Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

vortech MAF issue

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2010, 07:52 AM
508wrx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so it sounds like this is a problem across all tuning platforms and that the HPX is the solution.

i just find it odd that some people can push the stock MAF so much further than others. Its mostly from the SC people, the turbo guys are usually supplied with a larger MAF tube making the problem non existent.

thanks for the help guys. ill go with that and a retune and hopefully dont have this problem anymore.
Old 02-21-2010, 10:22 AM
OldManZ350

Received 230 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by 508wrx
so it sounds like this is a problem across all tuning platforms and that the HPX is the solution.

i just find it odd that some people can push the stock MAF so much further than others. Its mostly from the SC people, the turbo guys are usually supplied with a larger MAF tube making the problem non existent.

thanks for the help guys. ill go with that and a retune and hopefully dont have this problem anymore.
Hi 508wrx,

That's not it at All !!!!!!

Most Vortech Guys Do Not have a problem in this area.

The Stock Vortech kit was design as a Pure Bolt On for about 8PSI. My kit came with a piggy back Ecu that modifies the Maf signal. I'm making 14.5Psi with the stock maf sensor and tube.

Still you have not stated your complete set-up, so that people can help you.
Old 02-21-2010, 06:29 PM
508wrx

My set up is:

Vortech Tuner Kit 3.33 pully
DW 600cc injectors
Walbro 255
one sep colder plugs
invidia g200catback
kinetix highflow cats

And to tune were using a Cobb Accessport.

Oldman i know the piggy back your refering too as well. I got the tuner kit because im using my own fuel injectors/pump along with tuning device.
Old 02-21-2010, 06:43 PM
tylerxfire

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 508wrx
My set up is:

Vortech Tuner Kit 3.33 pully
DW 600cc injectors
Walbro 255
one sep colder plugs
invidia g200catback
kinetix highflow cats

And to tune were using a Cobb Accessport.

Oldman i know the piggy back your refering too as well. I got the tuner kit because im using my own fuel injectors/pump along with tuning device.

yeah ur only on the 3.33 pulley, thats stock pulley u def. should not need to upgrade the maf..I am using the same ems as oldman and i am also stock maf and housing and all...

Who is doing your tuning? i asked a few times but u have not answered that, U have more than enough fuel for that pulley so thats not the problem, it has to be a tuning issue or something to do with the cobb accesport, as i said it is not used for the most part on FI z's only n/a..the few it has been used on have been bad i recall popped motors

Last edited by tylerxfire; 02-21-2010 at 06:45 PM.
Old 02-21-2010, 06:57 PM
508wrx

EFI logics in Conneticut. They've tuned hurdreds of Subaru's, Mitu's, Fords, and GMs. They just started on Nissan/Infiniti. A few R35's and a few of what he said were "nitemare" to tune 350z's. So far he says our G35 was the easiest, yet we still ran into the MAF problem.

He did say today that one of the Z's was a TT and had the HPX MAF upgrade and he said that the cobb AP (or the factory ECU. I cant remember) didnt recognize it.

Leaving me with only two other options. Switch EM or get a bigger MAF tube.
Old 02-21-2010, 07:14 PM
tylerxfire

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

since ur in mass u could go to ballistic in NH which know the z very well and get a emanage ultimate which they specialize in...The accessport is good and has proven itself for the R35 and the subaru crowd but the Z has been another story and thats probably why he says its a nightmare to tune a z because its not a good solution to tuning a F/I Z from what has been shown thus far from everyone who has tried..

i really think ur best bet would be to look into other piggy backs and to go somewhere who knows the Z and how to properly tune it, you really shouldnt be having problems with ur maf imo, and like you said the cobb didnt recognize the hpx anyway

with the fuel setup and all u have i would say to go with a utec, emanage ultimate or uprev for tuning and to go somewhere who knows how to use them to tune...that EFI place doesnt tune a utec or anything else? i wouldnt try to work a bigger maf tube in there to solve this, as it shouldnt be happening to start

Last edited by tylerxfire; 02-21-2010 at 07:21 PM.