Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Haltech racelogic

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2010, 12:34 PM
Row2K

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

Is it just me or does anyone else think that Osiris by Uprev and Racelogic traction control is a match made in heaven. It seems like such an elegant and uncluttered solution especially since Osiris uses high impedance injectors.
Old 02-05-2010, 12:40 PM
rcdash

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Row2K
Is it just me or does anyone else think that Osiris by Uprev and Racelogic traction control is a match made in heaven. It seems like such an elegant and uncluttered solution especially since Osiris uses high impedance injectors.
You mean the stock ECU uses high impedence injectors.

The fact is that most folks switch to low impedence to get the capacity and incremental performance benefit when moving past the 500 whp range. It's too bad racelogic isn't able to drive low impedence injectors that dominate the high horsepower builds and where traction control is most needed...
Old 02-05-2010, 03:55 PM
Row2K

Originally Posted by rcdash
You mean the stock ECU uses high impedence injectors.

The fact is that most folks switch to low impedence to get the capacity and incremental performance benefit when moving past the 500 whp range. It's too bad racelogic isn't able to drive low impedence injectors that dominate the high horsepower builds and where traction control is most needed...
yes, that's precisely what i mean, since Osiris is essentially just a re flash. Correctly if I'm wrong but from my understanding high impedance injectors are just as readily available as their low impedance counterparts, but low resistance ones are simply used more often due to most ems units relying on them.
Old 02-05-2010, 04:48 PM
str8dum1

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

no, large hi impedance injectors are not readily available. over ~800cc and you'll be hard pressed to find any.

any rational person would never consider a reflash tune for a setup needing that size injector anyhow.
Old 02-06-2010, 11:37 AM
Row2K

Originally Posted by str8dum1
any rational person would never consider a reflash tune for a setup needing that size injector anyhow.
You know, I really think that's up for a debate...one that actually has been brought up before and Ill stop here instead of trying to steal a thread. However as a side note I for one do believe reflashing can be the option even for high horsepower builds. Take for example Chebosto's 350z, probably one of the most known and recognizable Zs and its tuned via technosquare reflash. But anyhow to each his own, and it comes down to a matter of preference / your pocket / what the ultimate goal is / how competent your tuner is with the software and hardware, things that have been repeated numerous times before in numerous threads about EMS solutions so yea ...ill just stop here.
Old 02-06-2010, 01:01 PM
str8dum1

show me how a reflash deals with overboost and then you might have an point.
Old 02-06-2010, 03:39 PM
Row2K

Originally Posted by str8dum1
show me how a reflash deals with overboost and then you might have an point.
It doesn't have to, here is a stupendously simple solution to over-boosting:

http://www.nicoclub.com/articles.php?id=158778
Old 02-06-2010, 04:21 PM
XKR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that's all I am going to say
Old 02-06-2010, 08:04 PM
str8dum1

ya, like I said, if you need low impedance injectors you arent playing with a reflash.
Old 02-06-2010, 09:09 PM
rcdash

yes, that's precisely what i mean, since Osiris is essentially just a re flash. Correctly if I'm wrong but from my understanding high impedance injectors are just as readily available as their low impedance counterparts, but low resistance ones are simply used more often due to most ems units relying on them.
Correct, you're wrong!

High impedence injectors traditionally have a higher latency and lower capacity than peak and hold (low impedence injectors). It is much easier and cheaper for an EMS to simply drive high impedence injectors. With a bit more circuitry some of the higher end EMS systems can also drive peak and hold, low impedence injectors which offer lower latency and higher capacity (not the stock ECU unfortunately). Every EMS that can drive low impedence injectors for the Z/G can drive high impedence. The reverse is not true. The exception to the general rule separating low and high impedence injectors are the 1000cc and 2000cc high impedence injectors from Injector Dynamics, which are expensive and haven't been tried by too many folks yet.

Last edited by rcdash; 02-06-2010 at 09:11 PM.
Old 02-06-2010, 09:17 PM
rcdash

It doesn't have to, here is a stupendously simple solution to over-boosting:

http://www.nicoclub.com/articles.php?id=158778
Thanks for the article. Some form of overboost protection, whether it's fuel cut or spark cut (not if you have cats!), is well worth the investment. You can easily piece together functionality of a higher end EMS and jerry-rig it together if you are so inclined. Most of the folks that spend the money on a built motor and turbo kit soon realize that a standalone EMS with safety features built in is just pocket change - and the best bang for the buck at that. Taking a quote from GMAN, "this ain't your momma's civic!"

