Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?
View Poll Results: Which EMS are you using for your FI application?
Haltec
63.16%
Pro-Efi
36.84%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Haltec V.S Pro-efi

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2009, 06:51 AM
SoundPerformance
Sponsor
Sound Performance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RudeG_v2.0
That's a "dum" question. Why is it so hard to believe? I know of at least a dozen ProEFI installs at Intense alone.

I know that I have sold over 75 systems.... between supras, IS300s, VQs, scions, mustangs, LS1, even a few Lexus V8s. Just not everyone is a member of forums!
Old 11-23-2009, 07:04 AM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SoundPerformance
I know that I have sold over 75 systems.... between supras, IS300s, VQs, scions, mustangs, LS1, even a few Lexus V8s. Just not everyone is a member of forums!
Conversely, I have seen a hell of a lot more than 21 guys on this forum who have Haltech. So it doesn't make sense to single out the ProEFI poll number. WTF
Old 11-23-2009, 11:01 AM
SoundPerformance
Sponsor
Sound Performance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RudeG_v2.0
Conversely, I have seen a hell of a lot more than 21 guys on this forum who have Haltech. So it doesn't make sense to single out the ProEFI poll number. WTF

Exactly! There are so many people out there that simply dont belong to any forums!!
Old 11-23-2009, 11:31 AM
str8dum1

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

WTF are you guys talking about.
I specifically said
Originally Posted by str8dum1
i'm wondering how there are 15 people that voted for the ProEFI? Are there actually 15 people on this forum that have used a ProEFI?
On this forum!
stop selectively reading every post!

Like I said, how can 15 people vote for ProEFI, if they have never used it? There are that many Haltech users, so I'm not singling anyone out as its quite believeable that 21 ppl own haltechs. The poll is for people that use the EMS and the reasoning why they chose the EMS they did.

Of course I know alot of tuners are not on this forum. I'm glad Rude and SP were here to mention that! Very helpful.. The forum's experience is only as deep as its members. So who cares if lots of people own something if they do not contribute? They do nothing to increase the knowledge of the forum.

Thats awesome if Intense has installed over a dozen of these on VQ's.

Since SP and Intense both have extensive # of installs/tunes of the ProEFI on VQs, could you guys post a video of the gear based boost and traction control in use on a VQ? That is such a cool feature!!

Last edited by str8dum1; 11-23-2009 at 12:07 PM.
Old 11-23-2009, 12:31 PM
INTENSEPOWER
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

... could you guys post a video of the gear based boost and traction control in use on a VQ? That is such a cool feature!!
Doesn't Haltech have this?

I haven't seen anywhere near the 21 Haltech peeps post in this thread either. Weird.

Darren
Old 11-23-2009, 12:38 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

WTF are you guys talking about.
I specifically said

On this forum!
stop selectively reading every post!

Like I said, how can 15 people vote for ProEFI, if they have never used it? There are that many Haltech users, so I'm not singling anyone out as its quite believeable that 21 ppl own haltechs. The poll is for people that use the EMS and the reasoning why they chose the EMS they did.

Of course I know alot of tuners are not on this forum. I'm glad Rude and SP were here to mention that! Very helpful.. The forum's experience is only as deep as its members. So who cares if lots of people own something if they do not contribute? They do nothing to increase the knowledge of the forum.

Thats awesome if Intense has installed over a dozen of these on VQ's.

Since SP and Intense both have extensive # of installs/tunes of the ProEFI on VQs, could you guys post a video of the gear based boost and traction control in use on a VQ? That is such a cool feature!!
Ummm... I directly criticized your moronic and biased question. ROFL that you think it's not possible or that it's suspicious that 15 people have actually had ProEFI installed within the past year + on the largest Z/G forum in the world!
Old 11-23-2009, 01:03 PM
str8dum1

HAHA

Thanks Rude, again, you dodge the question with some made up agenda. You cant even criticize my question bc you couldnt even read my question correctly.

I am not suspicious. If there are that many ProEFi users on here, please contribute. More EMS choices are the best for everyone.
Old 11-23-2009, 02:32 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

I haven't dodged anything. I think it's funny that you wonder "how there are 15 people that voted for ProEFI?" and "Are there actually 15 people on this forum who have used a ProEFI?" and not also wonder why only 21 people have voted thus far for Haltech when we know that there are many more forum members than that who have Haltech. These poll numbers are meaningless at this point and it's foolish to focus on them.
Originally Posted by INTENSEPOWER
Doesn't Haltech have this?

