Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Cass007.... ver 5.0

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2011, 06:39 PM
failsafe306

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ya know what? **** it. Summer is approaching fast. Beat the **** out of this motor until it absolutely will not turn over anymore. Have some fun with it until it goes, so at least it won't all be for NOTHING. Flog it like a 17 yr old with mom's Accord.
Old 05-01-2011, 07:01 PM
0jiggy0

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

You were told 4 engines ago to find a different engine builder. Maybe people from now on getting this involved will listen.
Old 05-01-2011, 07:01 PM
suprasam

This sucks Cass. Good luck with what you decide.
Old 05-01-2011, 08:56 PM
UMW350Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I still think it's the ViPEC after all this reading and following your car for what must be 2 years. I have a hard time believing anyone has the loss rate you do running a different EMS I still have yet to see anyone run this EMS right. If I were you, I'd part her out, finally cut losses. If you want to fly, a 2012 GTR will fit the bill if you can give up the stick (I've got a dealer sorta by you that has a couple coming in his pipeline). Sorry to hear your tale ends like this man...
Old 05-02-2011, 03:18 AM
TRYNALIVEPRO

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

wow this sucks for real!!!
Old 05-02-2011, 05:25 AM
djamps

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 0jiggy0
You were told 4 engines ago to find a different engine builder. Maybe people from now on getting this involved will listen.
He used more than 1 builder.

Originally Posted by UMW350Z
I still think it's the ViPEC after all this reading and following your car for what must be 2 years. I have a hard time believing anyone has the loss rate you do running a different EMS I still have yet to see anyone run this EMS right. If I were you, I'd part her out, finally cut losses. If you want to fly, a 2012 GTR will fit the bill if you can give up the stick (I've got a dealer sorta by you that has a couple coming in his pipeline). Sorry to hear your tale ends like this man...
Was a knock listening device (headphones) used during tuning Cass?
Old 05-02-2011, 06:04 AM
JAM3Z
Phenom

god I'm glad I parted out...

Sorry for Cass, this is never good to hear. But these cars just don't have the reliability or performance to justify the insane costs.
Old 05-02-2011, 06:24 AM
nismo_nate

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

damn.. 5 motors... just gotta move on
Old 05-02-2011, 06:46 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by jtgli
[B]This is a total failure on all shops involved, Justice & Hills Garage. In no way, I mean NO way should this have happened. 5 times now are you kidding me??!!?![/B] What are you guys doing? Chris I know we have chatted in person & on the phone about this but I believe action needs to be taken against these shops. They have now 5 times taken your money only to deliver a faulty product. Each time the failure is the same reason (someone obviously cannot build a motor right). This is horrible business and to continually charge to customer to repair the shops mistakes is outrageous. Sorry for the rant, Im done. However I think this should be a forum wide acknowledgment to avoid all shops involved with this failure.
I couldn't have said it better... i think after the second time, i said the same things.

Originally Posted by Cass007
I remember Eric, but finances play a role and then rrmedicx parted out and shared his experience from SP with me. Plus, I called them like 3 times and they never returned a call.

Franz Diebold of Diebold Autosport. He is a VERY competent tuner that works with multiple race teams in the US and Canada. He knows the ViPEC in and out. I was actually in the room with him watching every step of the way as he tuned. None of the failures have exhibited signs of detonation that would lead to bearing failure. They all just show wear consistant with massive oil starvation.

Frank Hill assembled the timing chains, front timing cover, accesories and turbo kit. Again, I was in the shop with him while he did this. He and I are friends and he took the utmost care as he knows the path I have been down.

