Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?
View Poll Results: Which EMS are you using for your FI application?
Haltec
63.16%
Pro-Efi
36.84%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Haltec V.S Pro-efi

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2009, 06:38 PM
1ZweetZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rcdash
Having DBW I think would be helpful to have in the EMS for idle stability (without having to do copy through for timing) and for not having to employ work arounds for the VDC cutting in with traction control (tied into the brake lamp signal, yaw sensor, etc) when on the track.

On the other hand, I like having the stock VDC and the TCS active while daily driving, so I don't know how much DBW really is helpful for a street car where you might want to have the safety features on most of the time. It is nice to be able to turn VDC/TCS completely off, but that requires intercepting the brake signal going to the ECU and cutting power to the yaw sensor (not a huge deal now that I've done it and it's accessible via a single switch but it was a PITA digging out the wires).
The ProEFI has traction control on the 128 which you could set up to be operative. Most all the cars I have owned haven't had any stability control, I just kind of learned how to drive them. You don't need VDC, that's for people who don't know how to drive!
Old 03-22-2010, 03:28 AM
MR RIZK

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Has the issue with the CEL light triggering when the ProEFI controls the DBW been resolved.

Also does anyone know what the ProEFI can control or use out of the stock harness. ie:
  • To control the thermo fans does it need to use a hardwired output or can it send a CAN signal to turn it on.
  • To use launch control can it use the OEM clutch switch via the factory harness or do u need to wire in a microswitch on the pedal
  • Why is the harness not supported on the 03/04 G Sedan
  • and so on

Anyone have link to the software as it is not listed on their website anymore
Old 03-22-2010, 05:27 AM
SoundPerformance
Sponsor
Sound Performance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MR RIZK
Has the issue with the CEL light triggering when the ProEFI controls the DBW been resolved.

Also does anyone know what the ProEFI can control or use out of the stock harness. ie:
  • To control the thermo fans does it need to use a hardwired output or can it send a CAN signal to turn it on.
  • To use launch control can it use the OEM clutch switch via the factory harness or do u need to wire in a microswitch on the pedal
  • Why is the harness not supported on the 03/04 G Sedan
  • and so on

Anyone have link to the software as it is not listed on their website anymore

If you have control of the DBW with the 128 box, you might as well let the ProEFI also control the CEL. That way if you any problems, it comes on and you know it rather than trying to trick the factory computer into thinking everything is ok.

I hardwire the fans.

The factory switch will work on the clutch pedal but it is at the top of the pedal travel and should be at the bottom!!

The 03-04 G35 sedan uses a different plug connector on the ECU that is not available in the aftermarket world. I just hardwire those cars.
Old 02-09-2015, 10:40 PM
R0gerdatt

Can we bump this thread after 5 years? Any new forum members have experience with the Pro-efi..especially 48. Are all the people running the same 48 out of the two versions (701) vs (705). Would love to hear additional latest review, especially from Sound Performance and Z1 Performance.
Old 02-09-2015, 11:35 PM
Resmarted

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by R0gerdatt
Can we bump this thread after 5 years? Any new forum members have experience with the Pro-efi..especially 48. Are all the people running the same 48 out of the two versions (701) vs (705). Would love to hear additional latest review, especially from Sound Performance and Z1 Performance.
Here's the dish. Haltech red boxes are so cheap and widely used it's a great deal.

Pro EFI... Well... LOL
Old 02-09-2015, 11:50 PM
R0gerdatt

Thanks for the reply, but i think i may have found the answer I was looking for. My questions wasn't Haltech vs Pro EFI (although this is a haltech vs pro efi thread). I was mainly trying to see what 48 fellow forum members and tuners were running. I have my mind set on a pro efi 48. After a little more researching, I believe everyone that is running the 48 in their Z's/G's is running the 705 ecu...am i correct in assuming so?
Old 02-10-2015, 12:26 AM
Resmarted

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

Thanks for the reply, but i think i may have found the answer I was looking for. My questions wasn't Haltech vs Pro EFI (although this is a haltech vs pro efi thread). I was mainly trying to see what 48 fellow forum members and tuners were running. I have my mind set on a pro efi 48. After a little more researching, I believe everyone that is running the 48 in their Z's/G's is running the 705 ecu...am i correct in assuming so?
I wouldn't be able to tell you for sure. I would recommend contacting Str8dum1 on here (as he has pro efi) and calling Sound Performance. There are a few other shops that install pro efi, but they don't come to mind. I'd imagine though that most of the guys who have Pro Efi went through SP to get it.
Old 02-10-2015, 05:05 AM
WTFMike

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

My 48 is the 705. And I believe thatv35guy's is a 705.

