Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Yet another Vortech Blown Thread .... possible solution inside

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2010, 10:02 PM
mazymus

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i wonder if the new v3 vortech blower suffers from the same issues.
Old 11-14-2010, 09:29 AM
binder

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by mazymus
i wonder if the new v3 vortech blower suffers from the same issues.
It's not a blower issue. The only difference in v2 to v3 is the lubrication system. One uses engine oil and the other uses it's own oil. Blowers are the same.
Old 11-14-2010, 10:27 AM
mazymus

Originally Posted by binder
It's not a blower issue. The only difference in v2 to v3 is the lubrication system. One uses engine oil and the other uses it's own oil. Blowers are the same.
that's what i meant to say but failed to communicate. since they are the same blowers but use different systems to supply oil to the blower, is the overall failure rate of the V3 system now less than the V2 since there inherently is less chance of oil supply issues to the blower w/ the V3? I'm hoping/assuming yes...

Last edited by mazymus; 11-14-2010 at 10:28 AM.
Old 11-14-2010, 09:34 PM
binder

Originally Posted by mazymus
that's what i meant to say but failed to communicate. since they are the same blowers but use different systems to supply oil to the blower, is the overall failure rate of the V3 system now less than the V2 since there inherently is less chance of oil supply issues to the blower w/ the V3? I'm hoping/assuming yes...
there never were issues with oil supply to the vortech. You pretty much have to screw something up bad to have an oil related issue. This isn't like an extreme temp journal turbo where oil is essential and it needs tons. These are bearings that run at a lot cooler temps and spin the gears inside of them. Look at the oil restrictor it comes with, when pressurized it injects a tiny amount of oil due to the extreme restriction.

Bearing failures on these aren't often and not known to be caused by oiling problems. Usually it's just a standard failure rate inherent in any bearing. It's not common compared to the number of units they sell in a year.
Old 11-15-2010, 12:04 AM
Andrei

Good info here. should post on g35driver.
Old 11-15-2010, 09:11 AM
jpc350

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by binder
there never were issues with oil supply to the vortech. You pretty much have to screw something up bad to have an oil related issue. This isn't like an extreme temp journal turbo where oil is essential and it needs tons. These are bearings that run at a lot cooler temps and spin the gears inside of them. Look at the oil restrictor it comes with, when pressurized it injects a tiny amount of oil due to the extreme restriction.

Bearing failures on these aren't often and not known to be caused by oiling problems. Usually it's just a standard failure rate inherent in any bearing. It's not common compared to the number of units they sell in a year.
The restrictor referred to is the mesh filter that should be cleaned every oil change as recommended by Vortech??
Old 11-15-2010, 06:00 PM
binder

Originally Posted by jpc350
The restrictor referred to is the mesh filter that should be cleaned every oil change as recommended by Vortech??
no, it's a brass (and now stainless) nozzle that screws into the v2's to reduce the amount of oil going to the blower.