Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

350z Greddy TT Kit installed and tuned

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2009, 08:57 AM
psychoballistic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Paposurf
Hi,
Congratulation, I need your recomsndation to achieve 450whp in my 350z. My convination is: TT Greddy, 440cc, intake like kinetx ss, walbro 255, exhaust borla 2 1/2, eliminated fatalistic and replacment by down pipe JVT 2 1/2

Actually, the system is managed by e-manage blue. However I have a new UTEC to replace the Greddy. Can you please help me to obtain a good map for my utec. In addition any advice is welcome.
Honestly, get bigger injectors and take the car to Ray at PF Supercars, he can tune you the numbers your looking for. The utec has tons of features for a piggyback system. I'm running 750cc injectors and am maxed out so to say, for 450whp you'd be fine with some 600's or something comparable. Like Alberto said the maps are car specific, best bet is get a base map off of the turbo xs website, or have it trailered, but i wouldn't boost until you have your car tuned.

If you need anything let me know.
Old 04-09-2009, 12:06 AM
500HPZ
Vendor - Former Vendor

Finally done

You should get a return system, btw the deatsch werks 800cc injectors idle like a factory Z with the utec with the godzilla fuel system.

Last edited by 500HPZ; 04-09-2009 at 12:09 AM.
Old 04-09-2009, 04:50 AM
psychoballistic

Originally Posted by 500HPZ
Finally done

You should get a return system, btw the deatsch werks 800cc injectors idle like a factory Z with the utec with the godzilla fuel system.
Thanks Mo, I'll give you a call this weekend to talk about them a little bit, and get your thoughts on a couple things you mentioned last time.
Old 04-16-2009, 06:35 PM
rrmedicx

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

So how about some more feedback Phil? Some of the highlights on how it drives since the weather has improved somewhat.
Old 04-20-2009, 06:17 AM
psychoballistic

Ok, so like most guys, I started my build writeup and have yet to finish it.

BUT, I do have an update per Randy's request. The car drives wonderfully as far as drivability goes. The power is crazy smooooth. I just slapped new tires on it this weekend, pair of kdw 2's again, and i can put down all my power except for 1st gear of course.

I REGRET not getting my tranny changed to the 09 from my 06, i still have issues with 3rd and 5th, although generally not too bad only when im really getting on it.

The car still idles very low from the rc750 injectors that I have. I'm looking into full standalone now and am leading towards pro efi since thats what my tuner uses or Haltec since he has experience with it. But it will be one of the those two choices. Otherwise if I stick with the utec i'll be sending my stock ECU to Hal to get it reflashed.

The only things I would surely change down the road are:
1.) The six puck clutch for street driving, hard to go from light to light, but great on the highway (Most likely will go with a carbonetics dual disc or triple disc next)
2.) Changing the trans of course from the 06 to the 09, synchro issues, drive it till I blow it at this point.
3.) Look into altering the open dumps some how to change the sound, but not re-route them into the dumps.
4.) External oil cooler, under boost and driving it hard it sits at over 200 degrees, most of the time almost 220. Definately want to bring that down a bit.
5.) Swap the hood out for one with a cowl, to pull air out, and vent the front bumper somehow to help the reduce the heat, I know it should be hot, but dang it's hot under there.

The weather hasn't effected the car either much at all, to be perfectly honest, everday that it's nice out i've driven the car and it rides great. I let my gf drive it and she said it felt normal except for the clutch, told her to mat it and she was flabergasted.

Some of the things that are happening since i've started driving it alot though is that im getting the carbon on the passenger side of my bumper from the ti-c exhaust, so ill have to make a couple adjustments on that in the near future.

Overall the car feels like it is stock, looks stock, and sounds pretty quiet until I open it up a bit. I'm very happy with it, and I am startig to look into the building of the block. I am still unsure whether im taking it to be built, buying a built block or doing it myself. My bosses at the shop I tow for (A&G) race pro-stock drag cars, 8 seconds at 200+mph, and offered to do the build with me if I get the motor back out. So im slightly torn on the building of the block, whether to go to a shop who does it all the time or do it myself with my bosses I must admit though all this wouldn't have ben possible without the help of four main people: My girlfriend Jenn, and my buds Collin, Jeremy and Teddy. It really does take alot of time and you need people who can help turn wrenches. My buddy Teddy rides his bike next to the car and always lets me know how its sounding, if something doesnt sound right or if there's a funny sound.

