Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

If you are going to add FI, how much hp is your goal?

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2003, 07:37 AM
twenzel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

man it sounds like you dont even like the car you own. Why dont you sell it for something you might actually enjoy. Like a early 90s fox body mustang. It seems all you are interested in is getting down the drag stip in a timely manner and thats what that car is good at.

btw, I am sure the Z's tranny is good for at least 500HP all the companies developing turbo kits (ie top secret) never commented on a weak tranny. Even the people running a 300 Nos shot didnt blow the tranny before the motor went.

Last edited by twenzel; 11-06-2003 at 07:40 AM.
Old 11-06-2003, 08:43 AM
Dissolved

Originally posted by tonywenzel
man it sounds like you dont even like the car you own. Why dont you sell it for something you might actually enjoy. Like a early 90s fox body mustang. It seems all you are interested in is getting down the drag stip in a timely manner and thats what that car is good at.

btw, I am sure the Z's tranny is good for at least 500HP all the companies developing turbo kits (ie top secret) never commented on a weak tranny. Even the people running a 300 Nos shot didnt blow the tranny before the motor went.
No, I'm just not delusional. This is a $27k car and it's built like one. Accept it's limitations. Everyone on this forum says "this kit will give me xxxrwhp and I'll be able to beat supras yay!" or "im going to forge this and that and get xxxxrwhp yay!"
I bought my Z because it's fairly fast, handles well and looks great. This car is not made to take massive amounts of boost. Are you forgetting it's aluminum
Old 11-06-2003, 10:06 AM
Blue Dream

350HP at the wheels would be enough for me
Old 11-06-2003, 10:15 AM
Conceyted

Originally posted by Pure Tremble
No, I'm just not delusional. This is a $27k car and it's built like one. Accept it's limitations. Everyone on this forum says "this kit will give me xxxrwhp and I'll be able to beat supras yay!" or "im going to forge this and that and get xxxxrwhp yay!"
I bought my Z because it's fairly fast, handles well and looks great. This car is not made to take massive amounts of boost. Are you forgetting it's aluminum
Why are you getting yourself upset about this? Some people buy the car for other reasons than you did. Just accept that some will mod their cars to the extreme while others will not.
Old 11-06-2003, 10:50 AM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally posted by Conceyted
Why are you getting yourself upset about this? Some people buy the car for other reasons than you did. Just accept that some will mod their cars to the extreme while others will not.
I will watch others go turbo or sc and if they add too much boost, watch them blow. Simply put, I am too worried to go first and ruin my motor so I will watch and learn.

Last edited by zland; 11-06-2003 at 12:30 PM.
Old 11-06-2003, 10:54 AM
Conceyted

Originally posted by zland
I will others go and if they add too much boost, blow.
wtf did you just say?
Old 11-06-2003, 12:31 PM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

wtf did you just say?
Sorry, hit post and got distracted before I could proof what I wrote. Read it again.
Old 11-06-2003, 12:35 PM
Conceyted

Originally posted by zland
Sorry, hit post and got distracted before I could proof what I wrote. Read it again.
same here. I am wondering though, I realize people want the 370 rwhp thing but lets say you bolt an S/c on a stock z. It dynos around 350 rwhp and if you leave it untuned, it isn't hurting anything, right? I mean, why not just let it run rich for the time being.
Old 11-06-2003, 01:15 PM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

same here. I am wondering though, I realize people want the 370 rwhp thing but lets say you bolt an S/c on a stock z. It dynos around 350 rwhp and if you leave it untuned, it isn't hurting anything, right? I mean, why not just let it run rich for the time being.
Chris:

I am rather conservative compared to others on the forum. I am only shooing for 400 crank hp as a minimum, others dream of much more and are willing to drop big money into internals etc + assume a greater risk of future problems.

I feel that there are so many new options (Greddy, PE, Vortec) out just within the next month alone that buying a FI unit right now is premature for a guy that is uncomfortable (like me) taking high risks with his motor.

I am waiting to see if the Vortec kit for one is truly going to be a bolt on, no tuning required type kit that will run safely. If I did go with an ATI and had to rely on a tuner, I would error on the side of running rich since many here point the finger on those pistons burning up to too lean an A/F mixture.

Jeff