Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

greddy Twin Turbo oil supply lines upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2009, 02:37 PM
deanfootlong

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default greddy Twin Turbo oil supply lines upgrade

heres how to make oil supply lines for 100 bucks including everything that you need. oil unions, connectors, and steel braided line.

first off, thank you to george @ gtm for sending an inquiry to greddy to get the parts i needed to hook up the greddy oil lines, however, i will no longer be needing them.

check it out:

I'm slowly doing a built motor TT on my 04 g coupe. for now, im going to TT my stock block and make sure everything works great. in the mean time, im building a motor and need more cash to get everything else that i want(meth injection, new radiator, twin disk, etc).
anyways, i was planning on using the stock greddy oil supply lines but did not have the oil unions to connect the lines to my stock oil pressure sending unit location. trust me, i looked everywhere for this fitting. apparently nobody carries an 1/8" PT to 1/8" PF. not hose pros, not summitracing.com not any industrial hardware store. i did find a few website that advertised that they had this fitting, but either they were out of business and still had a website up, or they would not respond to any of my calls or emails. so...... i decided to scrap the stock greddy oil supply lines.
i went to industrial liquidators (shop in san diego that ive always gone to when needing fittings or anything "hobby" related) and wanted to make my own oil supply lines for the TT's. i knew i wanted to scrap the banjo bolt idea and go straight through. here are some pics of what i used to create my own oil supply lines.

heres a comparison of the stock greddy lines compared to a -3 line.

step one of making an oil fitting line...

step two, simply screw the two together after you have sepparated the steel braided line from the nylon hose inside.

then you'll have something like this....

here you'll see what's going on with the lines. one side will have the stock oil pressure sending unit on it. other will tap into the stock pressure sending unit location.

i would highly recommend upgrading those stock greddy oil supply lines prior to installing the TT kit. those stock ones feel like crap. its an oil leak just waiting to happen.

anyways, just wanted to share with others since this would have been a nice thread for me to read a while ago. its a great way to have safe, reliable oil supply lines for around 100 bucks, including all hardware.
Old 05-07-2009, 02:48 PM
GTM
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad you got it sorted out Dean, GReddy still hasn't gotten back to me on your parts either but that is how they usually are with this kind of stuff.

-George
GT Motorsports
Old 05-07-2009, 03:03 PM
deanfootlong

no worries. thanks for the help anyways. only thing i need to sort out now is how to get the power steering attachment out of the way when i put the suction pipe on the passenger side. maybe it will fit somehow.... anyone have any suggestions? i dont have the one that greddy supplies with their tt kit. i was thinking about cutting it and rewelding it at an angle.
Old 05-07-2009, 03:09 PM
SmallTuner

nice job

oil flow gonna be much better with the new lines
Old 05-07-2009, 03:59 PM
deanfootlong

well i mostly did it to prevent possibly future oil leaks.

a general rule of thumb is that your oil line, at normal operating oil pressure, should flow about 1 quart per minute. too much oil can hurt your oil seals. im hoping -3 line shouldn't be overkill.

but thanks man!
Old 05-08-2009, 01:37 PM
rrmedicx

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Nice work. Kudos for the DIY. I took the lazy route and purchased upgraded lines thru FP.
Old 05-08-2009, 02:49 PM
superchargedg
Damn Noobs

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rrmedicx
Nice work. Kudos for the DIY. I took the lazy route and purchased upgraded lines thru FP.
So did i....lazy sometimes FTW.
Old 05-08-2009, 08:01 PM
chopperman

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Isnt the lazy way almost the same price as the DIY?
Old 05-08-2009, 10:26 PM
deanfootlong

depends. i bought all the fittings to not use the banjo bolts anymore and fittings off of the oil pressure sending unit for under 100. i think the lazy way is just the premade hoses but still uses the banjo bolts and supplied greddy oil unions.
Old 05-09-2009, 05:43 AM
QuadCam

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

good work!

I'm all about getting rid of banjo bolts! I know they work, but they always look like a leak waiting to happen.