Speaking of noises, my friend ted and i were out the other night when i got on it quick then let right off, then all of a sudden we were hearing a loud rubbing noise. The cerpentine belt jumped off a little bit and was rubing on the backside of the pulley. Pulled right over and had my bro bring me tools and a new belt and i changed it right in the parking lot. A little tighter now then they were before as suggested by a few guys.

Honestly i'm not sure if i've covered everything i can think of, still working on my writeup, but man does that take a long time. If anyone has any questions just let me know and ill do what I can to answer them.

Hope this is what you were looking for Randy Did you schedule your tune yet, im dying to see what your results are man.
Old 04-20-2009, 06:37 AM
Toby-22

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats man, i too am planning on going F/I on stock block
Old 04-20-2009, 07:00 AM
rrmedicx

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

PM'd ya.
Thanks for the great feedback Phil.
Not sure what you mean about the open dumps...Only options that I am aware of is to leave them open or to re-route them back into the exhaust.
Oil Coolers help with Heat, but also consider a better radiator and possibly turbo blankets. If you have trouble finding them, let me know. I have a source for them. Custom made for the Greddy turbo blankets. This cuts down on heat in a major way. Also wrapping the downpipes, which is never too late to do BTW...

Believe it or not, check e-bay for Z tranny's (got my CD009 for $800 w/5K miles) or Turbo Toys in Florida. I have found many great used parts from Turbo-toys. Speak to Jim.

The dealer can up the idle if you want. They just plug in to the OBD connector below the steering wheel and raise it to whatever you like. Mine is set to about 950 rpm. But I may need to bump it once my 272 cams are finished being installed.

Last edited by rrmedicx; 04-20-2009 at 07:12 AM.
Old 04-21-2009, 03:52 AM
marshallpre1

I've seen this car driving around. What a joke
Old 04-21-2009, 05:12 AM
psychoballistic

I went to the dealer the other day and they said they can't bump it up. They are a bunch of morons by me though. Ill be taking it to one about 45 minutes from me, they said it would only take them a couple of minutes and to bring it on down.

Did you have an annoying rattle when the car would just sit at idle Randy? Thats the only real reason for me to get it bumped up because it drives me insane.

Thanks for advice on ebay, i'll check that out and see if I can find one for a decent price.

Originally Posted by rrmedicx
PM'd ya.
Thanks for the great feedback Phil.
Not sure what you mean about the open dumps...Only options that I am aware of is to leave them open or to re-route them back into the exhaust.
Oil Coolers help with Heat, but also consider a better radiator and possibly turbo blankets. If you have trouble finding them, let me know. I have a source for them. Custom made for the Greddy turbo blankets. This cuts down on heat in a major way. Also wrapping the downpipes, which is never too late to do BTW...

Believe it or not, check e-bay for Z tranny's (got my CD009 for $800 w/5K miles) or Turbo Toys in Florida. I have found many great used parts from Turbo-toys. Speak to Jim.

The dealer can up the idle if you want. They just plug in to the OBD connector below the steering wheel and raise it to whatever you like. Mine is set to about 950 rpm. But I may need to bump it once my 272 cams are finished being installed.
Old 04-21-2009, 05:15 AM
psychoballistic

Originally Posted by JPE22
Congrats man, i too am planning on going F/I on stock block

Thanks man, it runs and feels great. Feels like a normal z just with alot more power. I can see why everyone wants more once they have boost.
Old 04-21-2009, 05:23 AM
psychoballistic

Originally Posted by marshallpre1
I've seen this car driving around. What a joke
Lol, I can't wait till your Supra is completely finished bro. Let me know when you want to pull the trans. Just need a couple days heads up.
Old 04-22-2009, 08:13 PM
trakattack

This is the same setup i want. congrats ;p