I love mine. Flex-fuel, boost by speed, rolling anti-lag etc. It's also convenient that Pro-EFI is ~4 miles from my house.
Old 02-10-2015, 05:59 AM
R0gerdatt

Originally Posted by WTFMike
My 48 is the 705. And I believe thatv35guy's is a 705.

I love mine. Flex-fuel, boost by speed, rolling anti-lag etc. It's also convenient that Pro-EFI is ~4 miles from my house.
That's wtfmike, this is exactly the input I wanted to hear. I just brought a pro efi harness for the z/g yesterday that's already had the additional wiring already done like the map, CAN, boost, fuel, O2, etc..wired in by pro efi themselves.
As far as pro efi support and talking to a tuner...alpha @ induction performance will be my tuner. I emailed him the day before last with no response yet,
Which is completely understandable because I know he is very very busy at the shop and probably hasn't had the time
to get back to the email.
Old 02-10-2015, 06:22 AM
thatv35guy

Received 59 Likes on 47 Posts

I’ve had my ProEFI for about five years now and I love it, once its setup the flex fuel functionality and traction control can’t be beat… and if Alpha’s your tuner you’re in good shape, heard a lot of good things about him (Jason/ProEFI tuned my car).
Old 02-10-2015, 08:37 AM
R0gerdatt

ThatV35guy,Yea those 2 reasons are the main reason I'm going pro efi. Can you confirm If you have the 705? If you do, I would only assume the 705 is best suited for the vq motors, especially if the guy I brought it the harness from had a 705. What firmware are you on?

Originally Posted by thatv35guy
I’ve had my ProEFI for about five years now and I love it, once its setup the flex fuel functionality and traction control can’t be beat… and if Alpha’s your tuner you’re in good shape, heard a lot of good things about him (Jason/ProEFI tuned my car).
Old 02-10-2015, 09:38 AM
thatv35guy

Received 59 Likes on 47 Posts

ThatV35guy,Yea those 2 reasons are the main reason I'm going pro efi. Can you confirm If you have the 705? If you do, I would only assume the 705 is best suited for the vq motors, especially if the guy I brought it the harness from had a 705. What firmware are you on?
Yeah, I believe I'm running a 705 as well (I didn't actually know there was a difference, I bought my setup as a complete bundle from ProEFI). I'm on version 4 now, had my car re-tuned a few months ago for the new fuel system and made the switch then.
Old 02-10-2015, 02:00 PM
WTFMike

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by thatv35guy
Yeah, I believe I'm running a 705 as well (I didn't actually know there was a difference, I bought my setup as a complete bundle from ProEFI). I'm on version 4 now, had my car re-tuned a few months ago for the new fuel system and made the switch then.
Honestly, I'm not sure what the difference between the two are either.
Old 02-12-2015, 09:06 AM
str8dum1

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ive been on the 128 box for about 4 yrs now.

the 701 has less PWM outputs compared to the 705.

the 48 box is pretty limited compared to the 128, obviously because it has 80 less pins. Most of the stuff I run doesnt really need to be hooked up in a basic build.

Alpha should be traveling to NC this summer, dunno if hes going to TN. Remember, he locks his tunes, so you cant make any changes or even look at the file....

but here are a few differences between the 48 and 128...
only 3 injector outputs, so you have to run batch injection not sequential. Only 1 cam input and VVT output, so your 2 cams and VVT are bridged.

no onboard wideband controller
no digital input for ethanol sensor, so have to buy convertor box
not enough input for extra sensors like oil temp, radiator pressure, nitrous, etc.
Old 02-16-2015, 02:55 PM
R0gerdatt

Thanks for the response. Alpha comes to TN often, we actually have him coming again here In the end of March/early April