Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Another one bites the dust

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2009, 09:39 AM
TurboTim
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So lets have Ernie post up the receipt from the driver when it was dropped off. Lets see it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!No mileage listed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Why is that?????????????When it was dropped off here initially, there was mileage listed. But not when it was picked up from us and not when it was returned to him
????????????????And you think I am using the driver as a scapegoate? LOL!!!!!He is the ****ing culprit!!!!!!!!!!!!In fact,I will cal Ernie and give him a list of at least 10 customerrs in the last year who have transported there cars here to have major work done and received there cars in good working order when they were returned.So you want that list Ernie or what.Cause this whole thing is B*llshit!!!!!!!!!

So now lets get in to detail as it is obvious Speed Force Racing is the suspects here so apparently we are guilty till we prove ourselves innocent.America is great,I love it.So Ernie sent out a transmission to us to get checked otu becasue ti had been built by us years before and he bought it used.there was alot of pink fluid in the tranny so he sent it out for inspection.We foudn that the clutch packs were messed up and the torque convertor was toast.We rebuilt the transmission and gave him the rebuild at our current shop rate which is 20% off of retail.

So we sent him back the tranny and there was a problem.At that point he was sick of dealing weith it and had pulled the engine to remove the tranny the first time when we told him we can do it without pulling the tranny.So we agreed to have him send it here,he paid for freight,we ate labor,parts,etc......

So the car arrives here,we quickly seen that there were some things with the turbo install that we werent thriled about so we took it upon oursleves to recitfy those things free of charge.We also seen that the tranny cooler he used was completely in adequate and it was sititng behind the center of the fornt bumper with no airflow!!!!!!!We installed a humoungous cooler,free of charge.We pulled the tranny,inspected it and foudn the torque convertor(which is outsourced was the problem)So we put everyhitng back together.Ernie had requested that we attempt to re-tune his car but because of time frames getting messed up and him needing his car back,we were not able too.All we did was test drive the car.This is a normal oocurence here when we build a car or do mods to it it to test drive it.As a legitimate business in California we have the right to test drive a vehicle to ensure it is in proper working order.Ernies car drove good,no issues,no problems, no leaks and it was extremely fast.If it wasnt 100% it would not have left.And Enrie had asked us to test drive his car numerous times and the exact words were, "beat the crap out of it I dont want any problems".We dont beat the crap out of our cutomers cars but we do drive them and put them through thier paces to ensure there will not be issues or problems.We stuck to our standard practices on this one.

And then I am even going way beyond by offerign up customers phone numbers who have had their cars transported to use for engine build,turbo system,etc....so Ernie can talk to these guys first had and find out what there expereince was!!!!!!!!!!!! And lets not forgot we did not build the motor,we did not tune it,we just pulled a tranny and put it back in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So that is the deal.and if you noticed how many times I said free of charge,we should be getting a pat on the back,not crucified!!!!!!!!!!!!!! As a matter of fact, we have lost close to $2000 on this whole deal easily!!!! So now who is the bad shop here??????????????I guess it is stil us.Forget about being in business since 1997 which is alot longer then 99% of the shops on the board.Forget about having a stellar reputation on this site since it was started.lets forget everyhting and put the blame on SFR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by RudeG_v2.0
Ernie,

I'm bummed to hear that the worst case scenario is coming true with your car after the last time we spoke. I was worried this would be the case with the motor when you first informed me the car returned from ______ with major oil leakage that it didn't have before you shipped the car to them.

Folks... Ernie really is a "nice guy" in how he has been handling this ordeal with the shop involved prior to Johnny at JTran stepping up to the plate to help him. Ernie is being a gentlemen in this thread too and is being way more kind to the shop involved than I would be if I were in the same situation. I have been privy to the back story on all of this that started months ago. Ernie and I have kept in touch with each other about our projects since he first offered to help me get my auto trans out of SGP Racing last year when they weren't returning calls or E-mails. Like Ernie stated, he had his G shipped to this shop after his fully built auto trans was slipping (at only 500whp). There were no other issues with the car except high AIT's when Hal was doing the tune.

Without naming names, I'll say that the shop involved makes me . The owner of that shop quickly denied any knowledge or responsibility for the oil leakage and then immediately made the transport driver a scapegoat by insinuating that someone must have joy rided the car prior to delivery. Then it turns out that the scavenge pump installed on this turbo kit is a POS when Johnny inspects it.

I'm hoping the shop involved steps up and does the right thing. Otherwise, they are no better than RA/Scott Bush in my book and should immediately cease with the self righteous posts in the SGP and RA threads.