I haven't seen anywhere near the 21 Haltech peeps post in this thread either. Weird.

Darren
Exactly! Just like we haven't seen all 15 ProEFI voters post their experiences, we haven't seen that many Haltech voters "contribute" to this thread either. Instead, we have seen two guys with Haltech repeatedly make posts that continue to focus, jab, and grasp straws at the competitor's EMS/company instead of "contributing" to this thread by simply sharing their own experiences and opinions about their own EMS. It's blatantly obvious.
Old 11-23-2009, 02:44 PM
rcdash

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

RudeG, you can present your views without the personal attacks. Respect and courtesy go a long way. Use of the term "moronic" and the "STFU" icon are unnecessary and inflammatory. Why do you get so upset with a simple question regarding the poll? ProEFI is not a competitor for me and you have no vested interest in ProEFI either. I have presented my concerns for the Haltech and ProEFI both in this thread. Some misconceptions have been clarified. So relax.

I will agree the poll is not that useful as just about anyone can vote whether they have the EMS or not. It would have been more interesting to see who voted for what and to have folks post along with their poll to identify likes/dislikes. I'm not sure if a mod can convert the poll into a named one... I think it would be great to identify those users that have a solid understanding of their aftermarket EMS and want to network. This type of thread could have turned out that way...

Last edited by rcdash; 11-23-2009 at 02:48 PM.
Old 11-23-2009, 02:47 PM
str8dum1

What EMS are you using Rude and what are your experiences with it? I assume its either a ProEFI or a Haltech since you have posted so much input into this thread.

Please dont say you dont own either...

Last edited by str8dum1; 11-23-2009 at 02:48 PM.
Old 11-23-2009, 02:49 PM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

there hasnt been one "jab" post from proefi supporter here anyways. Haltech is a good system and personally since my first post i made that clear how i feel haltech is a great system. I however will call out raj, who started out this stupidity with his "straws" and overfocusing on a poll...its ovbious that postwhoring, even if its 1-sided voting on a poll, apparently make its meaningful to him then . He is ovbiously figured it out that you can slander and throw as many indirect jabs as you want as long as it meets grammacops semantic check .
"quote raj= proefi is jsut a tinny littel company with little resources, no customers and no support, that i have no real knowledge about, but i am not talking shlt"
Not sure where he would get misconceptions...if all that was answered to him a while ago on other threads. I guess whats next is play the clueless game

So anyways, more people use haltech on the board? yes, the usersoftware they use was out first?, yes...does it make it better? no, does it make the thread meaningless? yes(rich you know this is accurate so you can drop it, and you dont need to follow rajs "indirect jabs" just for the "devils advocate" sake)...most of those that have been here a while remember his "arguments" from older proefi threads....i believe both emss to be very qualified and quite a step up over vpro. I went with the proefi cause my tuner recomended it, and i have Jason close and he is goin to tune it himself, it would be stupid to pass that up. Just as it would be very stupid for someone with injected in their backyard to pass on having Hal tune a haltech too.

Last edited by IIQuickSilverII; 11-23-2009 at 03:04 PM.
Old 11-23-2009, 02:54 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

^^^ LOL RAj... Coming from the guy who is notorious for putting a smiley face after his insults and disrespectful/condescending/inflammatory posts.... (OOPS, I mean)

Last edited by RudeG_v2.0; 11-23-2009 at 09:15 PM.
Old 11-23-2009, 02:57 PM
str8dum1

Thats the same way I feel about the Haltech. Competent tuners close by play the final role, just like I said in post #2.

I would love to see how it all ties together when you are completed as the ProEFI has some great features.
Old 11-23-2009, 03:08 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Well said Jorge. +1 to all of that.
Old 11-23-2009, 03:12 PM
IIQuickSilverII

Thats the same way I feel about the Haltech. Competent tuners close by play the final role, just like I said in post #2.

