Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Z33Art V2.0 Custom Single Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2009 | 11:11 AM
str8dum1

they are pulling 921/641 at 48 psi with that turbo on a 2L EVO. 700 on a 3.5 will be a joke.
Old 07-13-2009 | 11:37 AM
plumpzz

Do you have equal length exhaust manifolds? Beautiful setup by the way.
Old 07-13-2009 | 11:40 AM
Quamen

Originally Posted by plumpzz
Do you have equal length exhaust manifolds? Beautiful setup by the way.
No. I made a compromise between log style and equal length. I have individual primaries that run into a very nice Cone Engineering Merge Collector. I also have bullet dividers to help counteract the unequal length problems by improving the laminar flow and merging of the exhaust gases entering the collector.
Old 07-13-2009 | 11:48 AM
QuadCam

I love it! Huge props on not going the "kit" route.

I have been thinking/planning a similar build to what you have done. my first step is too sell my Greddy kit and buy the Tig welder I really want.....but that is a topic for another day.

You have done a really nice job on this setup. This makes alot more sense than the blower setup you had. That was nice, but not really necessary for the power you were lookign for. This setup, on the other hand, will allow you to take you car to new HUGE levels!!! Again, congrats on some great work!!!
Old 07-13-2009 | 11:51 AM
GreenGoblin

I love the setup looks killer...
Old 07-13-2009 | 12:33 PM
IslandZavage

props... looks good
Old 07-13-2009 | 01:22 PM
Quamen

Originally Posted by QuadCam
I love it! Huge props on not going the "kit" route.

I have been thinking/planning a similar build to what you have done. my first step is too sell my Greddy kit and buy the Tig welder I really want.....but that is a topic for another day.

You have done a really nice job on this setup. This makes alot more sense than the blower setup you had. That was nice, but not really necessary for the power you were lookign for. This setup, on the other hand, will allow you to take you car to new HUGE levels!!! Again, congrats on some great work!!!
Thank you for the compliments. I have been working day and night to get this thing done right. The only thing left is to powder coat the last couple parts like the coolant catch can and the passenger side coolant pipe.

Then I have to clean the car and get some high quality pictures of it to post along with some numbers!
Old 07-13-2009 | 01:35 PM
BoostedProbe

That is an awesome build, very creative. It was probably more work moving all the crap out of the way than the actual turbo related build.

It is nice to see things like this. Most of the threads here titled "My build..." start with a parts list and end with: "I will be picking the car up from ........shop in a month".

Did you have any in progress pictures? I would love to see some more detailed pics.

Great work.
Old 07-13-2009 | 01:51 PM
Quamen

Originally Posted by BoostedProbe
That is an awesome build, very creative. It was probably more work moving all the crap out of the way than the actual turbo related build.

It is nice to see things like this. Most of the threads here titled "My build..." start with a parts list and end with: "I will be picking the car up from ........shop in a month".

Did you have any in progress pictures? I would love to see some more detailed pics.

Great work.
The link in my signature has more pictures which I didn't post.

It really wasn't too bad for me to move everything because if you look at the progression of the three builds, I remove a couple things each time. You get to a point where it doesn't really matter what has to move, you'll do it. I just like working on my car, hence why I have 8668 miles on the odometer
Old 07-15-2009 | 07:23 PM
Quamen

I was able to get out today with the car a bit and drive it. Still getting the air bubbles out of the cooling system which is always a pain. I managed to get a couple decent pulls in at only 25% throttle and it felt really good. You can really hear the turbo spool through this exhaust! Hoping to get some decent miles in on the motor this weekend and get some more tuning done. Still have some rough idle problems.

I have not been able to successfully do the idle air volume learning on my car for some reason. I can not seem to get the MIL to blink since it is always on when the key is in the ON position. Does anyone have some tips or insight as to what I may be doing wrong?
Old 07-15-2009 | 07:56 PM
Chef-J
Booooosstt!!
Premier Member

Did you set the clock next to you? It's good to watch clock during process. Btw, how i missed this thread...Awsome man
Old 07-15-2009 | 08:30 PM
boostedmaxima

Very nice, looking forward to dyno results and videos!!!
Old 07-16-2009 | 06:11 AM
str8dum1

that reset is the same steps as the generic ECM reset. Just unplug the battery. should do same thing.

other wise you know the step
key on
wait 5s
pump gas 5 times quickly
wait 10s
hold gas pedal down til the CEL light starts to blink (i find that is often more than 10s)

are you reflashed? The UTEC will have a hard time getting that minimum pulse right for a smooth idle. Well thats assuming you have at least 800cc injectors.

Originally Posted by Quamen
I was able to get out today with the car a bit and drive it. Still getting the air bubbles out of the cooling system which is always a pain. I managed to get a couple decent pulls in at only 25% throttle and it felt really good. You can really hear the turbo spool through this exhaust! Hoping to get some decent miles in on the motor this weekend and get some more tuning done. Still have some rough idle problems.

I have not been able to successfully do the idle air volume learning on my car for some reason. I can not seem to get the MIL to blink since it is always on when the key is in the ON position. Does anyone have some tips or insight as to what I may be doing wrong?
Old 07-16-2009 | 04:24 PM
Quamen

Originally Posted by str8dum1
that reset is the same steps as the generic ECM reset. Just unplug the battery. should do same thing.

other wise you know the step
key on
wait 5s
pump gas 5 times quickly
wait 10s
hold gas pedal down til the CEL light starts to blink (i find that is often more than 10s)

are you reflashed? The UTEC will have a hard time getting that minimum pulse right for a smooth idle. Well thats assuming you have at least 800cc injectors.

I have 650cc injectors. No reflash on top of the UTEC. I freaking hate the UTEC.
Old 07-16-2009 | 06:14 PM
str8dum1

ahh, then it shouldnt have a problem with idling. Whats your base fuel pressure?

I figured with such a big turbo you'd have a correspondingly big fuel system.
Old 07-16-2009 | 06:21 PM
Quamen

Originally Posted by str8dum1
ahh, then it shouldnt have a problem with idling. Whats your base fuel pressure?

I figured with such a big turbo you'd have a correspondingly big fuel system.
I wouldn't be using the UTEC then now would I

That is this winter that I will be upgrading the entire fuel system and ECU for much more than the 500whp that it is capable of now.

Base fuel pressure is at 52psi right now.
Old 07-16-2009 | 06:42 PM
IIQuickSilverII

sweet...then time to turn up the boost!!

i always keep up with your project(s)
Old 07-16-2009 | 08:14 PM
Chef-J
Booooosstt!!
Premier Member

damm man, could you post up some video when you get a chance?...i really want to hear sounds.
Old 07-16-2009 | 09:12 PM
Vas@Extended
Vendor - Former Vendor

Damn ryan, I didnt even know about this thread... that thing looks intense!!! cant wait for high boost!
Old 07-17-2009 | 03:56 AM
Quamen

I will have videos soon. I have to check some stuff. I'm am going to look at the plugs and see how they are. I am also considering that the crank angle, MAF or the throttle body could have been damaged since all my research has shown these three area to be problematic.

Hopefully this weekend I can get it running good and take some video. I only hit 2psi so far and it seems like it is going to be fast. As soon as I get into the 10% column though it is falling on its face in speed density mode. Not sure why. I think I may be running to rich but my wideband doesn't seem to show anything. I am going to data log it this weekend since I think the wideband gauge may not be displaying it before it stumbles.

Quick Reply: Z33Art V2.0 Custom Single Turbo