Last edited by TurboTim; 08-06-2009 at 09:54 AM.
Old 08-06-2009, 10:50 AM
escobar929

very sad to see this, this thread think just pushed me over the edge and give up on my car. ive been debating what to do all day and seeing this just makes me realize how fast our dreams can turn into nightmares.

it makes me sad i have to sell a car that ive loved like no other car before

OP, hope you work everything out man!
Old 08-06-2009, 11:01 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

nah.... pussification is the last thing you should learn from this threads
Old 08-06-2009, 11:16 AM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TurboTim
So lets have Ernie post up the receipt from the driver when it was dropped off. Lets see it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!No mileage listed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Why is that?????????????When it was dropped off here initially, there was mileage listed. But not when it was picked up from us and not when it was returned to him
????????????????And you think I am using the driver as a scapegoate? LOL!!!!!He is the ****ing culprit!!!!!!!!!!!!In fact,I will cal Ernie and give him a list of at least 10 customerrs in the last year who have transported there cars here to have major work done and received there cars in good working order when they were returned.So you want that list Ernie or what.Cause this whole thing is B*llshit!!!!!!!!!

So now lets get in to detail as it is obvious Speed Force Racing is the suspects here so apparently we are guilty till we prove ourselves innocent.America is great,I love it.So Ernie sent out a transmission to us to get checked otu becasue ti had been built by us years before and he bought it used.there was alot of pink fluid in the tranny so he sent it out for inspection.We foudn that the clutch packs were messed up and the torque convertor was toast.We rebuilt the transmission and gave him the rebuild at our current shop rate which is 20% off of retail.

So we sent him back the tranny and there was a problem.At that point he was sick of dealing weith it and had pulled the engine to remove the tranny the first time when we told him we can do it without pulling the tranny.So we agreed to have him send it here,he paid for freight,we ate labor,parts,etc......

So the car arrives here,we quickly seen that there were some things with the turbo install that we werent thriled about so we took it upon oursleves to recitfy those things free of charge.We also seen that the tranny cooler he used was completely in adequate and it was sititng behind the center of the fornt bumper with no airflow!!!!!!!We installed a humoungous cooler,free of charge.We pulled the tranny,inspected it and foudn the torque convertor(which is outsourced was the problem)So we put everyhitng back together.Ernie had requested that we attempt to re-tune his car but because of time frames getting messed up and him needing his car back,we were not able too.All we did was test drive the car.This is a normal oocurence here when we build a car or do mods to it it to test drive it.As a legitimate business in California we have the right to test drive a vehicle to ensure it is in proper working order.Ernies car drove good,no issues,no problems, no leaks and it was extremely fast.If it wasnt 100% it would not have left.And Enrie had asked us to test drive his car numerous times and the exact words were, "beat the crap out of it I dont want any problems".We dont beat the crap out of our cutomers cars but we do drive them and put them through thier paces to ensure there will not be issues or problems.We stuck to our standard practices on this one.

And then I am even going way beyond by offerign up customers phone numbers who have had their cars transported to use for engine build,turbo system,etc....so Ernie can talk to these guys first had and find out what there expereince was!!!!!!!!!!!! And lets not forgot we did not build the motor,we did not tune it,we just pulled a tranny and put it back in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So that is the deal.and if you noticed how many times I said free of charge,we should be getting a pat on the back,not crucified!!!!!!!!!!!!!! As a matter of fact, we have lost close to $2000 on this whole deal easily!!!! So now who is the bad shop here??????????????I guess it is stil us.Forget about being in business since 1997 which is alot longer then 99% of the shops on the board.Forget about having a stellar reputation on this site since it was started.lets forget everyhting and put the blame on SFR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wowwwww...

**cracks knuckles**

How about Ernie also posting up the E-mail he received from you suggesting that he call and use this tow company??? So you recommended this tow company to Ernie and he follows your suggestion... AND YOU STILL WANT TO WIPE YOUR HANDS OF THIS???

Per the tow driver... When he came to pick up Ernie's G at SFR, two SFR employees said, "God Damn! We're glad to get rid of this car!" What was that about???

Now onto the allegation that the car was joy rided prior to delivery...

First, let's review the major components and facts in this build:
  1. IPP built and assembled longblock (all Ernie had to do was bolt up the motor to the manifold and the trans)
  2. SFR twin turbo kit (installed per your instuctions via numerous contacts with Ernie when he was encountering fitment issues/problems with the kit) The install was subsequently checked by Hal of Injected Performance himself (who has prior experience with SFR kit) when he came out to tune the vehicle and he did not see any problems or concerns with Ernie's install.
  3. Haltech engine management tuned by Hal himself (experienced high AIT's and inability to make more than 500whp)
  4. A fully built SFR auto trans that you have been bragging about and claiming as the best 5AT trans build available. (Yet it couldn't hold 500whp)
Now... Even if somebody really did joy ride Ernie's G and beat the **** out of it prior to delivery as you allege... the car shouldn't have broke unless they were doing some Dukes of Hazard off-road action. The car with that setup should have withstood being ragged on all day long, especially since 2 of the car's 4 major build components are SFR product, right??? The car had no body damage or road rash and no indications that it had been high centered or taken off road. There were no scrapes or damage under the car to indicate that the scavenge pump was damaged from a direct impact.

