Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

No more forced induction for me....

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2009, 11:21 AM
freezeg35

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No more forced induction for me....

Its been a interesting journey with my 03 g35. I started with the vortech and finished with the turbonetics kit. Knowing what i know now I should have just stayed with the vortech but hey i guess we all think the grass is greener right. I spent way too much money on this car, and the end result was not up to my expectations. I went as far as driving down from Vancouver to California to get GTM to do work on the car, what a disaster that was. Promised the car back in a certain amount of time, didnt happen. Once I got the car back and tuned, ran out of gas on the way home in the middle of nowhere on the freeway with wife and kids, not cool. Apparently gtm didnt correctly get the fuel gauge working after they worked on the car. All the way home the car stunk inside of fuel, the jwt fmu never worked right from the start, good thing i didnt smoke in the car on the way home. Didnt get my turbonetics injectors back from gtm as asked so when i got home i phoned them and the threw them in a box with no packing whatsoever and shipped them back to me with the o rings missing on half of them. I did get a local shop here to repace the jwt fmu for me once I got home, they were promised the would get paid by gtm for doing this, last I talked to the local shop they still were not paid, weak. So nice to finally have this behind me, really not impressed with the service GTM provided but i have put that behind me.
Thanks all for all the support in the past, i have moved on to nagtroc.org in support of my new gtr, im so happy.
Old 11-03-2009, 11:30 AM
CRIDDA

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry to hear about your troubles, good luck with the GTR(its a beast).
Old 11-03-2009, 11:31 AM
BornSlippyZ

That sucks...well at least your story ended well with a GT-R!!
Old 11-03-2009, 11:37 AM
djamps

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Sorry to hear about your bad string of luck. One thing I learned about FI is that how ever long you think it will take or how much it will cost, always add more LOL. Good luck with the GTR!
Old 11-03-2009, 12:29 PM
lgear080

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

NA 350z = no problems. FI = ?.

GTR = GREAT SUCCESS.
Old 11-03-2009, 01:14 PM
ADMAN

Received 101 Likes on 67 Posts

Congrats
Old 11-03-2009, 01:19 PM
danisr1
Sleeps in 350Z

Best of luck to you and your new GTR
Old 11-03-2009, 01:49 PM
De La Money

was it even fast when u got it tuned with either the vortech or turbonectics???
Old 11-03-2009, 04:22 PM
freezeg35

Thanks for all the kind words, i have no regrets on fi on the g35, just spent wayyyy too much money on it.
Peace.
Old 11-03-2009, 04:26 PM
duro78

Good thread it could help others make an informed decision down the road
Old 11-03-2009, 04:53 PM
ttg35fort
Professional

^^^^

Modding is not cheap. I've dropped enough cash in my build to outright pay for a GT-R, and even then I would have money left over.

But then again, if I had used that cash to buy a GT-R, I would not have been content leaving it stock, so I likely would have bought it, and still dropped just as much money into modifying it...

That's me, though.
Old 11-03-2009, 05:43 PM
UMW350Z

enjoy the R....that car has a SICK presence on the road. The power should keep you happy for a while
Old 11-03-2009, 06:38 PM
nismolife

Originally Posted by ttg35fort
^^^^

Modding is not cheap. I've dropped enough cash in my build to outright pay for a GT-R, and even then I would have money left over.

But then again, if I had used that cash to buy a GT-R, I would not have been content leaving it stock, so I likely would have bought it, and still dropped just as much money into modifying it...

That's me, though.
Those were my thoughts as well... hey have fun with the GT-R. And the title of this thread is all wrong - you are most definitely still FI
Old 11-03-2009, 07:17 PM
Sylvan Lake V35

Originally Posted by ttg35fort
^^^^

That's me, though.

Sounds like me and my thoughts exactly
Old 11-03-2009, 07:27 PM
Resmarted

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

GTR>all.
Now just get some bpu!
Old 11-03-2009, 07:43 PM
ttg35fort
Professional

A funny coincidence... I was just watching an episode of Top Gear I had recorded, and the GT-R beat the McClarren SLR, the Porche Carrera GT and the Lamborghini LP640 around the Top Gear test track, tying the Ferrari F430 Scuderia....
Old 11-03-2009, 08:17 PM
go-fast
Banned

a bunch of fluff posts.....time and again gtm has these negative feedback posts .....and nothing!where are the pitbulls around here?where is the objective policing?i don't care if you spent a wad with gtm,where is the outrage?hands down gtm has had the most negative threads around here (most scrubbed) and they still have no consiquence.

at the same time as this thread there is another and they have a blown tranny with 27k with all work done at their shop.over there it's......did you check your fluid dude?bull$h!t....that's what i say.

now here it's.....oh you got screwed?.....g/l with your gtr.

if any of you had a shred of credibility you would tear gtm a new a-hole.......but no.....just g/l with your gtr and see ya!

hands down gtm has had the most blown engines and customer woes,yet no sticky,no warnings,no nothing.they talk down the other vendors as inferior and "you get what you pay for",but since i've been here they have shown me nothing special to warrant their extravagant pricing.

newcomer shops stop by this platform on their way thru and put gtm's d!ck in the dirt with higher hp numbers and far better reliability,yet the swingers still won't let go of the sack.

let me ask you to ponder one thing before you dismiss my post......of all the shops on here who has cost customers the most money on re-do engines/builds?

the real scammers are smart enough not to be obvious.(re; gtm's warranty that they brag about...until there's a problem,then someone else is the cause... and warranty void!)there is a wolf among you and you just ignore it.

rant over,felt good
Old 11-03-2009, 08:45 PM
Goo$e
Banned

I'm in shock about the customer service you got from GTM. It's even hard to believe what you have even typed out about GTM. Every time I call them, they answer. If I got a problem or issue I want resolved they fix it. Any questions I ask they answer and no matter how many I got they answer.

Last edited by Goo$e; 11-03-2009 at 08:47 PM.
Old 11-03-2009, 08:46 PM
BriGuyMax
Turbo Whore

^^^^^ The last time I called out a shop (VRT 3 years ago) I got flamed to all hell and back.

I'll refrain from comment. There is plenty of evidence on here to let people know what kind of shop GTM is.
Old 11-03-2009, 08:47 PM
rcdash

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

^^ Well I'll take the bait. All shops are at the mercy of the techs working on the cars. One man at the head of the pecking order (Sam in this case) can only do so much and perhaps QC issues show up when volume outgrows personnel resources. It's a tough balance that all shops manage precariously, especially in this economy. Sam does back up his work - I know this from personal experience. It takes patience though. I knew going in (not being local) that issues, if they occur, might warrant delays. You've got to be prepared for that going in. The OP drove down from Vancouver with family in tow to drive the car back? No way on earth would I do that. Not only do I have AAA, but whenever I've gone down to Forged, I take 2-3 days off to go down and test drive the car and give them time to get the kinks out before I drive it back. If I have to get towed and get a rental - that's a couple hundred bucks that I may or may not get compensated for. You know, it was part of my budget (that thankfully I personally didn't have to resort to). This is just part of this game called aftermarket FI.

Am I letting GTM off easy? No. They should take care of this customer - every customer. In this case, the OP has moved on to a factory turbo car. To say that this community turns a blind eye to this because GTM is involved isn't really fair. This thread wasn't about the OP trying to get the help of the community to deal with an issue. I would hope that we would help anyone in need. The fact is that GTM does try to make things right. That's why they have the reputation that they do.

Quick Reply: No more forced induction for me....