Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Return Fuel System

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2009, 06:38 PM
stormcrow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris@FsP
son, i am dissappoint :/
i guess i accidentally the whole thing.
Old 10-18-2009, 06:39 PM
Chris@FsP
Vendor - Former Vendor

The whole thing?
Old 02-24-2010, 04:05 AM
maXmood
Under Boost!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sorry to bump a little old thread..

ppl are saying get RFS stage 0.. is there a stage 1? and how is it different than stage 0?

what are the best brands in the market for RFS?

thanks
Old 02-24-2010, 05:05 AM
xzotklr

Originally Posted by maXmood
sorry to bump a little old thread..

ppl are saying get RFS stage 0.. is there a stage 1? and how is it different than stage 0?

what are the best brands in the market for RFS?

thanks

Stage 0 ($500)
The AAM Spec Fuel Return System - Basic is a bolt-in kit and includes billet CNC'd adapters for the factory fuel rails, –AN stainless braided fuel lines and fittings from the factory fuel rail assembly to the pressure regulator and from the pressure regulator to the fuel tank (completely pre-assembled and pressure tested to greatly decrease installation time), boost referenced fuel pressure regulator, fuel pressure gauge, and a full set of instructions with pictures for a straight forward installation. A must for any high-horsepower 350Z and G35!

Stage 1 ($1,000)
Our bolt-in kit is a direct replacement and upgrade to the stock, factory fuel system. Included is a High Performance set of AAM Spec CNC Billet Aluminum Fuel Rails with a 500% flow improvement over stock, a complete set of –AN stainless steel lines and fittings, fully pre-assembled and pressure tested to greatly reduce installation time, a boost referenced fuel pressure regulator, and precision fuel pressure gauge. Together with a full set of instructions complete with detailed photos for an easy, straightforward installation. This kit is a must for any high-horsepower Nissan 350Z or Infinity G35!

Stage 2 ($1,200)

AAM MaxFlo Big Pump Upgrade .
This kit includes:
Bosch Race Fuel Pump
Aluminum Surge Tank
Billet Aluminum Bolt-in Chassis Brackets
Pre-assembled Braided Stainless Steel Fuel Lines with Anodized Fittings
Aerospace noise & vibration dampening
OEM Quality Electrical Components

Hope this helps!!!
Old 02-24-2010, 05:39 AM
maXmood
Under Boost!

^that's really good info on the packages, thanks!... but isn't that only for AAM stuff?

what's there besides AAM that's of a quality?
Old 02-24-2010, 06:08 AM
str8dum1

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

There is nothing special about any of the RFS kits. They all use pretty much the same rails, all use SS braided hoses that are lined, all use aeromotive FPR.

After going thru 3 fuel setups, the cheapest option is to just source the parts yourself and make your own lines. They way you can put the FPR anywhere you want it, get all the lengths just right and all the angles perfect.

It wont cost more if any in the end and you have exactly what you need. FOr even the same price you can step to to larger than the standard -8/-6 line and do -10/-8.

The only custom part you'd need is the blank basket FPR sold by CJM. or you can just hollow out the stock part. The rest is just off the shelf parts.
Old 02-24-2010, 06:48 AM
maXmood
Under Boost!

Originally Posted by str8dum1
There is nothing special about any of the RFS kits. They all use pretty much the same rails, all use SS braided hoses that are lined, all use aeromotive FPR.

After going thru 3 fuel setups, the cheapest option is to just source the parts yourself and make your own lines. They way you can put the FPR anywhere you want it, get all the lengths just right and all the angles perfect.

It wont cost more if any in the end and you have exactly what you need. FOr even the same price you can step to to larger than the standard -8/-6 line and do -10/-8.

The only custom part you'd need is the blank basket FPR sold by CJM. or you can just hollow out the stock part. The rest is just off the shelf parts.
Thanks for the input..

wish i knew how to custom-make one.

since they would all be the same in terms of quality, i guess going with the least expensive would be best.

thanks again
Old 02-24-2010, 08:09 AM
phunk
CJ Motorsports

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

http://cj-motorsports.com/catdes0.htm

least expensive option

there are several disadvantages to building your own kit, such has having to use twist on hose ends over rubber hose with SS braiding, which permeate fuel. Shop built Teflon lines are much higher quality.

Last edited by phunk; 02-24-2010 at 08:12 AM.
Old 02-24-2010, 08:18 AM
tiguy99

Thanks Charles. This thread answered a few questions I have about fuel return systems. I think I'm going to use one too
Old 02-24-2010, 08:33 AM
str8dum1

Grainger sells the full line of crimp on hose ends from Eaton....

