Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Manley VQ35 H-Beam Rods: Making the switch

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2010, 06:35 PM
Nexx

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by westpak
Carrillo's FTW
hush you! lol
Old 05-18-2010, 06:50 PM
rcdash

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by RudeG_v2.0
Uh oh... Either somebody doesn't know the product they are selling, or they just got caught engaging in some false marketing hype.
Complaining about marketing hype by a post with an error on rod weight? Something that can just be looked up? Puhleeze, give it a rest.

It's not like he claimed it'd make 650 whp! Or that it would make extra special power on a revup motor!

j/k j/k - don't go on a rampage.

It's good to know someone's on the look out for new products for the community to evaluate. It looks to me like these edge out Eagle rods slightly and Pauter slightly in cost for similar specs for the two versions.

Last edited by rcdash; 05-18-2010 at 06:52 PM.
Old 05-18-2010, 07:36 PM
IslandZavage

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

how do they edge the eagles? they do weigh 35g less, but they under perform by 700hp rating, and cost more than eagles...
Old 05-18-2010, 08:05 PM
meatbag

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

The specs dont really compare to pauters either.
Old 05-18-2010, 08:53 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rcdash
Complaining about marketing hype by a post with an error on rod weight? Something that can just be looked up? Puhleeze, give it a rest.

It's not like he claimed it'd make 650 whp! Or that it would make extra special power on a revup motor!

j/k j/k - don't go on a rampage.

It's good to know someone's on the look out for new products for the community to evaluate. It looks to me like these edge out Eagle rods slightly and Pauter slightly in cost for similar specs for the two versions.
LOL You're late!

I knew we could count on you to spin, deflect, and sugar coat this. It's interesting that Scott Bush wasn't given the same consideration or benefit of doubt when he made similar mistakes involving posting misstatements about products that could easily be looked up. If only Scott had you as an advocate, just maybe....

Last edited by RudeG_v2.0; 05-18-2010 at 08:56 PM.
Old 05-18-2010, 09:00 PM
rcdash

LOL You're late!

I knew we could count on you to spin, deflect, and sugar coat this. It's interesting that Scott Bush wasn't given the same consideration or benefit of doubt when he made similar mistakes involving posting misstatements about products that could easily be looked up. If only Scott had you as an advocate, just maybe....
Now you're complaining about me "spinning" about you "spinning"?

I thought you would've learned by now what separates Scott from every other person on the planet. Should I give you a little hint? The difference is that Scott would still be insisting that the Manley rods weigh 500 grams! Even when all the evidence is presented! (Or that spacers still make power on revup motors!)
Old 05-18-2010, 09:14 PM
IslandZavage

I thought you would've learned by now what separates Scott from every other person on the planet. Should I give you a little hint? The difference is that Scott would still be insisting that the Manley rods weigh 500 grams! Even when all the evidence is presented! (Or that spacers still make power on revup motors!)
You mean like in this thread and you said they edge out the eagle rods and all the evidence is pointing too otherwise? Or maybe the weight savings of a whole 35g is better than cost and power ratings?

im just sayin
Old 05-18-2010, 09:32 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

...or like someone insisting that a certain tech was fired even though he was still working there.

...or like insisting that you are trying to resolve problems with your customer and make things right when in fact you already stopped dealing directly with the customer and passed the problem off to your insurance company.

Last edited by RudeG_v2.0; 05-18-2010 at 11:06 PM.
Old 05-18-2010, 09:56 PM
IslandZavage

WTF!!!!!!!

Now thats some shady S**T!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by IslandZavage; 05-18-2010 at 09:59 PM.
Old 05-19-2010, 07:30 AM
rcdash

Originally Posted by IslandZavage
how do they edge the eagles? they do weigh 35g less, but they under perform by 700hp rating, and cost more than eagles...
According to the original post pic the weight was much less - very confusing. It is only marginally lighter according to the PDF. I would take the Eagle hp ratings with a grain of salt especially since in some applications they are only rated to 900 hp, others 1500 hp, which is a big spread. The reputation of the manufacturer is the "edge" here, though I thought there was also an edge in weight and no difference in price (according to 1st post). Perhaps not that compelling...
Old 05-19-2010, 07:37 AM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

...or like someone insisting that a certain tech was fired even though he was still working there.

...or like insisting that you are trying to resolve problems with your customer and make things right when in fact you already stopped dealing directly with the customer and passed the problem off to your insurance company.
Eric, you are wrong on both counts. Can we please leave this thread on topic.