Sooo... Do you stand behind your product or not??? I hope you are not insinuating that IPP built a crap motor or that Hal performed a crap tune.

Now onto your next statement that Ernie wanted you to tune the car... LMAO Ernie did not ask you to tune the car. Ernie informed you that Hal could not get more than 500whp on the dyno and was experiencing high AIT's. Again, this is not Hal's first rodeo with the SFR twin turbo kit. When Ernie informed you of this, your response was, "I'm sure I can get more power out of it if I put it on the dyno." Ernie accepted your challenge and told you to have at it if you thought you could do better.

Ernie sent the car to you to have the trans fixed. What was supposed to take a few weeks turned into 3 months. You told Ernie that you didn't get the car dynoed yet because you were waiting for a part for your dyno and that it would be another 2 weeks. You have access to local dynos that you used for years prior to your move. Why didn't you take the car there instead and get it dynoed for Ernie??? Ernie was tired of waiting and told you to just send the car back.

The car arrives leaking oil on the transport truck and then the driver proceeds to tell Ernie how relieved you guys indicated you were to get the car out of the shop.

In conclusion,

I see you throwing under the bus...
  • the transport company you recommended to the customer
  • the customer for an allegedly sh*tty install that was inspected by Hal of Injected Performance (a shop that is much more accomplished than yours)
  • the torque converter company that you outsource to for your trans builds
  • a build setup that cannot withstand an alleged joy ride even though 2 of the 4 major build components are SFR products
Sooo... Based on your post, I guess you're refusing to take responsibility and fail to stand behind your transport company or your products. And it looks like Ernie is left hanging with a broken car at his expense to fix due to events that were not his fault or responsibility.

BUYER BEWARE!!!

P.S.
I covered most of the info that Ernie has shared with me. But I await Ernie's response to you later today when he gets the time to pick apart your posts point by point. He didn't immediately call you out by name because he wanted to give you the chance to make things right and he also wanted to see if/how you would post in here. You FAILED with your response here. I hope you now decide to make things right, since you personally recommended this transport company to him. This is your chance to step up and prove how reputable and great you claim to be.

Last edited by RudeG_v2.0; 08-06-2009 at 12:06 PM.
Old 08-06-2009, 12:01 PM
niceguyyy01

????????????????And you think I am using the driver as a scapegoate? LOL!!!!!He is the ****ing culprit!!!!!!!!!!!!In fact,I will cal Ernie and give him a list of at least 10 customerrs in the last year who have transported there cars here to have major work done and received there cars in good working order when they were returned.So you want that list Ernie or what.Cause this whole thing is B*llshit!!!!!!!!! I dont need a list of customers to call, that has no relevance to this discussion.

So now lets get in to detail as it is obvious Speed Force Racing is the suspects here so apparently we are guilty till we prove ourselves innocent.America is great,I love it.So Ernie sent out a transmission to us to get checked otu becasue ti had been built by us years before and he bought it used.there was alot of pink fluid in the tranny so he sent it out for inspection.We foudn that the clutch packs were messed up and the torque convertor was toast.We rebuilt the transmission and gave him the rebuild at our current shop rate which is 20% off of retail.This is a correct statement, and I did appreciate the cooperation of standing behind your trans. I agree with this statement 100%.

So we sent him back the tranny and there was a problem.At that point he was sick of dealing weith it and had pulled the engine to remove the tranny the first time when we told him we can do it without pulling the tranny.So we agreed to have him send it here,he paid for freight,we ate labor,parts,etc......The original agreement was this: We would split shipping on the car and if you dyno'd the car I would pay for the return shipping, which was fine with me. Other than that, this is a correct paragraph. And again, I told Tim I appreciated him working with me on this as I had just spent several days re-installing a trans and converter that died in less than 4 miles.

