Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Turbo question/ Boost ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2010, 06:36 PM
jomamahama

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris@FsP
We offer a million mile warranty, no questions asked.
I'm guessing this is a cute way of saying you don't offer one and scoff at even the notion that a shop would stand behind their work. Here today, gone tomorrow I guess?

Other successful non-VQ platform shops offer to take over the manufacturer's warranty or offer their own.
Take Dinan, Lingenfelter, Hennessey. They all offer turbo or superchargers for originally N/A engines.

Put your money where your mouth is and warranty at least some of your VQ set-ups for 2yr/24K (just an example, how about we start with 1yr/12K on built set-ups for starters?) rather than replying with useless 1-sentence posts. If you truly believe it's so much about the tune.

And you wouldn't be the first VQ tuner that has gone the warranty route:
I did some searching and found a thread where Sharif@forged backed their built+tuned installations with a 1yr unlimited mile warranty back in 2007. However a search of their website with the term "warranty" only brings up no warranty under their liability section.

https://my350z.com/forum/forced-indu...-and-more.html
Old 03-18-2010, 06:46 PM
Barnabas
National Z Club President

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

there have been other experiences where shops "warrantied" there work and just found excuses why not to cover it on the few occasions when something did go wrong...
Old 03-18-2010, 07:54 PM
Chris@FsP
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by jomamahama
I'm guessing this is a cute way of saying you don't offer one and scoff at even the notion that a shop would stand behind their work. Here today, gone tomorrow I guess?

Other successful non-VQ platform shops offer to take over the manufacturer's warranty or offer their own.
Take Dinan, Lingenfelter, Hennessey. They all offer turbo or superchargers for originally N/A engines.

Put your money where your mouth is and warranty at least some of your VQ set-ups for 2yr/24K (just an example, how about we start with 1yr/12K on built set-ups for starters?) rather than replying with useless 1-sentence posts. If you truly believe it's so much about the tune.

And you wouldn't be the first VQ tuner that has gone the warranty route:
I did some searching and found a thread where Sharif@forged backed their built+tuned installations with a 1yr unlimited mile warranty back in 2007. However a search of their website with the term "warranty" only brings up no warranty under their liability section.

https://my350z.com/forum/forced-indu...-and-more.html
I hate using the word 'warranty', makes it sound like I'm selling appliances or something...

I 'guarantee' any and all work that comes out of this shop. If WE somehow cause a problem, WE make it right. Simple as that. It is something that is discussed with the customer before any build or tuning session. I do not, however, feel the need to try to lure customers in the doors with an "X yr/ XX,XXX mi Warranty" marketing ploy.

I'm done with this conversation now, have a good night sir.
Old 03-19-2010, 07:48 AM
XKR

Originally Posted by Barnabas
there have been other experiences where shops "warrantied" there work and just found excuses why not to cover it on the few occasions when something did go wrong...
Lol....... I was thinking the same thing

Dave.... Very true... Very true... To use the name Hennessey when making a point about ethics makes me laugh...

No one offers a full warranty on a fully built race motor... Not even Porsche offers a warranty on their 100k racing motor....so why should any of the shops on here. ????

All I ask from a shop on here is to cover their mistakes....A 100k Porsche racing motor is only good for one 24 hours of Daytona and one 12 hour race.... So why do some of you feel that after beating the crap out of your built car that you cut corners on your build should last for 5 years 60k miles??????

Last edited by XKR; 03-19-2010 at 03:44 PM.
Old 03-19-2010, 12:12 PM
Barnabas

bubububh I wanna spend 7k and get 900whp and have a 10 yr 100k mile warranty you mean that wont happen
Old 03-19-2010, 02:01 PM
Chris@FsP
Vendor - Former Vendor

bubububh I wanna spend 7k and get 900whp and have a 10 yr 100k mile warranty you mean that wont happen
Contact Scott Bush at Relentless, and let him work his voodoo on your car.
Old 03-19-2010, 02:06 PM
Barnabas

but he knows what he is doing, for a tune thats not important couldnt I save money and have pepboys or someone do it??
Old 03-19-2010, 03:48 PM
XKR

Lol..... It looks like FP does offer a 1 year warranty for non track cars...
Old 03-19-2010, 03:50 PM
Barnabas

I think any good shop that stands behind there work more or less offers a "warranty" if something they did wrong causes the issue... most people bring in used parts and cut corners though soo in many cases they are ineligible for the warranty anyway...
Old 03-19-2010, 08:43 PM
jomamahama

*FACEPALM*
So many things going awry here.