I would trust a Manley rod at 800whp over an eagle rod any day of the week, regardless of what the manufacturers power claims are. If one believes an Eagle rod can safely support 1500hp per the manufacturers claim, I would say they are mistaken. And can you show us where you all have found Eagle rods for $400? IPP has them on their site for $475 and they have some pretty low prices on their stuff.
Old 05-19-2010, 07:41 AM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

According to the original post pic the weight was much less - very confusing. It is only marginally lighter according to the PDF. I would take the Eagle hp ratings with a grain of salt especially since in some applications they are only rated to 900 hp, others 1500 hp, which is a big spread. The reputation of the manufacturer is the "edge" here, though I thought there was also an edge in weight and no difference in price (according to 1st post). Perhaps not that compelling...
And Raj, the main reason we are making the switch is quality control and fine fitting...not for strength or weight reasons although Manley has a long track record of reliability. Very few people will push either rod to the point where strength would be an issue. If you put an Eagle Rod and a Manley rod side by side the difference in finish is very obvious.
Old 05-19-2010, 07:45 AM
meatbag

You have to look at the part numbers on the box. The rods pictured were not the rods described.
Old 05-19-2010, 07:54 AM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Originally Posted by Sharif@Forged

I would trust a Manley rod at 800whp over an eagle rod any day of the week, regardless of what the manufacturers power claims are. If one believes an Eagle rod can safely support 1500hp per the manufacturers claim, I would say they are mistaken. And can you show us where you all have found Eagle rods for $400? IPP has them on their site for $475 and they have some pretty low prices on their stuff.
You are lying on both counts. I made my point about what happened in this thread and was done with this until your boy came in here and provoked me with his OT sh*t talking. Thank him.

(done with OT about other dirt unless provoked further)

Last edited by RudeG_v2.0; 05-19-2010 at 08:12 AM.
Old 05-19-2010, 07:56 AM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Originally Posted by meatbag
You have to look at the part numbers on the box. The rods pictured were not the rods described.
The box and part pictured are for the same part. The weight of the rod is broken out by big end and small end. Add them up and you get the total rod weight.
Old 05-19-2010, 08:11 AM
meatbag

nvm

Last edited by meatbag; 05-19-2010 at 08:22 AM.
Old 05-19-2010, 08:24 AM
Elperuano

You are lying on both counts. I made my point about what happened in this thread and was done with this until your boy came in here and provoked me with his OT sh*t talking. Thank him.

(done with OT about other dirt unless provoked further)
whoaa....
Old 05-19-2010, 08:34 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

why are you so worried on eagles now, when you break one eagle rod north of 1200hp LMK for starters....

if you wanna talk and recomend about the looks, materials used, or prefering more expensive brand on a more expensive build...or if you jsut want to over fixiate on the weight used its fine, the custom rods i have were made based on proven technology used in a 1500whp cars but its never recomended much since eagles and any other rod out there are sufficient for 99% of builds and its much more expensive..... but i haven't seen or heard of any issues one agles in a VQ related to any of the hearsay you just mentioned. IMO if this is all about getting better quality control as in getting a part not from gtm and supplier being able to meet orders on time, and better pricing then thats fine 2.

THe only real "testing" of this rods was done by injected in their high build and rod saw "their end" north of 1200whp.

Also, layoff with the strawman, and OT TOU violation rehashing of other threads... Sharif isnt even interested in touching OT issues, follow his advice.

Last edited by IIQuickSilverII; 05-19-2010 at 08:50 AM.
Old 05-19-2010, 10:40 AM
IslandZavage

Originally Posted by str8dum1
good to know you are just spouting off bullsh1t.

maybe you should double check your facts

CRS5680N3D
standard forged 4340 steel H-Beam
common applications:
Nissan/Infiniti VQ35
price per set of 6: $600.00
fasteners: 3/8" ARP 2000
torque: 43 ftlbs with ARP moly lube on threads
pin fit: bushed
recommended up to 1500 HP
DIMENSIONS
length: 5.680 in.
rod journal: 0.000 in.
housing bore: 2.1670 in.
pin size: 0.866 in.
big end width: 0.8150 in.
pin end width: 0.8200 in.
thickness above pin: 0.190 in.
typical weight: 555g
RECOMMENDED BEARINGS
ACL 6B2640H
REPLACEMENT PARTS
pin bushing: B808
alignment sleeve: 10004
single bolt: 201500
single rod: CRS5680N3D-1
ur screen name fits u well

Originally Posted by Sharif@Forged

actually......

im just sayin
Old 05-19-2010, 10:48 AM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

D'OH!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Manley VQ35 H-Beam Rods: Making the switch