So the car arrives here,we quickly seen that there were some things with the turbo install that we werent thriled about so we took it upon oursleves to recitfy those things free of charge.I told Tim that if he found something he did not like about the car, to fix it....but that I didn't think there was anything wrong, but I wanted him to have complete control of the project and fix whatever he deemed necessary so I would have a perfect car. I offered to pay for anything that he deemed necessary, but he insisted there was no charge.We also seen that the tranny cooler he used was completely in adequate and it was sititng behind the center of the fornt bumper with no airflow!!!!!!!This is a partially correct statement.... the cooler was mounted in what I thought was the only space for it to go. What is incorrect is HIS opinion that this cooler wasn't up to par... but like I said previously, he was in charge, so I told him get me the one you like install it and send me the bill.We installed a humoungous cooler,free of charge.This is a very INCORRECT statement... he charged me 300 bucks for the cooler and the install, but said if I covered shipping back that he'd call it even... shipping was 760 bucks back... not very even if you ask me.We pulled the tranny,inspected it and foudn the torque convertor(which is outsourced was the problem)So we put everyhitng back together.Ernie had requested that we attempt to re-tune his car but because of time frames getting messed up and him needing his car back,we were not able too.Again, partially true. Tim originally told me he would dyno the car and that certainly he could make a little more power now that the trans was fixed.... but after waiting almost 8 or 9 weeks, I needed my car back and said fine don't dyno it just test drive and send it back.All we did was test drive the car.This is a normal oocurence here when we build a car or do mods to it it to test drive it.As a legitimate business in California we have the right to test drive a vehicle to ensure it is in proper working order.Ernies car drove good,no issues,no problems, no leaks and it was extremely fast.If it wasnt 100% it would not have left.And Enrie had asked us to test drive his car numerous times and the exact words were, "beat the crap out of it I dont want any problems".We dont beat the crap out of our cutomers cars but we do drive them and put them through thier paces to ensure there will not be issues or problems.We stuck to our standard practices on this one.

So that is the deal.and if you noticed how many times I said free of charge,we should be getting a pat on the back,not crucified!!!!!!!!!!!!!! As a matter of fact, we have lost close to $2000 on this whole deal easily!!!! The only money lost out was on the labor and parts to fix the trans that broke the first day and the fittings and the bottom cap of the sump pump (maybe cost 100 bucks total) and that's it.So now who is the bad shop here??????????????I guess it is stil us.Forget about being in business since 1997 which is alot longer then 99% of the shops on the board.Forget about having a stellar reputation on this site since it was started.lets forget everyhting and put the blame on SFR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am not going to argue on the net. I have said my peace and it is done. I will call you this afternoon and see if we can come to an amicable resolution. I did not want to resort to a call out on the net, but I feel like I have no choice and I am not making accusations.... what I am saying is that my car came back broke PERIOD. I honestly don't know who broke it, but it is the shops responsibility until the keys are in my hand, and when the keys were placed in my hand it had severe oil leaks and motor damage.

I understand every shop, person, etc has problems.... that is a given when dealing with modified stuff, but it is how a shop or person handles the situation that makes them stand out in a crowd. No one will remember this issue 6 months from now, but what they will remember is how the situation was handled by all parties involved.
Old 08-06-2009, 12:12 PM
XKR

WOW.....I though when I was told Tim was involved...I thought it was going to be another joint involvement....and the pump was going to be Tim's only issue....WOW

I am sure that Tim will take care of this problem....Hal and Jtran knows this platform inside out....and well trusted in this community...If they inform Tim that its something that he did wrong.....I know Tim will step-up to the plate. He is on my list of Top-Shops...

Ernie....Please give Tim a chance to clear this problem up......Give Hal and JTran a chance to go oover the finding with Tim....I am sure this problem will work out as well as it did with Cass

Originally Posted by escobar929
very sad to see this, this thread think just pushed me over the edge and give up on my car. ive been debating what to do all day and seeing this just makes me realize how fast our dreams can turn into nightmares.

it makes me sad i have to sell a car that ive loved like no other car before

OP, hope you work everything out man!
Please dont jump ship.....this will work out for Ernie.....Like I have said many times....things can go wrong when building big power....its the shops actions when things go wrong that will make or break them.

I know the gang is upset now.....but I have faith in Tim...

Last edited by XKR; 08-06-2009 at 12:21 PM.
Old 08-06-2009, 12:21 PM
rcdash

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

Gentlemen, it seems to me that the damage has purportedly been caused by a 3rd party (maybe they just ran it with low oil). Isn't there insurance for this kind of thing? Can't you take it up with the transport agency? I would think both Ernie and Tim need to work together to be able to file a successful claim. I do think SFR should help with the claim, but there's a solid chance this isn't their fault, so I don't know that getting tempers out of control at this point is productive. It does sound like Tim went above and beyond to fix issues he didn't really have to (and free of charge at that).

EDIT: If the car was previously on the dyno with an inadequate transmission cooler, it could easily have failed because of that. Very few folks run trans temp gauges, so you'd have no way of knowing what kind of stress the clutch packs were being exposed to. Low fluid or high temp - 99 times out of 100...

Good luck to Tim and Ernie - hope you guys can sort it out and get the car fixed without expense to either of you if it's found the transport agency was truly at fault. I hope JTran is documenting everything with pics.

