Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

vortech problem..

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2009, 04:56 AM
max-hid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default vortech problem..

Yesterday when i was driving my z when i was stopped and beging releasing the clutch and the car was at very low rpm the vortech beging to sounf like something was grinding...when i realease the cluch at more hi rpm they didnt do it...when i got to my house i brake te car in 1 gear and was slowly releasing the clutch and then when i was low rpm it do the gringsound again and broke the cog belt...that can be a bearing problem that i have?? i didnt want to put another cog belt that i have because i dont want it get worse...i like in dominican republic and is dificult for me send it to vortech..im thinking in buing the rebuild kit in www.superchargerrebuild.com...please give me advise here no one know about this supercharger..
Old 11-07-2009, 04:46 PM
whoojong

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by max-hid
Yesterday when i was driving my z when i was stopped and beging releasing the clutch and the car was at very low rpm the vortech beging to sounf like something was grinding...when i realease the cluch at more hi rpm they didnt do it...when i got to my house i brake te car in 1 gear and was slowly releasing the clutch and then when i was low rpm it do the gringsound again and broke the cog belt...that can be a bearing problem that i have?? i didnt want to put another cog belt that i have because i dont want it get worse...i like in dominican republic and is dificult for me send it to vortech..im thinking in buing the rebuild kit in www.superchargerrebuild.com...please give me advise here no one know about this supercharger..
Sounds like the bearings seized up. Either that or the Jack shaft got bent. The rebuild kit is a good place to start.