Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

No more forced induction for me....

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2009, 11:06 AM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree with go-fast. There has been and continues to be a double standard in how certain shops are treated on this forum. If everything the OP had stated was the same except that he went to RA or SGP, the "Recon Unit" would be all over it and this thread would have blown up to 15+ pages by now.

I said it in Alberto's thread and I'll say it again here... Unfortunately, the "VQ Bubble" shops have the political power and the largest fan base of members on this forum.

The shops with more accomplished and proven histories in the import tuner community that predate the VQ continue to break world records and get import magazine cover features. Yet the "Bubble Shops" dominate this site by flooding it with massive volumes of mediocrity with their marketing fluff and cookie cutter builds/installs that are nothing special to brag about.

Last edited by RudeG_v2.0; 11-05-2009 at 11:08 AM.
Old 11-05-2009, 11:20 AM
rcdash

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by go-fast
my references are to the way other shops are held to a standard that eludes gtm.if any other shop had the track record gtm does they would be run off the board.

i speak for many (like the op) who are too intimidated to point out problems with their build for fear of retribution.i see it,i call it.you have been around long enough to know my focus is not on gtm.....it's for anyone who hurts their customer.(anonymously makes this is possible without personal attack distractions)

if that makes me the bad guy,i'll accept it as a badge of honor.
It doesn't make you the bad guy, so no badge of honor for you! I agree with the sentiment that you are expressing, but I don't think you're in a position to judge.

GTM makes its share of mistakes. Sure, they've made a LOT of mistakes over the years. Why? Because they turn out a lot of cars! It's simple math. Despite the issues that pop up, they seem to "elude" the my350z lynch mob and you're complaining about it? You seem to be missing the part where the actually try to make things right and keep the customer happy. Do they succeed with every customer? Maybe not. How would I (or you) know?

You claim GTM's rep is what it is because of some grand cover up or favoritism? Why should we believe that it's some grand conspiracy theory? No question, many folks support GTM. They have a large happy customer base! So what was your point again?

Last edited by rcdash; 11-05-2009 at 11:23 AM.
Old 11-05-2009, 11:29 AM
rcdash

Originally Posted by RudeG_v2.0
I agree with go-fast. There has been and continues to be a double standard in how certain shops are treated on this forum. If everything the OP had stated was the same except that he went to RA or SGP, the "Recon Unit" would be all over it and this thread would have blown up to 15+ pages by now.
Apples and oranges comparison. You need to be able to tell the difference between RA, SGP, and GTM.

I said it in Alberto's thread and I'll say it again here... Unfortunately, the "VQ Bubble" shops have the political power and the largest fan base of members on this forum.
Ahem, largest fan base = largest happy customer base. Ok, I agree with you there.

The shops with more accomplished and proven histories in the import tuner community that predate the VQ continue to break world records and get import magazine cover features. Yet the "Bubble Shops" dominate this site by flooding it with massive volumes of mediocrity with their marketing fluff and cookie cutter builds/installs that are nothing special to brag about.
Bringing the world of FI to the common man! Following in the footsteps of Henry Ford! Right on!
Old 11-05-2009, 11:31 AM
rcdash

And for my last post and final trick, I am going to speculate that with Eric and Jorge supporting go-fast in the same thread, they both know exactly who he is and where he is based (AZ anyone?). Of course, we know both are also supporters of Intense Motorsports with both their builds there. I wonder who the machinist is for Intense motor builds. Am I getting close?