Last edited by rcdash; 08-06-2009 at 12:45 PM.
Old 08-06-2009, 12:39 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Originally Posted by rcdash
Gentlemen, it seems to me that the damage has purportedly been caused by a 3rd party. Isn't there insurance for this kind of thing? Can't you take it up with the transport agency? I would think both the OP and SFR need to work together to be able to file a successful claim. I do think SFR should help with the claim, but there's a solid chance this isn't their fault, so I don't know that getting tempers out of control at this point is productive. It does sound like Tim went above and beyond to fix issues he didn't really have to (and free of charge at that).
The transport company was recommended by Tim. IMO they essentially were a contractor/agent of SFR. The transport driver and his company deny Tim's allegations and Tim has not provided evidence to substantiate his allegations.

However, Ernie has independent witnesses who can substantiate the condition of his car prior to transport to SFR and it's condition upon receipt.

Last edited by RudeG_v2.0; 08-06-2009 at 12:45 PM.
Old 08-06-2009, 12:42 PM
rcdash

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

The transport company was recommended by Tim. IMO they essentially were a contractor/agent of SFR. The transport driver and his company deny Tim's allegations and Tim has not provided evidence to substantiate his allegations.

However, Ernie can substantiate the condition of his car prior to transport to SFR and it's condition upon receipt.
I see your point. Hopefully Ernie and Tim can find a way to build a case against them. I would just contact them and ask them the name of their insurance company and take it up with the insurance company. If Jtran can provide documentation and the shipping paperwork is missing the mileage (take a snapshot of the odometer, etc), I think the insurance company will pay.

Ernie, any signs of a damaged oil pan, damaged suspension, etc? Was the car low on oil on arrival? (sorry if I missed it - your documentation on arrival will be key)

Last edited by rcdash; 08-06-2009 at 12:50 PM.
Old 08-06-2009, 12:43 PM
Chef-J
Booooosstt!!

Originally Posted by niceguyyy01
I am not going to argue on the net. I have said my peace and it is done. I will call you this afternoon and see if we can come to an amicable resolution. I did not want to resort to a call out on the net, but I feel like I have no choice and I am not making accusations.... what I am saying is that my car came back broke PERIOD. I honestly don't know who broke it, but it is the shops responsibility until the keys are in my hand, and when the keys were placed in my hand it had severe oil leaks and motor damage.

I understand every shop, person, etc has problems.... that is a given when dealing with modified stuff, but it is how a shop or person handles the situation that makes them stand out in a crowd. No one will remember this issue 6 months from now, but what they will remember is how the situation was handled by all parties involved.

Agree on that.
Old 08-06-2009, 12:47 PM
TurboTim
Vendor - Former Vendor

Wowwwww...

**cracks knuckles**

How about Ernie also posting up the E-mail he received from you suggesting that he call and use this tow company??? So you recommended this tow company to Ernie and he follows your suggestion... AND YOU STILL WANT TO WIPE YOUR HANDS OF THIS???

Per the tow driver... When he came to pick up Ernie's G at SFR, two SFR employees said, "God Damn! We're glad to get rid of this car!" What was that about???

Now onto the allegation that the car was joy rided prior to delivery...

First, let's review the major components and facts in this build:
  1. IPP built and assembled longblock (all Ernie had to do was bolt up the motor to the manifold and the trans)
  2. SFR twin turbo kit (installed per your instuctions via numerous contacts with Ernie when he was encountering fitment issues/problems with the kit) The install was subsequently checked by Hal of Injected Performance himself (who has prior experience with SFR kit) when he came out to tune the vehicle and he did not see any problems or concerns with Ernie's install.
  3. Haltech engine management tuned by Hal himself (experienced high AIT's and inability to make more than 500whp)
  4. A fully built SFR auto trans that you have been bragging about and claiming as the best 5AT trans build available. (Yet it couldn't hold 500whp)
Now... Even if somebody really did joy ride Ernie's G and beat the **** out of it prior to delivery as you allege... the car shouldn't have broke unless they were doing some Dukes of Hazard off-road action. The car with that setup should have withstood being ragged on all day long, especially since 2 of the car's 4 major build components are SFR product, right??? The car had no body damage or road rash and no indications that it had been high centered or taken off road. There were no scrapes or damage under the car to indicate that the scavenge pump was damaged from a direct impact.

Sooo... Do you stand behind your product or not??? I hope you are not insinuating that IPP built a crap motor or that Hal performed a crap tune.

Now onto your next statement that Ernie wanted you to tune the car... LMAO Ernie did not ask you to tune the car. Ernie informed you that Hal could not get more than 500whp on the dyno and was experiencing high AIT's. Again, this is not Hal's first rodeo with the SFR twin turbo kit. When Ernie informed you of this, your response was, "I'm sure I can get more power out of it if I put it on the dyno." Ernie accepted your challenge and told you to have at it if you thought you could do better.

Ernie sent the car to you to have the trans fixed. What was supposed to take a few weeks turned into 3 months. You told Ernie that you didn't get the car dynoed yet because you were waiting for a part for your dyno and that it would be another 2 weeks. You have access to local dynos that you used for years prior to your move. Why didn't you take the car there instead and get it dynoed for Ernie??? Ernie was tired of waiting and told you to just send the car back.

