Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

My HKS S/C Installation

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2010, 01:07 PM
jonnylaw

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by IanP
HKS filter is 150mm, or atlest mine is

HKS part numbers for the filters are

1504-SA001 (Green)
1504-SA012 (Yellow)

What size radiator are you running? I'm just wondering if i'll need to relocate the filter aswell with a 54mm radiator
I run an ARC radiator for cpv35. Not sure on the dimensions. But my air filter location is mounted outside the engine bay, as designed by HKS for the g coupe
Old 03-29-2010, 01:49 PM
ITOzann

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Updates

Today, we tried to dyno the car after fixing all air leaks. The car would be smooth but it won't go over 4k RPM's. Does anyone have an idea what could be causing this?
Old 03-29-2010, 02:20 PM
jonnylaw

Your selected Osiris map isn't in a valet mode is it?
Old 03-29-2010, 02:23 PM
ITOzann

Originally Posted by jonnylaw
Your selected Osiris map isn't in a valet mode is it?
what do you mean by valet mode?

Jonnylaw, did you change the maf sensor by any chance? did you install something like the pmas maf sensor instead of the stock one. My tuner was telling me that I need to order a new maf sensor.
Old 03-29-2010, 02:50 PM
jonnylaw

Originally Posted by ITOzann
what do you mean by valet mode?

Jonnylaw, did you change the maf sensor by any chance? did you install something like the pmas maf sensor instead of the stock one. My tuner was telling me that I need to order a new maf sensor.
Osiris has an option to make a map "valet" mode. It will not allow the engine to rev past a certain rpm, will limit speed as well. Some use this mode for launch control.

I use a fcon vpro for my ems, and an osiris reflash. But the vpro is the main ems and it is using a map sensor, not the maf, so I did not have to upgrade maf sensors. If you are running off of the maf, you may need to get the upgraded maf for your tune.
Old 03-29-2010, 03:11 PM
cdoxp800

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Today, we tried to dyno the car after fixing all air leaks. The car would be smooth but it won't go over 4k RPM's. Does anyone have an idea what could be causing this?
Did you log your MAF Voltage? If the MAF voltage gets higher then 4.6v it cuts the fuel (I believe).
Sam was telling me to keep an eye in that. Also I like what jonnylaw said about Valet map.

How does map switching work?
Using the Cruise Control Buttons...
-Hold the set/coast toggle down
-Press "Cancel" once for map 1, twice for map 2, etc...
-Then release the set/coast toggle.
-When you release the toggle, the cruise "SET" light on the dash will blink once for map 1, twice for map 2, etc...

Let us know,

C
Old 03-29-2010, 03:23 PM
ITOzann

Originally Posted by jonnylaw
Osiris has an option to make a map "valet" mode. It will not allow the engine to rev past a certain rpm, will limit speed as well. Some use this mode for launch control.

I use a fcon vpro for my ems, and an osiris reflash. But the vpro is the main ems and it is using a map sensor, not the maf, so I did not have to upgrade maf sensors. If you are running off of the maf, you may need to get the upgraded maf for your tune.
We found out the maf sensor is causing the car to go into limp mode. Hopefully, gtm gets the pmas maf sensor by tomorrow and I get it sometime soon. Can't wait to have my car back. This is the 4th week without the z

Originally Posted by cdoxp800
Did you log your MAF Voltage? If the MAF voltage gets higher then 4.6v it cuts the fuel (I believe).
Sam was telling me to keep an eye in that. Also I like what jonnylaw said about Valet map.

How does map switching work?
Using the Cruise Control Buttons...
-Hold the set/coast toggle down
-Press "Cancel" once for map 1, twice for map 2, etc...
-Then release the set/coast toggle.
-When you release the toggle, the cruise "SET" light on the dash will blink once for map 1, twice for map 2, etc...

Let us know,

C

I won't have access to cruise control man. I have a personal steering wheel on my z
Old 03-29-2010, 03:50 PM
cdoxp800

We found out the maf sensor is causing the car to go into limp mode. Hopefully, gtm gets the pmas maf sensor by tomorrow and I get it sometime soon. Can't wait to have my car back. This is the 4th week without the z

I won't have access to cruise control man. I have a personal steering wheel on my z
I guess I better order a PMAS then.
Old 03-29-2010, 04:08 PM
ITOzann

I guess I better order a PMAS then.
did you call sam@GTM? seemed like they needed one more unit to place a new order since they were out of stock.