I am just numb to this situation... not angry or upset. Its happened so many times that honestly every time I took the car out I expected it to fail.
It sucks to see your dream killed again, and i dont think it has 9 lives i truly wish things had worked out for you ...but sorry, but you should be angry with some going to yourself and not for spending so much money or decitions to to that kind of power on your car nor the parts you picked, ...should have listened to everybody's advice, and probably that little voice inside your head that told you "maybe i should take it else where and go different direction".
At the end of the day rrmedicx issue is insignificant to what you have experienced with your "buddy shops" that have done nothing but take your money and failed 5 times, trust me i know the story. Whats the point of calling them experience builders at this point? they have failed you 5 times.... still multiple shops involved after countless of times being told to just stick to one since builder/tuner so they take the full blame. Its not faulty parts, its not pushing too much power at all.
Not trying to throw acid on the wound here... but..come one man, friends or not, paying to get your car build/tuned and running is a business deal

Originally Posted by Boosted Performance
This is brutal... I dont't understand how you got so many bad engine, and all with the same issue. Can you please share the engine builders, so that others don't end up going there, and have the same results.
yah
Originally Posted by 0jiggy0
lets hope
Originally Posted by JAM3Z
god I'm glad I parted out...

Sorry for Cass, this is never good to hear. But these cars just don't have the reliability or performance to justify the insane costs.
the goals didnt justify such insane costs, and i dont think you can fault the cars, the parts, the driver for the reliability or performance (?? more so longetivity than either). If its not put together well....

Last edited by IIQuickSilverII; 05-02-2011 at 11:25 AM.
Old 05-02-2011, 06:53 AM
Highway Riding

Received 95 Likes on 80 Posts

Man!!!!!! RIP Blue Z. The whole Buddy's shop thing doesn't fly me. I actually just had my project S14 sent to another shop so i can't blame my close friends shop for anything. Business is business and sometimes business relationships are better than old friend relationships that turn into business relationships. GL luck man!
Old 05-02-2011, 07:09 AM
rcdash

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

So sorry to hear this Chris. I wish you the best with your next car.
Old 05-02-2011, 08:07 AM
Sylvan Lake V35

Originally Posted by UMW350Z
I still think it's the ViPEC after all this reading and following your car for what must be 2 years. I have a hard time believing anyone has the loss rate you do running a different EMS I still have yet to see anyone run this EMS right. n...
How do explain me running 589whp and 609ftlbs on a completely stock engine for over a year now with a ViPEC?

I would also like to hear your theory on how an ecu causes oil starvation, with a mechanical oil pump.

Sucks to hear Chris, at this point I won't preach to you about keeping your head up and giving it another try.....part out and get a something else.
Old 05-02-2011, 08:14 AM
0jiggy0

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Sylvan Lake V35
How do explain me running 589whp and 609ftlbs on a completely stock engine for over a year now with a ViPEC?

I would also like to hear your theory on how an ecu causes oil starvation, with a mechanical oil pump.

Exactly. Love the internet mechanics.
Old 05-02-2011, 08:42 AM
Glex25

Chris I'm speechless
Old 05-02-2011, 10:24 AM
CrazyVQ35tt

I know it's on here somewhere but could someone tell me what dearing location he's having problems with?
Old 05-02-2011, 10:37 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Wow, this is crazy. Saying sorry cant make it feel better, nothing can at this point. I understand why you once again went with the machine shop/shop combo, but doing things because of a discount and/or perceived friendship is far worse than waiting and doing it "right" elsewhere, trust me I live with my past decisions (rebuild) every day.

Good luck in your next endeavor Chris. Worst part is, 5 motors now, and nothing has been learned from it.

Last edited by Alberto; 05-02-2011 at 10:38 AM.
Old 05-02-2011, 04:11 PM
dikspiel
Chestons Toilet

Received 92 Likes on 72 Posts

damn sorry to hear :/
Old 05-02-2011, 04:30 PM
IslandZavage

sorry to hear this.. good luck with your next project. i def dont blame you for parting out and moving on... sux
Old 05-03-2011, 04:55 AM
GoJira33
Banned

idk if its just me but i wouldnt give a shop as many tries as you did. gd luck with ur next car
Old 05-03-2011, 05:28 AM
djamps

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Is anyone willing to pitch in for an unbiased teardown? I'd be willing to put down some cash how many others would be interested? AFAIK all the previous teardowns were done by the builder....you know how that goes. I am more curious than anything WTF is wrong with 5 engines in a row. Plenty of fail from other builders too... I think it could do this community some good if we can find out more about the failure other than 'oil starvation' which we all know is just the final result, not the root cause.

Last edited by djamps; 05-03-2011 at 05:31 AM.

Quick Reply: Cass007.... ver 5.0