The car arrives leaking oil on the transport truck and then the driver proceeds to tell Ernie how relieved you guys indicated you were to get the car out of the shop.

In conclusion,

I see you throwing under the bus...
  • the transport company you recommended to the customer
  • the customer for an allegedly sh*tty install that was inspected by Hal of Injected Performance (a shop that is much more accomplished than yours)
  • the torque converter company that you outsource to for your trans builds
  • a build setup that cannot withstand an alleged joy ride even though 2 of the 4 major build components are SFR products
Sooo... Based on your post, I guess you're refusing to take responsibility and fail to stand behind your transport company or your products. And it looks like Ernie is left hanging with a broken car at his expense to fix due to events that were not his fault or responsibility.

I covered most of the info that Ernie has shared with me. But I await Ernie's response to you later today when he gets the time to pick apart your posts point by point. He didn't immediately call you out by name because he wanted to give you the chance to make things right and he also wanted to see if/how you would post in here. You FAILED with your response here. I hope you now decide to make things right, since you personally recommended this transport company to him. This is your chance to step up and prove how reputable and great you claim to be.[/LEFT]

How quickly you will misconstrue things Eric.You have yet to respond about the driver failing to properly fil out the papaerwork with mileage when it was picked up from us and droped off to ernie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!SHOULD THIS BE BRUSHED UNDER THE RUG? DID IT NOT OCCUR? WHY ARE YOU DUCKING AND DODGING AROUND THIS? WHY HAS THIS NOT BEEN MENTIONED BY YOU????PLEASE EPLAIN IN GREAT DEATIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I AM WAITING

You have been doing this for years and I am not suRprised you are doing this now.First off we reccomended a shiping company TO Ernie.RECCOMEND IS THE KEY WORD.We dindt force him to use this company. Did we? Second thing is these companies use independant drivers to transport their customers cars so the guy who droped it off here was not the same person who picked it up!!!!!!!!!!!If this our fault.How am I to take responsibility for this???????Please explain in great detail.As far as the drive goes,his eyes lit up when he picked up this car from our shop.He knew what the car was and what it was capable of.This is the drive they sent out.Ernie MADE arrangement to have the car PICKED UP from our shop.WE DID NOT SO THIS SHOULD PUT YOUR STATEMENT ABOUT US TAKING RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE CAR CARRIER RIGHT off the table!!!!!!!!

AND WE DID TELL THE DRIVER WE WERE GLAD TO GET THIS CAR OUT OF OUR SHOP BECASUE A. IT HAD TAKEN LONGER THEN IT SHOULD HAVE B.WE LOST MONEY ON THE DEAL TRYING TO MAKE IT RIGHT AND C. ERNIE DESPERATELY NEED THE CAR AND D. WE NEEDED THE SPACE FOR OTHER CUSTOMERS CARS.

The car left with no drips or leaks anywhere!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!As a matter of fact I have some pictures of his car.I will pos thtem immediately

We didnt dyno Ernies car because we were inthe middle of moving and reorganinzing our shop,And it was going to be on my dime on top of that .And we are not in business to pvoide free services that were not required by us for the sake of it.So that is why the car was not dynoed by us.And it also limited our liability in case ,something happened and I am glad we didnt cause this whole thread would have been way worse then it is is we were actually dynoing the car and the engine grenaded!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"cracks knuckles" now onto the tranny.There was not problem with the tranny.IT WAS THE TORQUE CONVERTOR.WE HAVE ALREADY DETERMINED THIS AND FIXED IT FORE FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ERIC, YOU ARE TRYING TO BLAME US FOR THE ENGINE FAILING.How did me do that on a test drive?????????Please explain in detail??????????????????????

Ernis install was not sh*ity,he didnt wrapp some wires with heat wrap and his intake tubing was not done appropriately. His install had nothing to do with anything EXCEPT FOR THE USE ON A 1.25" X 6" X 8" TRANNY COOLER AND THAT HAD NO EFFECT ON ANYTHING EITHER.HE LUCKED OUT ON THAT..IS THAT CLEAR ENOUGH FOR YOU RUDE AS*?????????????

At no time did I say Injected built a bad motor or Hal has a poor tune.Never!!!!!!!!!!!!So quit putting words in my mouth and making statments I have not made.You are a liar!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and now you are slandering one of the forum sponsers with lies and blanket statements!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Plain and simple.

And another thing you have ducked and dogged is how we are responsible of the engine failure.Please explain that in great detail since oyu have skated right aroudn this.The only thing you have said is I am trying to pass blamce on this and that and I have admitted our faults.A bad torque convertor.What other faults is there of our Eric or anyone else.Please explain in great detail.