I would love to see how it all ties together when you are completed as the ProEFI has some great features.
of course rich, i was in complete agreement with that 2nd post, i just didnt respond as to allow proefi input other than from me, so again, so you dont play into another spin by dr raj, rude got upset because he knows raj has raised this issue before in over year old threads, there was head butting over haltech vs proefi as this board is accostumed too and he got his answers back then so there are no misconceptions, this was settled then and it was end of it(larry and hal have a mutal respect on their work). He however continued his "play stupid game" , indirect instigating, "just word it right" slander on this thread not a bad bait job actually

Last edited by IIQuickSilverII; 11-23-2009 at 03:15 PM.
Old 11-23-2009, 03:34 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

What EMS are you using Rude and what are your experiences with it? I assume its either a ProEFI or a Haltech since you have posted so much input into this thread.

Please dont say you dont own either...
It was in my sig for a while, but I recently changed my sig. Anyway... like Jorge, I have ProEFI. Both our projects are near completion at Intense and we'll be posting the experiences with our own cars soon.

Over the last 2 years, I have frequented Intense often and was present while Jason Siebels did much of the R & D. I have seen multiple builds with ProEFI and have ridden in some ProEFI equipped cars. So I have seen first hand how this EMS performs. Unlike Raj's antagonistic post history towards ProEFI, I have never resorted to crapping on the Haltech to support ProEFI. Hence, my involvement in this thread when I saw Raj commence with his usual BS.
Old 11-23-2009, 05:00 PM
rcdash

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

Eric and Jorge, it is unfortunate that you both must resort to these types of posts, time after time. It derails the topic and does not contribute in any constructive fashion. Rather than speaking to the issues, your posts center on personal attacks. This thread is NOT about us as individuals - it's about the ProEFI and Haltech. My posts reference that subject matter. Please don't take it personally. Do you feel you are defending your personal honor on this forum? That of the ProEFI? Does that company need your assistance in that respect? Neither one of you have your FI cars on the street working in what, over 1 year? Over 2 years? Have either of you even opened up the end user software on your own machines? What concrete experience do you have with any EMS, at all? Just watched others?

The fact is I originally posted that we should not re-hash the same debate again, but Darren actually insisted that this thread was the appropriate venue given the title/topic. Go back and check it.

Also please keep in mind that the end user software was not available back when the topic first came up and so some clarifications in that respect have been helpful.

EDIT: oh yes, good night gentlemen.

Last edited by rcdash; 11-23-2009 at 05:10 PM.
Old 11-23-2009, 05:37 PM
Chris@FsP
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's like arguing who's the best NFL team. Nobody wins and everyone just leaves the discussion more frustrated than before.

95% of those who buy a standalone won't use ANY of the fancy bells and whistles that come with their respective EMS anyway.
Old 11-23-2009, 06:11 PM
IIQuickSilverII

yah..
Old 11-23-2009, 06:16 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Originally Posted by rcdash
Eric and Jorge, it is unfortunate that you both must resort to these types of posts, time after time. It derails the topic and does not contribute in any constructive fashion. Rather than speaking to the issues, your posts center on personal attacks. This thread is NOT about us as individuals - it's about the ProEFI and Haltech. My posts reference that subject matter. Please don't take it personally. Do you feel you are defending your personal honor on this forum? That of the ProEFI? Does that company need your assistance in that respect? Neither one of you have your FI cars on the street working in what, over 1 year? Over 2 years? Have either of you even opened up the end user software on your own machines? What concrete experience do you have with any EMS, at all? Just watched others?

The fact is I originally posted that we should not re-hash the same debate again, but Darren actually insisted that this thread was the appropriate venue given the title/topic. Go back and check it.

Also please keep in mind that the end user software was not available back when the topic first came up and so some clarifications in that respect have been helpful.

EDIT: oh yes, good night gentlemen.
Your spin doctoring and deflection is amazing once again. Bottom line: You have a predatory pattern "time after time" of making thinly veiled jabs, insulting comments dressed with smiley faces, and antagonistic questions against rival products that Forged and/or Injected don't sell or publicly support. Your post history proves it and I have no problem calling you out for it when you continue to crap in threads against rival products. As much you like to villafy me, Jorge, and Darren... We are not the ones on this forum who consistently engage in negative marketing and who go around putting down other products to support those our shop recommends/prefers. However, the three of us have consistently been outspoken against those who do, especially when PowerLab or ProEFI is involved. So go cry me a river. I said it before and I'll say it again... "If Sharif and Hal supported ProEFI instead of Haltech, guess who would be a HUGE ProEFI fanboy right now?"

Last edited by RudeG_v2.0; 11-23-2009 at 06:29 PM.

Quick Reply: Haltec V.S Pro-efi