open dumps, and a clutchmaster stage 4 6-puck clutch, utec with map switch and map sensor, turbo xs boost controller, defi oil temp and boost, aem wideband.

I also relocated the oil T underneath by the oil pan because in the past ive seen them snap on some of the high hp cars by me. Better safe then sorry imo.

Alberto: I completely agree, time to enjoy

Other than that the built block will come down the road, looking into what i really want to do though, want to do it right and only once.
Old 04-02-2009, 11:58 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

congrats on the build man, car turned out great, good power. I like the PFS also shows 0 smoothing dyno sheets and just as i told you about honesty into not getting unnecessary shlt.
Enjoy it man, build motor by winter

Last edited by IIQuickSilverII; 04-02-2009 at 12:03 PM.
Old 04-02-2009, 12:17 PM
jouvert00

Nice build, enjoy the found powa!!
Old 04-02-2009, 07:00 PM
tiguy99

Glad you got er done! Nice bro. Can't wait to see the video clips of you driving this new beast around town and hearing those open dumps in action
Old 04-03-2009, 05:14 AM
psychoballistic

Thanks everyone, took it out last night for the first time, and DAMN it feels awesome, so smooth, feels like its stock just with a ton of power.
Old 04-03-2009, 05:27 AM
djamps

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Enjoy the booooooost. Her curves looks nice.
Old 04-03-2009, 05:34 AM
Cass007
350Z-holic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats to you and to Ray @ PF Supercars. Very nice dyno sheet and +1 on 0 smoothing. Enjoy your new ride and have fun with it!!
Old 04-03-2009, 05:41 AM
RandomHer0

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by psychoballistic

I also relocated the oil T underneath by the oil pan because in the past ive seen them snap on some of the high hp cars by me. Better safe then sorry imo.

Pics of this setup?
Old 04-03-2009, 06:08 AM
0jiggy0

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Congrats, nice to read a thread like this after some of the depressing broken threads lately
Old 04-03-2009, 07:02 AM
psychoballistic

I'll be posting up a full build hopefully this weekend if i get some free time along with the pics.

Yea i'm very happy with Ray, and would highly suggest him to anyone anywhere. Took his time and i'm very stisfied. Took a bunch of my friends out last night for the first time that have z's, all of them were breathless, it was such a great feeling. As im on here though people like George aka quicksilver offered tons of support through out my whole decision process. All i can say is if you have questions just start asking some of the guys who have been on here, if they dont want to help thats their problem. I got this far cuz of people like George and Rome, so if there's anything i can do to give back, dont hesitate to ask. The forums deserve alot of the credit, filled with valuable information, BUT you have to read through the opinions and bs.
Old 04-03-2009, 07:42 AM
sandy@forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Congrat and now let's do the street video
Old 04-03-2009, 08:40 AM
bryanpaintballi

I think I'm that friend who just got a Z who got a ride in his TT Z. I thought my car was nice, afterall I did just get it. But MAN his car is FAST. It just blows through those gears and through the RPM range. I was at full throttle trying to keep up last night and I'm sure he was barely touching his pedal and he was flying by me. Nice job man.
Old 04-03-2009, 08:52 AM
psychoballistic

Originally Posted by bryanpaintballi
I think I'm that friend who just got a Z who got a ride in his TT Z. I thought my car was nice, afterall I did just get it. But MAN his car is FAST. It just blows through those gears and through the RPM range. I was at full throttle trying to keep up last night and I'm sure he was barely touching his pedal and he was flying by me. Nice job man.
Thanks buddy, you'll have to take it for a spin one of these nights kiddo, lets get through this week of rain and then take them all out. BTW, we should mess with yours a bit, plenty of guys on here with the right infomartion for your car.
Old 04-03-2009, 08:56 AM
bryanpaintballi

I know you guys made me jealous last night. The growl on your exhaust is sooo nice, but my car JUST hit 1250 mi. barely out of the breakin period!!
Old 04-03-2009, 09:19 AM
Legacy406

Received 3,346 Likes on 2,635 Posts

I was visiting a friend at Marist last night at saw it. Thing sounded sick!

Quick Reply: 350z Greddy TT Kit installed and tuned