Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

How much HP on Turbonetics kit have you seen?

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2009, 07:10 PM
JS04

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by doug
you bought Craig's old kit or did they fab up another one?
No not Craigs. I bought the one that the guy in M.D. had. Illbznu is his forum name.
Old 05-28-2009, 07:14 PM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by JS04
No not Craigs. I bought the one that the guy in M.D. had. Illbznu is his forum name.
oh ok
Old 05-29-2009, 04:56 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I met that guy JS

He made crap power with it and was very unhappy with it. I bought my DSS level 5's from him....if I was you I wouldnt even bother building on that setup man, truly is a waste of time and $$$
Old 05-29-2009, 08:07 AM
JS04

Originally Posted by Alberto
I met that guy JS

He made crap power with it and was very unhappy with it. I bought my DSS level 5's from him....if I was you I wouldnt even bother building on that setup man, truly is a waste of time and $$$
Yea, I'm gonna switch engine management and try to max out the kit. Whatever it makes is what it is. I already talked to my tuner on making a custom single after we are done with the TN kit.
Old 05-29-2009, 03:38 PM
zmedic16

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

there you go. but then again take everything with a grain of salt everyone has their own opinions on the kit. i myself have had not 1 issue with mynes. i had the chance to get a tial wastegate wit open dumps setup for free soooo no creepz for me. if u just want to make sure your motor isnt going to pieces and still run your 9-14psi then go ahead. if your building just for reliability like i am then do it. im pretty sure i can run 10-14psi all day on abuilt block and not hav to worry no near as much as bein stock. . turbonetics isnt the best kit like everyone mentioned but its capable for plenty of fun. enjoy
Old 05-29-2009, 11:44 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Even though the OP hasn't responded or posted again... If his username is any indication, he's looking to make 500whp. For that power goal, the PowerLab kit is the logical ST choice. The PowerLab kit will easily make 500whp on a built motor on pump gas without any modification to the kit and without meth injection. The same cannot be said for the Turbonetics kit.

I agree with Alberto. If the OP (or anyone else) is going to invest money to build their motor, they shouldn't waste their time with getting or keeping the Turbonetics kit. With 500+whp goals and a built motor, the TN kit itself becomes the limiting factor.

I also agree with 350 Rookie that the only real appeal or advantage anymore for the Turbonetics kit versus the other kits available on the market is it's low price.
Old 05-30-2009, 09:33 AM
JS04

Originally Posted by RudeG_v2.0
Even though the OP hasn't responded or posted again... If his username is any indication, he's looking to make 500whp. For that power goal, the PowerLab kit is the logical ST choice. The PowerLab kit will easily make 500whp on a built motor on pump gas without any modification to the kit and without meth injection. The same cannot be said for the Turbonetics kit.

I agree with Alberto. If the OP (or anyone else) is going to invest money to build their motor, they shouldn't waste their time with getting or keeping the Turbonetics kit. With 500+whp goals and a built motor, the TN kit itself becomes the limiting factor.

I also agree with 350 Rookie that the only real appeal or advantage anymore for the Turbonetics kit versus the other kits available on the market is it's low price.
True. I got this TN kit, (which it was already modded with a different turbo/downpipe/wastegate/) for a steal. I'm built, and shooting for 500hp. If it gets there cool, if it doesn't then no big deal. I haven't invested anymore money in the kit at all so its a lil bit different for me. I would not recommend doing this for people that have regular TN kits. Just go with the Powerlab kit.
Old 06-14-2009, 09:53 PM
nosurf2day

I am putting down 399.2 on a DD dyno. I cant say that I mind the TN kit, HOWEVER, I do plan to swap out to the PL kit.

When I bought the TN kit, the powerlab kit was not in production yet. I realized that the Wastgate sucked, the injectors were too small, and the BOV sucked. I immediately swapped out all of those for tial and 550cc injectors. I was running the UTEC but the damn ECU would always revert back to stock map or tried to and my damn car would detune the ECU map after about 2 months. In order to fix this I went with the FCON.

I will be selling my kit when I build my motor. I am hoping for mid to high 600's with the PL kit and some small mods. I am happy with what I have right now. But I do agree the kit could of used some more R&D. The intercooler piping WTF, why would you route it behind the rad to get heat soaked, and the turbine outlet not being 3" really limits you.

The PL kit is much better ST kit. And the reason I would go ST and not TT, I can install it myself and dont need to pull my motor. I save hella amonts of cash doing it myself. Honestly, that is the only reason.
Old 06-15-2009, 01:22 AM
zmedic16

+1. but i already have a built motor so the turbonetics is gonna rhyde till next year.
Originally Posted by nosurf2day
I am putting down 399.2 on a DD dyno. I cant say that I mind the TN kit, HOWEVER, I do plan to swap out to the PL kit.

When I bought the TN kit, the powerlab kit was not in production yet. I realized that the Wastgate sucked, the injectors were too small, and the BOV sucked. I immediately swapped out all of those for tial and 550cc injectors. I was running the UTEC but the damn ECU would always revert back to stock map or tried to and my damn car would detune the ECU map after about 2 months. In order to fix this I went with the FCON.

I will be selling my kit when I build my motor. I am hoping for mid to high 600's with the PL kit and some small mods. I am happy with what I have right now. But I do agree the kit could of used some more R&D. The intercooler piping WTF, why would you route it behind the rad to get heat soaked, and the turbine outlet not being 3" really limits you.

The PL kit is much better ST kit. And the reason I would go ST and not TT, I can install it myself and dont need to pull my motor. I save hella amonts of cash doing it myself. Honestly, that is the only reason.
Old 06-15-2009, 03:22 AM
athensgls
Banned

i got 530whp on 18psi on a mustang dyno at japtrix. So dynojet would have made a more generous #. However the real secret to the TN kit is the AIT so meth is what allowed me to make that power.
Old 06-15-2009, 03:23 AM
athensgls
Banned

at 18psi the turbo was maxed out and was only making like 10 or less hp/psi and just making a **** load of tq.
Old 06-15-2009, 08:44 AM
nosurf2day

wow 18psi on that turbine, Is that your DD? Those seals wont last long with that much pressure running through them on a continuous rate. Great HP though.