Last edited by rcdash; 11-05-2009 at 11:33 AM.
Old 11-05-2009, 11:40 AM
go-fast
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rcdash
It doesn't make you the bad guy, so no badge of honor for you!

bages,i don't need no stinkin bages

You claim GTM's rep is what it is because of some grand cover up or favoritism?
yes
Old 11-05-2009, 11:41 AM
rcdash

Well, ok then. Glad that's settled. LOL.
Old 11-05-2009, 11:43 AM
go-fast
Banned

And for my last post and final trick, I am going to speculate that with Eric and Jorge supporting go-fast in the same thread, they both know exactly who he is and where he is based (AZ anyone?). Of course, we know both are also supporters of Intense Motorsports with both their builds there. I wonder who the machinist is for Intense motor builds. Am I getting close?
they have no idea who i am.......and i am definitely not involved with intense in any way.
Old 11-05-2009, 11:45 AM
rcdash

Originally Posted by go-fast
they have no idea who i am.......and i am definitely not involved with intense in any way.
Well, d@mn it, can we play 20 questions then? I can skip the animal, vegetable or mineral question, right?
Old 11-05-2009, 11:45 AM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

It doesn't make you the bad guy, so no badge of honor for you! I agree with the sentiment that you are expressing, but I don't think you're in a position to judge.

GTM makes its share of mistakes. Sure, they've made a LOT of mistakes over the years. Why? Because they turn out a lot of cars! It's simple math. Despite the issues that pop up, they seem to "elude" the my350z lynch mob and you're complaining about it? You seem to be missing the part where the actually try to make things right and keep the customer happy. Do they succeed with every customer? Maybe not. How would I (or you) know?

You claim GTM's rep is what it is because of some grand cover up or favoritism? Why should we believe that it's some grand conspiracy theory? No question, many folks support GTM. They have a large happy customer base! So what was your point again?
C'mon Raj. You know as well as I do and the rest of the members who been around here for more than a few months and know the history in the FI forum... That GTM, Performance Factory, and __(fill in VQ Bubble Shop name here)__ have each had numerous negative publicity threads deleted and swept under the carpet by mods who were customers and/or open supporters of their shop. It's a fact that many vendors on here don't get the same level of staff protection.

Last edited by RudeG_v2.0; 11-05-2009 at 11:51 AM.
Old 11-05-2009, 11:50 AM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Did you get that trick from Lawchick? Cuz you couldn't be more wrong or off-base. LOL
Old 11-05-2009, 11:55 AM
rcdash

C'mon Raj. You know as well as I do and the rest of the members who been around here for more than a few months and know the history in the FI forum... That GTM, Performance Factory, and __(fill in VQ Bubble Shop name here)__ have each had numerous negative PR threads deleted and swept under the carpet by mods who were customers and/or open supporters of their shop. It's a fact that many vendors on here don't get the same level of staff protection.
I think sponsors should be able to have threads removed if the customer is satisfied with the resolution and agrees. It's between the shop and the customer. Asking for anything more is just playing favorites for YOUR favorite shop.

Besides, anyone can PM the more senior members and say xxx mod deleted my thread because yyy shop owner told them to. It'd be all over. Do you think any of us would try to hide it? I've talked with customers that are upset about one thing or another. Matters always get resolved with the good shops. That's been my experience to date.
Old 11-05-2009, 12:22 PM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

YES ILL BET YOU ON THAT....

but just so a public apology here... it would be too east and not right for me ..if i wanted to make it a money thing...
Obviously your "friend" is still making things up......so now go-fast is with intense because he just made a post that i support/agree???...

You know for how smart you portray to be, you "assumptions" now are going to make you look totally the opposite. But go ahead keep trying to push that fallacy that we are just bullies and and everybody else is innocent.

Last edited by IIQuickSilverII; 11-05-2009 at 12:37 PM.
Old 11-05-2009, 12:36 PM
rcdash

Originally Posted by IIQuickSilverII
YES ILL BET YOU ON THAT....

but just so a public apology here... it would be too east and not right for me ..if i wanted to make it a money thing...
Ovbiously your "friend" is still making things up......so now go-fast is with intense because he just made a post that i support/agree???...

You know for how smart you portrai to be, you "assumptions" now are going to make you look totally the opposite. But go ahead keep tryign to push that fallacity that we are jsut bullies and and everybody else is innocent.
You posting from a phone Jorge? Anyway, apology accepted.

...Just kidding around. I don't buy into the conspiracy theory, that's all. Don't take it personally. We can agree to disagree and be civil about it.