Last edited by ITOzann; 03-29-2010 at 04:10 PM.
Old 03-29-2010, 05:39 PM
cdoxp800

did you call sam@GTM? seemed like they needed one more unit to place a new order since they were out of stock.
Not yet. What kid of boost where you seeing at 4K Rpm?
Old 03-31-2010, 01:45 AM
_ink

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey ITOzann,

Did you have to drill into your oil sump? Or does the kit come with a sandwich plate of some sort?
Old 03-31-2010, 02:19 AM
ITOzann

Not yet. What kid of boost where you seeing at 4K Rpm?
i didn't look at that data sir.. sorry jsut freaked out the car went off and we stopped hahah

Originally Posted by _ink
Hey ITOzann,

Did you have to drill into your oil sump? Or does the kit come with a sandwich plate of some sort?
why would I have to do any of both options mentioned?
Old 03-31-2010, 02:39 AM
_ink

Sorry, that was a stupid question! Was thinking about the fuel return system.

Last edited by _ink; 03-31-2010 at 02:42 AM.
Old 03-31-2010, 03:15 AM
ITOzann

Sorry, that was a stupid question! Was thinking about the fuel return system.
_ink, sorry bro but i got lost for a second. I don't see how the fuel return system is related to the oil sump/pan.. could you please give me some detail on how both are related and where ..

The only reason i could think of drilling the oil sump/pan is to lubricate the s/c system(like tapping the oil sump/pan on a vortech system). But, hks is a self-lubricated system. It uses it's own oil that is store in a separated reservoir. now.. the fuel system is a different whole topic..
Old 03-31-2010, 03:31 AM
_ink

_ink, sorry bro but i got lost for a second. I don't see how the fuel return system is related to the oil sump/pan.. could you please give me some detail on how both are related and where ..

The only reason i could think of drilling the oil sump/pan is to lubricate the s/c system(like tapping the oil sump/pan on a vortech system). But, hks is a self-lubricated system. It uses it's own oil that is store in a separated reservoir. now.. the fuel system is a different whole topic..
When you install a Fuel return kit, which the HKS wont need, it will need to be returned into the sump. I was thinking about the Vortech system. sorry to confuse you.
Old 03-31-2010, 03:48 AM
ITOzann

When you install a Fuel return kit, which the HKS wont need, it will need to be returned into the sump. I was thinking about the Vortech system. sorry to confuse you.
well.. the system i have is the stage 4 or 5 from gtm. I don't really know if you could say you don't need the RFS at ~10psi, but it's always recommendable. The RFS don't get even close to the sump. It is the CJM Stage 1 FRS. Check the follow link on how it is installed.

http://www.cj-motorsports.com/s1install.htm

Also, from CJM's website:
The CJM S1 Fuel Path; Your fuel pump assembly sends the fuel into the factory hardpipe. Your factory hardpipe is shortened and ends just under the passenger's feet. From there, it travels through our hardpipe adapter fitting, into a -8 hose (heat wrapped) over to the transmission bell-housing area. It goes up, into a Y fitting where it splits into pair of -6 hoses and into the rear of the fuel rails (fixed with beautiful SS bolts). Out the front of each fuel rail is a -6 hose that cross each others path and loop back along side the rails and into the fuel pressure regulator. From the regulator, the fuel enters the -6 return line, and goes back into the fuel pump assembly via the return correction.

Last edited by ITOzann; 03-31-2010 at 03:50 AM.
Old 03-31-2010, 04:10 AM
_ink

read here:

https://my350z.com/forum/forced-indu...estions-5.html
Old 04-06-2010, 10:14 PM
ITOzann

Running rich!
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Xo_GEMYmP6U&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Xo_GEMYmP6U&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4NjDl7kUo0Y&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4NjDl7kUo0Y&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dRTr0tm8AYo&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dRTr0tm8AYo&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Mustang Dyno Graphs to come soon!

Last edited by ITOzann; 04-06-2010 at 10:17 PM.
Old 04-06-2010, 10:24 PM
_ink

Love your ride!!! The whole colour and setup is awesome! What colour is that?

Also, the way your rear wheels sit soo flush with the guards is sweeeeeet!!!!
Old 04-06-2010, 10:43 PM
ITOzann

Love your ride!!! The whole colour and setup is awesome! What colour is that?

Also, the way your rear wheels sit soo flush with the guards is sweeeeeet!!!!
thanks a lot sir! the color is a custom pewter formulated by my friend's body shop

Quick Reply: My HKS S/C Installation