As fara sthe condition of Ernies car,the front bumper had a massive impact on it,there were the typical scratches and dings(on the paint and especially on the underside),the rear bumper look liked it had burnt from exahust.So I could easily see the initial inspection by Ernie to have not coaught the impact of the oil pump.How did that oil pump break Eric? Why would we send a car out of here with a broken pump when it is easy to fix? What reason would we have to make ourselves liable for a $29 piece when in fact we would have replaced it for free it if had been damaged while it was here.Please eplain our motives here,Please explain yourself and why you are ducking and doging around some of the valid points I brought up and why you are trying to drap Hla and IP into this like I am accusing them of any sort of wrong doing.I was stating simple facts.I wil state them again.WE DID NOT INSTALL THE TURBO SYSTEM,WE DID NOT BUILD THE ENGINE,WE DID NOT TUNE THE CAR,WE INREMOVED AND INSTALLED A TRANSMISSION.IF THERE IS INDEED STILL A PROBLEM WITH THE TRASNMISSION,WE WILL TAKE CARE OF IT FOR FREE OR REIMBURSE THE CUSTOMER.AND BTW,jTRAN JUST BOUGHT ONE OF OUR TRANSMISSIONS SO HE CAN GIVE YOU A FIRST HAND IMPRESSION OF IT WHEN HE RECIEVES IT ERIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!AND FINALLY eRIC,YOU ARE BARKING UP THE WRONG TREE MY FRIEND.I AM NOT RA SCOTT.I AM A LEGITIAMATE BUSINESS OWNER WITH THOUSANDS OF CUSTOMERS,WHO HAS BEEN RUNNING A BUSINESS ALOT LONGER THEN YOU HAVE BEEN INTO PERFORMANCE CARS.
Old 08-06-2009, 12:53 PM
TurboTim
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by rudeg_v2.0
the transport company was recommended by tim. Imo they essentially were a contractor/agent of sfr. The transport driver and his company deny tim's allegations and tim has not provided evidence to substantiate his allegations.

However, ernie has independent witnesses who can substantiate the condition of his car prior to transport to sfr and it's condition upon receipt.

reccomended eric!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!reccomended!!!!!!!!!!!!key words!!!!!!!and this was for the transport here.Ernie made the contact for the transport back wherre supposedly this incident has taken place.He chose to use the same company!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!How is it my responsbility????????????????????????????Ernie made the call to get the car picked up from us.Ernie made the arrangements.I also have at least 5 of my employees as witnesses and about 15 different people from the surrounding shops who can attest to me drivng this car on the street under full boost with no leaks,smoke or issues just a day before it was picked up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by TurboTim; 08-06-2009 at 12:55 PM.
Old 08-06-2009, 01:00 PM
TurboTim
Vendor - Former Vendor

And I wil state this one more time for everyone to see.If there is a problem with the tranny or TC,we wil take care of it or reimburse the customer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Plain and simple.I am not going to buy a new engine for him.That is ridiculous.That is compeltely proposterous to even think this?????????????????Now if someone can point out something to me which would show us liable for the engine damage,that that is a different story.But we did not ever touch this engine or the engine mangement system so I dont think of what anyone can provide that would make us liable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! As far as I am concerned,the engine,tranny and turbo system were working great when the car left and it was extremely fast for an automatic!

And for the record our state BAR# is 252507 so please check for yourself and see if we have ever had one complaint agaisnt us in 14 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Please,please,please check!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-06-2009, 01:17 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

REALITY CHECK:
I have supported you Tim for a long @ss time and referred many members in the San Diego area to go to SFR. As you know, I was interested in getting my auto trans fully built by you. But then my ongoing contact with Ernie and his experience with you and your product, made me change my mind. I still remained silent until Ernie decided to come forward. I do not take coming forward against you lightly. Ernie is my friend and I hate to see him get f*cked over.

Ernie really was a nice guy (pun intended) when you wanted him to pay for the return shipping and he agreed to pay for it. Let me make it clear... Ernie says that YOU wanted him to pay and arrange for return shipping!

The car was sent to you for a warranty issue on an SFR product that did not perform as advertised. He shouldn't have paid a dime for the shipping IMO. One could/should legitimately question the motives/reasons for you wanting the return shipping set up and paid by him to a transport company you "only recommended" given the condition of the car when it arrived back in Texas.

Lack of documentation of the tow mileage is concerning. I will agree to that. But that alone doesn't substantiate your claim that someone broke the car doing a joy ride.

You may not have touched the motor or the Haltech, but you did test drive the car and probably pushed it to verify that the trans was performing satisfactory. Also... Let's not forget that the initial inspection is showing a faulty scavenge pump on the SFR kit as a likely cause of oil starvation and resulting motor failure. Also, Ernie found loose connections on the scavenge pump when he received the car back from SFR. So, indications are that SFR has some liability in the the motor failure.

