Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

BC2 Cams - Idle and stalling (Haltech)

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2010, 07:48 AM
rcdash

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

It will go rich on decel, but as the idle falls, it will lean out quickly and die. On my Haltech, I've set fueling at 500 rpms similar to that at 2500 rpms! My idle is 800 rpms. Hope that helps.

Last edited by rcdash; 04-13-2010 at 07:52 AM.
Old 04-13-2010, 10:52 AM
binder

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

thanks, i can't say it helps the issue until i have my car together to test it but i will for sure say it helps my knowledge and makes perfect sense.

now i'm excited to get home in 2 weeks to rebuild this engine (stupid head gasket) then see if i can fix my year old problem
Old 05-04-2010, 09:00 AM
binder

Originally Posted by rcdash
It will go rich on decel, but as the idle falls, it will lean out quickly and die. On my Haltech, I've set fueling at 500 rpms similar to that at 2500 rpms! My idle is 800 rpms. Hope that helps.
is that on your base fuel table?

i noticed hal has my targets down at 14.2 in that area also.
Old 05-04-2010, 12:31 PM
rcdash

Yes, on the base fuel table, which is tuned via injector pulse width, so I just enter the millisecond value directly.
Old 05-04-2010, 02:37 PM
binder

Yes, on the base fuel table, which is tuned via injector pulse width, so I just enter the millisecond value directly.
wait, i'm lost, how do you enter the ms in the base fuel table? I can't find that
Old 05-04-2010, 03:44 PM
Chris@FsP
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by binder
wait, i'm lost, how do you enter the ms in the base fuel table? I can't find that
You have to change it in SETUP. You will need to completely remap if you change from VE to IPW tuning.
Old 05-04-2010, 04:43 PM
binder

Originally Posted by Chris@FsP
You have to change it in SETUP. You will need to completely remap if you change from VE to IPW tuning.
alrighty then....i'll be fine with my fuel % change then. lol

it's pretty much fixed right now. It drops like 100rpm at most now.
Old 05-04-2010, 06:09 PM
rcdash

Oh yes, with VE, just make it richer. Sorry I was thinking in ipw and relating values from one cell to another - cannot do that with VE since it's all hidden from you. Glad it's working for you.
Old 05-04-2010, 10:24 PM
binder

ya, this haltech is nasty.

i'm working on tip in at higher rpms. Hal set it around 3-3.5k for a great tip in but we were playing tonight and i was doinga 40mph roll with a friend and my tip in sucked. It jumped to 16.6 a/f. I can't just richen the cells up (tried) because it makes the car run super rich once it catches up. I guess that TT load thing is what i need to mess with and it's a little confusing for me.
Old 05-05-2010, 05:08 AM
rcdash

Transient throttle enrichment tuning is tricky and takes patience. See my thread over on the Haltech forums if you want to know the algorithm employed. It becomes a little easier to figure out how to make adjustments then...
Old 05-05-2010, 06:35 AM
binder

Transient throttle enrichment tuning is tricky and takes patience. See my thread over on the Haltech forums if you want to know the algorithm employed. It becomes a little easier to figure out how to make adjustments then...
i'll search for it. same user name over there? which subforum is it under?

I love this thing so i want to know how to tune the crap out of it.
Old 05-05-2010, 06:38 AM
MR RIZK

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://forums.haltech.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=3450
Old 05-05-2010, 06:41 AM
binder

thanks!
Old 06-09-2010, 06:32 AM
lanceccs

Stock engine with Kinetics Plenum, Apexi filter and straight thru exhaust from header to cat back.

Got my Haltech tuned today and I am experiencing the same problem.

Symptons

Eccentric Idling
-RPM oscillates between 200-1300 after deceleration. Takes a few cycles to stablise.

-In some circumstances where I shut throttle and clutch in suddenly, it will stall the engine.

I don't know nuts abt tuning and I don't wanna mess around with the tune. I will bring the car back to the tuner and have it fixed. What should I tell the tuner to try???

Please help... thanks.
Old 06-09-2010, 06:37 AM
rcdash

copy through ignition timing helps with idle stability (put a "C" in the cells rather than an absolute timing value in degrees). The rest is in the fueling.

Last edited by rcdash; 06-09-2010 at 06:48 AM.
Old 06-09-2010, 07:03 AM
lanceccs

copy through ignition timing helps with idle stability (put a "C" in the cells rather than an absolute timing value in degrees). The rest is in the fueling.
Thats quick reply. Thanks!!!

Another secondary problem/question....

I have the "03 with narrowband, so I've gotten the Haltech Dual Wideband and wanted to put them on only to find out that the dealer sold me the Silverbox 350z Haltech with Old Harness (without the pnp connector for the dual wideband).

Long story short.... We completed the tune without fixing the haltech widebands... I wanted to get the wideband wired up somewhere and put them in use. However, the tuner advised that I should have the haltech wideband calibrated against the tuneshop's wideband which they used to tune my car.

I was told it would require 1-2 hrs of dyno time for that...and of coz that means $$$$.

Question is...
Is it really necessary to calibrate against the tuneshop's wideband? What if I don't??
Old 06-09-2010, 08:35 AM
Chris@FsP
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by lanceccs
Thats quick reply. Thanks!!!

Another secondary problem/question....

I have the "03 with narrowband, so I've gotten the Haltech Dual Wideband and wanted to put them on only to find out that the dealer sold me the Silverbox 350z Haltech with Old Harness (without the pnp connector for the dual wideband).

Long story short.... We completed the tune without fixing the haltech widebands... I wanted to get the wideband wired up somewhere and put them in use. However, the tuner advised that I should have the haltech wideband calibrated against the tuneshop's wideband which they used to tune my car.

I was told it would require 1-2 hrs of dyno time for that...and of coz that means $$$$.

Question is...
Is it really necessary to calibrate against the tuneshop's wideband? What if I don't??
I'd trust the Haltech wideband over many dyno's built-in wideband.
Old 06-09-2010, 08:52 AM
Elperuano

the problem is there's no manufacturer for the display gauge of the haltech wideband so it leaves people who have the wideband with no display gauge forced to check a/f n stuff like that thru the actual haltech ecu... sucks until they come out with a company to make the display gauges
Old 06-09-2010, 08:58 AM
str8dum1

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

^ did you wire up the prosport gauge completely to the haltech harness. There's no reason it wont work properly.
Old 06-09-2010, 09:01 AM
Elperuano

Originally Posted by str8dum1
^ did you wire up the prosport gauge completely to the haltech harness. There's no reason it wont work properly.
yea meng its wired right just off... its gotta be the gauge. the haltech display gauge reads off the haltech directly n makes adjustments accordingly... even with my gauge off it will never adjust like the way the display gauge should i believe... besides id prefer to use the entire haltech system than have 1 unfamiliar source hooked up to it.

Quick Reply: BC2 Cams - Idle and stalling (Haltech)