I'll start off by saying this is not a crazy foreign concept folks, just ask any lawyer dealing with contracts or any insurance company as they deal with subrogation all the time. In so many industries companies warranty their work which are often times a conglomerate of multiple parts built by multiple manufacturers. Or jobs done by multiple contractors. General contractors hiring plumbers, electricians etc, your TV manufacturers, your computer builders putting together computers with a video card from ATI, a mobo from ASUS, and processor from INTEL. For example, general contractors usually warranty their work for 1-2yrs regardless of who they subcontract to do the work. If something happens to the plumbing, or if the flooring contractor's wood floor is defective, the GC will have it fixed and then go after the plumbing company or the wood floor manufacturer for reimbursement so you aren't left in the cold while everyone points fingers at everyone else. This is a very common business practice in order to be consumer friendly. Another example probably closer to home would be a computer. I mean how anti-intuitive would it be if Dell said you won't get your computer fixed because they claim Intel's processor was faulty and you'll have to sue microsoft and prove it was their fault (burden of proof is on the consumer in this instance). In law this process is usually called "subrogation" which is rooted in the tenants of common law legal liability. Most often it's seen in insurance contracts. My point is, there is no reason tuners shouldn't offer this same warranty if they put together a package deal and believe in the quality of their work.

I'm disappointed this thread degenerated into a series of posts that decided to discredit my whole entire argument about a "warranty" by mentioned a well known tuner that apparently does shoddy work in with a list of other tuners (that's a straw man fallacy last time checked). And then someone else continues on by taking my idea and putting it to ignorant extremes, pretending i asked for a $9000 build with a 10 yr/100K warranty or some ******** like that. And I mentioned at least to try offering a warranty on your package deals like Sharif used to to avoid morons intentionally taking the most extreme scenarios to discredit my argument such as "I'll give you $5000 and a box of used parts and odds and ends and build me a 400HP turbo and expect a warranty on everything."

Seriously, at least be logical when addressing arguments by addressing the entire argument.

Also I just checked the thread I resurrected regarding sharif. I posted in this thread in order to further check on the warranty since I couldn't find anything on the website. As per https://my350z.com/forum/forced-indu...nd-more-4.html , it appears Sharif DOES warranty some of his package deals INCLUDING the parts they consist of. That means NO finger pointing back and forth from tuner---> shortblock builder---> fuel injector manufacturer etc back and forth until everyone points the finger at someone else and the consumer is left with a broken car and no money to fix it from anyone. The burden is on the consumer to prove who is liable and the legal process is a long one when no one takes liability (it's called a lawsuit folks, and will cost more than you rebuilding your car and a lot of time).

I noted in that warranty thread Chris@FSP you spazzed out about me asking if this is still in force...and XKR is recruited to team up on me on this thread...well played I basically was following up on my assertion that there are no VQ tuners that warranty their work which puts a ***** in the VQ's armor as far as a stable motor platform for FI. Well my research to further this discussion in this thread turned out to be in your favor, which is a lot more than you've done to further the conversation. It undermines one of my assertions. Did you lose sight of the argument in a blind fury as I told you to put your money where your mouth is and warranty your packages? (note Sharif@Forged Performance used the SAME words when he announced the warranty in his thread).

Chris@FSP, I am glad you are done with this thread, and I hope those who took the time to read in the Oklahoma area will spend the extra money to ship their car to Sharif@Forged Performance to take advantage of the warrantied packages (i'd suggest reading the warranty first of course, signed).

As for me...I'm waiting to see how the initial VK56VD engine swaps turn out cost-wise in the next few years as my engine gets more miles on it... because after reading these forums FI is not for me. If no VK56VD it's a cammed vette for me with widened wheels and sticky tires when my n/a 06 5AT G35 dies.

Laters

Last edited by jomamahama; 03-19-2010 at 08:47 PM. Reason: typos
Old 03-20-2010, 02:05 PM
superchargedg
Damn Noobs

but he knows what he is doing, for a tune thats not important couldnt I save money and have pepboys or someone do it??
Bring it by my Pep Boys and ill sell you one hell of a warranty.
Old 03-22-2010, 01:03 PM
Barnabas

Originally Posted by superchargedg
Bring it by my Pep Boys and ill sell you one hell of a warranty.