All that said, I do have the CJM stage 3 and its top notch.

but the crazier your setup, the less a premade setup will work

Originally Posted by phunk
http://cj-motorsports.com/catdes0.htm

least expensive option

there are several disadvantages to building your own kit, such has having to use twist on hose ends over rubber hose with SS braiding, which permeate fuel. Shop built Teflon lines are much higher quality.
Old 02-24-2010, 11:11 AM
phunk
CJ Motorsports

you need a VERY expensive crimping machine to use those properly. 6+ grand
Old 02-24-2010, 11:22 AM
str8dum1

hmm i guess I've been taking my local Catepillar machine shop for granted
Old 02-24-2010, 12:06 PM
dikspiel
Chestons Toilet

Received 92 Likes on 72 Posts

I wouldn't bother with the AAM Stage 0...
Old 02-25-2010, 01:21 AM
maXmood
Under Boost!

^why?
Old 02-25-2010, 03:26 PM
midz350

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

GTM & CJM the only brands I would recommend. (I got GTM HR full RFS for less than $1k)
Old 03-16-2010, 10:33 AM
xzotklr

Originally Posted by maXmood
Thanks for the input..

wish i knew how to custom-make one.

since they would all be the same in terms of quality, i guess going with the least expensive would be best.

thanks again

Not quite accurate. The AAM Return Fuel System incorporate a surge tank, while the CJ-Motorsports version does not. I spoke to Charles @ CJM and he feels the surge tank has some disadvantages such as if a pump stops working you will not know until you go WOT then...boom!!

I'm going with the CJM stage 3 kit ( to be released soon) which will include the twin fuel pump set-up.
Old 03-16-2010, 12:33 PM
str8dum1

thats no different than one of your intank pumps taking a crap.
Old 03-16-2010, 01:00 PM
G35cTT

Before when there were not too many part options as today, my set up is kind of put together. Modded OEM fuel rail, not steel braid but a hard line I got from Earls that runs under the car, and a bunch of steel braid for the rest and a Sard FPR. But did buy the part that replaces the in tank plug so my gas gauge reads properly. I would of just got a kit and call it a day since it'll save you alot of time. So many part options now it's awesome
Old 03-16-2010, 05:02 PM
phunk
CJ Motorsports

Originally Posted by xzotklr
Not quite accurate. The AAM Return Fuel System incorporate a surge tank, while the CJ-Motorsports version does not. I spoke to Charles @ CJM and he feels the surge tank has some disadvantages such as if a pump stops working you will not know until you go WOT then...boom!!

I'm going with the CJM stage 3 kit ( to be released soon) which will include the twin fuel pump set-up.
Theres actually a few versions of both AAMs kits and our kits. AAMs typical RFS doesnt use a surge can, but they offer it in what I think is their Stage 2 kit.

Our Stage 1 kits are comparable, but for stage 2 we took very different routes... we just upgrade the hardpipe and every last bit of plumbing that the stage 1 ignores, while AAM goes to a surge can with a Bosch 044 pump. So ultimately you could compare the AAM and CJM Stage 1 kits.... but after that, CJM and AAM stage 2 and beyond have taken different routes.

I dont recall that particular conversatiion about the surge tanks... I may have said something along the lines that the primary intank pump could fail and leave the car running until the Bosch starves... but I dont remember... with any system, any pump failing could cause BOOM.... what I might have been talking about is going to twin pumps when they are not needed yet... the extra risk associated with twin fuel pumps is that the car will still run and operate fine up to 500-650rwhp with one of the pumps completely dead, and you wont know the difference until you surpass the working pumps flow and the engine leans out from the second pump not being there. That problem wouldnt exist with the AAM surge can setup because even tho they have 2 pumps, they are serving different purposes... and if one pump dies then the entire fuel system will go dead either immediately or within a minute or two, depending on which of the two pumps dies.

Our Stage 3 (Stage 2 + Twin Pump) kit is nearly complete, we are preparing the first one for a customer in Australia... I will have pics in my build thread soon since I am using my car to build it on.

Last edited by phunk; 03-16-2010 at 05:05 PM.
Old 03-16-2010, 06:11 PM
xzotklr

^^ What he said!! Glad you cleared that up; wouldn't want to spread misinformation.

Anyway it sounds better when you say it

Last edited by xzotklr; 03-16-2010 at 06:14 PM. Reason: add text