Last edited by rcdash; 11-05-2009 at 12:39 PM.
Old 11-05-2009, 12:45 PM
IIQuickSilverII

I think sponsors should be able to have threads removed if the customer is satisfied with the resolution and agrees. It's between the shop and the customer. Asking for anything more is just playing favorites for YOUR favorite shop.

Besides, anyone can PM the more senior members and say xxx mod deleted my thread because yyy shop owner told them to. It'd be all over. Do you think any of us would try to hide it? I've talked with customers that are upset about one thing or another. Matters always get resolved with the good shops. That's been my experience to date.
you ovbiously are kind off confusing your rational to maintain a status quo...
now WHY should a thread be deleted?
Hasnt the recon team paraded that this things sometime happen as a result of a shop being to busy to return comunication after a week, or in worst cases when after weeks/months a customer gets no where and makes his thread? hasnt the "recon team" paraded that good shops take care of customers in the end, and that such threads should show that?.
Ovbiously mods will policy it to avoid just slander vs a call out with verifiable evidence, but why delete such threads?....see you are just wanting to support a status quo and past actions on some thread to your friends.... You call out AAM, but not when its your group?. I agree with you that its best to settle things on PMs or outside the board, but that doesnt always happen.

IMO mods should not delete this threads(unless its fully trollistic) and when resolved the mods should clean them up, lock them, and edit the title and the 1st post with the information that the thread is resolved, parties reached agreement(or the shop is right/wrong or the customer is a douschebad). So customers can see when a shop is right, or when they admit mistakes, or jsut how they handle such situations cause you cant avoid them anyways. Of course on the editing title&1st-post we would need highly unbiased MODs, but we dont have that problem here, right?

Last edited by IIQuickSilverII; 11-05-2009 at 12:49 PM.
Old 11-05-2009, 12:57 PM
IIQuickSilverII

i am waiting for you to go 1st actually....
and ....excuse my spelling...but you are WAY OFF on you conspiracy theory on go-fast...it has been checked countless of times before since go-fast has gotten in trouble before. So you should just stop it and be glad you didnt actually go on a bet on that idea you have.

...Just kidding around. I don't buy into the conspiracy theory, that's all. Don't take it personally. We can agree to disagree and be civil about it.
what you said sounded more like imagining a conspiracy theory. I don't care if we just simply disagree on things, and agreed we should be civil. However I don't pretend where i stand though. I would appreciate it if you don't pretend when trying to sound unbiased and painting us as the bullies from az just cause we dont agree with your friends

Last edited by IIQuickSilverII; 11-05-2009 at 12:59 PM.
Old 11-05-2009, 02:08 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

O'RLY? Where was your civility when you attacked Darren recently in his thread after he exposed the shady and greedy business practices of someone you strongly support? You labeled Darren a bully even though Intense endured 3 years of ongoing unprevoked harassment from your buddy before they got fed up with his BS and decided to finally speak out. You owe Darren an apology. Now you are insinuating that someone who shares similar views as Jorge and I is affiliated with Intense, thereby attempting to marginalize and discredit his opinion. And you want us to be civil with you. LOL Kiss my ***.

Last edited by RudeG_v2.0; 11-05-2009 at 02:23 PM.
Old 11-05-2009, 03:29 PM
rcdash

O'RLY? Where was your civility when you attacked Darren recently in his thread after he exposed the shady and greedy business practices of someone you strongly support? You labeled Darren a bully even though Intense endured 3 years of ongoing unprevoked harassment from your buddy before they got fed up with his BS and decided to finally speak out. You owe Darren an apology. Now you are insinuating that someone who shares similar views as Jorge and I is affiliated with Intense, thereby attempting to marginalize and discredit his opinion. And you want us to be civil with you. LOL Kiss my ***.
Where was I not civil? I am always polite. I'm sorry the truth hurts your feelings sometimes. And do you really want to bring Darren into this? He dug his own coffin with that angry post of his. The hostility was out of line and he owes Tony an apology for alleging illegal activity in big, red, angry type. But that is really off topic now, so shall we not go there? I actually forgot about that thread - I need to find out what happened...