Last edited by rcdash; 02-06-2010 at 09:20 PM.
Old 02-07-2010, 01:14 PM
advancedme

Hey Guys

I feel a little clarification is needed here :-)

The racelogic unit (Pnp or otherwise) Has never been sold as compatible with low impedence injectors. The majority of cars I work with have low impedence injectors fitted with injector resistors and have no issue whatsover with running the Racelogic. The rest have high impedence and work fine also. (Before someone jumps on this thread, I am aware that its not ideal to run Low impedence injectors with resistors as it can give low duty cyle opening issues but as it saves my customers $100s and I have no complaints, this is how we do it. Our 7 second drag car obviously runs Peak and Hold driver)

Next thing.... The "you'll fry the Racelogic" statements :-) The drivers in the racelogic have "over current" protection (as do almost all ECUs) meaning they shut down when over heating and come back on a few moments later giving an erratic misfire. This usually leads me (And other competent tuners) down the investigative path that shows resistors are needed or a PnH driver. Worst cases the car will begin to run lean but obviously all you guys running boost have Widebands and EGTs yes????

After 10 years of using Racelogic and every kind of EMS available I have never fried an Injector driver (And many times I've been supplied cars missing resistors or having the wrong type of injector fitted)

Next clarification. Racelogic DO NOT SUPPLY OR SUPPORT THIS PRODUCT!!!! There are only 2 guys in Racelogic who even know about this for the 350Z! ;-) Because of the development I put into this you can only purchase the system through Advanced Motorsport & Engineering www.advancedme.co.uk If anybody would like to supply this unit through their shops or businesses please contact me at advancedme@gmail.com

Final clarification... This unit IS AWESOME (Maybe slightly biased as I created it for the 350Z) and on all of the cars we've fitted them to we've had 100% satisfaction (So far! ;-)

NA cars with 300bhp Love it as its not as intrusive as stock
Supercharged cars 400bhp + love it (Even with auto boxes!)
And our Mr420z customer with 760bhp thinks its the best thing he's spent his money on!

Any questions you have about the traction control we supply please ask!

Thanks for listening/reading!

Dan
Old 02-07-2010, 01:50 PM
Row2K

^--- good info, thanks
Old 02-07-2010, 04:41 PM
XKR

Dan... As I am the one that made the "Fry" comment ... I will respond. I had the Racelogic TC.... I ordered it from Woodhouse Viper.... I sent it back because I was told that if I hook it up to the injectors that I am using.. " it will Fry the system... And they would not cover it.

I also spoke to Racelogic... And they said the samething.... I am only repeating what was said to me. When this thread was started and the OP said that there is now a PNP version.... I called Racelogic again... They said they do not offer that and repeated the samething again.. That my injectors would damage the system...

We later found out that it was your company that offered the PNP... And that's why I contacted you.

So like I said before... I am only repeating what was said to me by Racelogic and one of their dealers here in the US.

Sharif has sent you an email... Not sure if you responded.

Last edited by XKR; 02-07-2010 at 04:45 PM.
Old 02-08-2010, 10:23 AM
advancedme

Hey XKR

Sorry if it seemed I was heading straight at you there! And I completely understand that Racelogic will have used the "fry" word. As with many businesses its better to completely cover your back than risk poor feedback at a later date.

Yes I replied to Sharif last week :-)

Thanks

Dan
Old 02-08-2010, 12:52 PM
XKR

Originally Posted by advancedme
Hey XKR

Sorry if it seemed I was heading straight at you there! And I completely understand that Racelogic will have used the "fry" word. As with many businesses its better to completely cover your back than risk poor feedback at a later date.

Yes I replied to Sharif last week :-)

Thanks

Dan
It's kool Dan... I just wanted you to know where I got that info from....I will speak to Sharif and see how we can get this thing to work.
Old 02-08-2010, 03:24 PM
ttg35fort
Professional

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by advancedme
Our 7 second drag car obviously runs Peak and Hold driver)
Dan, what Peak and Hold driver are you using? Price?

I am extremely interested in the RaceLogic TC unit, but I have HKS 1000cc low impedance injectors.
Old 02-09-2010, 02:41 PM
advancedme

We use the AEM Peak & Hold Driver in most cases. I won't put a price on here as our UK prices are probably 30-40% higher than what you guys pay over there! The Supra runs AEM EMS, AEM PnH & AEM Water Meth injection.

Only other Peak and Hold I've run has been the Motec unit.

We run the HKS 1000cc injectors on our Haltech'd 350Z with only injector resistors that cost $4 each (No PnH driver at all). The traction system has no issues with this set-up.

If you were to fit resistors into your system you would need a remap (Mostly at very light to medium load) to increase the duty cycle to allow for the lag time.

Which EMS are you using?
Old 03-02-2010, 12:12 PM
Faja

I'm upgrading my turbos from 530BB's to 700BB's (GT28RS) and I'm anticipating that I will have some serious traction problems as a result. I can probably work a lot of the wheelspin out with my Haltech, however, the RaceLogic unit seems like a much easier system to install/adjust.

Has anyone purchased and installed the PnP version of the RaceLogic TC on a 350Z/G35 yet? I've got RC 750cc injectors (saturated) so I should be in good shape I would think.

Thanks,
Todd -

Last edited by Faja; 03-02-2010 at 12:22 PM.
Old 03-02-2010, 12:24 PM
rcdash

The OP has - you may want to PM him.

Quick Reply: Haltech racelogic