Like Ernie, I'm gonna choose not to argue any further directly with you back and forth. Ernie will vouch for and support everything I posted here. I am only relaying the information told to me directly by Ernie and giving my opinion about what I know.

Based on Ernie's experience with you, my opinion of you and SFR has been seriously sullied.

Last edited by RudeG_v2.0; 08-06-2009 at 01:51 PM.
Old 08-06-2009, 01:19 PM
TurboTim
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by niceguyyy01

How can I be responsible for a third party transport company that you ended up calling yourself for the return back to you?????????? How can I be responsible when they dropped off the car to you with no record of mileage and you did not ask about it???????????Please expalin.Also Ernie,We payed for($300 for just the cooler) and installed(labor of roughly $300-400) the trans cooler in leiu of payment for the return shipping.Remember our agreement????????And also Ernie,you are taking parts cost along and not conisideirng labor to remove and reinstal the trasnsmission.How long did it take oyu to remove it and reinstall it.There is where we lost money my friend.It was in labor,not neccessarily parts.Just to clarify

Last edited by TurboTim; 08-06-2009 at 01:26 PM.
Old 08-06-2009, 01:24 PM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

do you ever track the mileage of your customer cars when they drop it off and when they leave your shop?...i thought this was standard
Old 08-06-2009, 01:46 PM
XKR

Could Jtran or someone please explain the finding of why/how this motor was damaged IYO?

From what I have gathered so far.....its not the motor builders fault...I got that.

Please correct me if I am wrong...but is Jtran saying that its because of the pump failure that this happened to the motor??....

If thats not it....are we saying that it was a joy ride by a transporter that did this??

I get the part where Hal corrected Ernie's install and Jtran said that Ernie is in the clear...

So it looks like the issues happened between SFR and the Transporter....If this is the case Tim should help Ernie with the claim against the Transporters insurance....Was this truck a Driver/Owner operation??

When I have my car transported....both the truck driver and I inspect the car for damage, can the car start/drive, he check for leaks and mile. When the car arrives....the receiving party checks the car also.....thats a must....because if I show up and there is damage, extra miles, car wont start or leaks.....the shop owns that problem....

So what miles did the car have when Tim signed the discharge papers??? And what miles did the car have when it arrived??

Please clear this up for me???

Last edited by XKR; 08-06-2009 at 01:49 PM.
Old 08-06-2009, 02:35 PM
TurboTim
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by XKR
Could Jtran or someone please explain the finding of why/how this motor was damaged IYO?

From what I have gathered so far.....its not the motor builders fault...I got that.

Please correct me if I am wrong...but is Jtran saying that its because of the pump failure that this happened to the motor??....

If thats not it....are we saying that it was a joy ride by a transporter that did this??

I get the part where Hal corrected Ernie's install and Jtran said that Ernie is in the clear...

So it looks like the issues happened between SFR and the Transporter....If this is the case Tim should help Ernie with the claim against the Transporters insurance....Was this truck a Driver/Owner operation??

When I have my car transported....both the truck driver and I inspect the car for damage, can the car start/drive, he check for leaks and mile. When the car arrives....the receiving party checks the car also.....thats a must....because if I show up and there is damage, extra miles, car wont start or leaks.....the shop owns that problem....

So what miles did the car have when Tim signed the discharge papers??? And what miles did the car have when it arrived??

Please clear this up for me???

Mike I would be more then happy to help Ernie with this since I KNOW the transport company is at fault. However, I did not arrange the pick-up with the the transport at anytime.All I can provide is the mileage in which it came in with and the mileage in which it left with(yes it is standard practice to someone who asked about it).And then beyond that I can provide witnesses to the condition of this vehicle and witnesses to some of my roadtesting of said vehicle.

And I know this **** happens with transporters and tow truck drivers cause one of my friends is a two truck driver and he took a car off his truck to "test drive it"blew it up,put it on his truck and delivered it to the dealership.He got caught!!!LOL
Old 08-06-2009, 02:52 PM
Chef-J
Booooosstt!!

And I know this **** happens with transporters and tow truck drivers cause one of my friends is a two truck driver and he took a car off his truck to "test drive it"blew it up,put it on his truck and delivered it to the dealership.He got caught!!!LOL
Old 08-06-2009, 03:28 PM
phunk
CJ Motorsports

i haven't read the posts on this page because they are too long.

but anyway, i just wanted to step in and say that this all sounds ridiculous so far.

to point at a leaking turbo oil return pump as a cause of engine failure is kinda, ugh???? the oil return pump is on the low (more like NON) pressure side of the oil system. it can leak out every drop of oil that is put into it, and it will have no effect on the engines oil pressure until it has leaked so much that there is no oil left in the engine... which goes for any oil leak of course. you could run your turbo oil drains straight onto the ground and it wont hurt anything until you run out of oil in the pan.

Quick Reply: Another one bites the dust