I don't have to discredit go-fast. He has no credit. We have no idea who he is, remember? For all we know, he is some 18 yr punk kid that works in some no name garage that competes with GTM. Anonymity works 2 ways.

The post guessing he was affiliated with Intense was just me having a little fun - don't take everything as a personal attack. I remember someone posting that he was some hot shot engine builder with some racing team on the east coast some time back. Again, no idea if it's true. No idea. All I know is that he has targeted Forged and GTM in the past and has supported Intense. Might just be his views are aligned with yours, Jorge's, and Darren's. What a coincidence.

You don't have to be civil with me. Your choice. Sounds like you need a hug though?

Last edited by rcdash; 11-05-2009 at 03:36 PM.
Old 11-05-2009, 03:35 PM
rcdash

Originally Posted by IIQuickSilverII
i am waiting for you to go 1st actually....
and ....excuse my spelling...but you are WAY OFF on you conspiracy theory on go-fast...it has been checked countless of times before since go-fast has gotten in trouble before. So you should just stop it and be glad you didnt actually go on a bet on that idea you have.

what you said sounded more like imagining a conspiracy theory. I don't care if we just simply disagree on things, and agreed we should be civil. However I don't pretend where i stand though. I would appreciate it if you don't pretend when trying to sound unbiased and painting us as the bullies from az just cause we dont agree with your friends
Umm, the conspiracy theory is what go-fast is alleging actually exists...

Let me clarify where I stand. I am the voice of all that is good in this world. I am the voice of reason. I am beyond reproach. Only I am worthy to judge others.

Of course that's not true. Everyone has a bias. Every person, every mod. I don't claim I am not biased. I have observed the behavior of many, many people over the years here at my350z and that leads me to respect some more than others. That is all. That's only natural though, right?
Old 11-05-2009, 05:16 PM
freezeg35

Well i do not harbour ill will toward gtm as sam may think, I just wanted to let the community know what happened and how i felt. Im happy the shop here got paid, I dont talk to them on a regular basis but I would say approx 6 months after they repaired the gtm work, they had not been paid, at least thats what the owner of the shop told me. As for the timeline I booked this with sam months in advance knowing when exactly I was driving down for a wedding. I dropped the car off the day I got there, leaving a full week of time to complete the job. I agree there was more work needed than I knew about, but Sam phoned me on my cell probably the second or third day he had the car and went over the extras with me. He told me these were optional things to fix, and gave me a price. I asked him at that time if I did proceed to fix the oil return line and powersteering line if he would have it done for me when promised, to which he replied "no problem". When the time came to check out of the hotel and go home I phoned him, told him I was on my way to pick up the car, at which time he told me he had to have one more day on the car as the tech that was working on the car broke his ankle, or something to that effect. As i had no choice, i booked one more night at the hotel and sucked it up.
I dont know how long it took to do the work I needed, and I dont know if my car sat at GTM for days before they started, but Sam was running out of time as he stated and was just finishing up tuning it on the dyno when I got there the morning of the extra day he asked for.
Again this isnt a bash on GTM just an unfortunate experience and series of events that could have turned out better for both parties.
Thanks all.
Old 11-05-2009, 05:37 PM
go-fast
Banned

I don't have to discredit go-fast. He has no credit. We have no idea who he is, remember? For all we know, he is some 18 yr punk kid that works in some no name garage that competes with GTM. Anonymity works 2 ways.

rude and quick have followed the same threads as me and have seen first hand what i speak of........that's why there posting here.i didn't pm or ask for input,they saw funny business and spoke up.

and should be commended for extending themselves.

btwy i have had far more positive things to say about sharif then negative,i just refuse to give a blank check because i liked the good.intense has recieved the least of my attention because they produce what they claim and make few mistakes.(that doesn't make me their machinist)

Quick Reply: No more forced induction for me....