Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

GTM Performance Engineering VQ45VHR-Our Journey to The 1000 HP and Beyond

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2011, 12:11 PM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

Received 78 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by Alberto
I can undersdtand cleaning up the thread of personal attacks, but most of what you erased had validity, nobody can deny that.

The GTM magic wand has been swung again
GTM didn't ask for the thread to be cleaned and that was my doing upon reading the thread. What your saying suggests that GTM has control over what I do as an administrator. That may be partially true if I gained anything by "helping" them, but I don't. No sponsorship money, no discounts or free anything, not even friends with any of the vendors like some of you guys are, etc.

Originally Posted by RudeG_v2.0
my350z history has repeated itself AGAIN...

So since it was considered OT, will a separate thread be allowed to discuss the larger issues at hand???
Before you blame GTM or anybody else, keep in mind that they're not the only ones whose threads have been cleaned up. For example, ask Darren (among many others) how many times over the years I had to clean up his threads. I still have all the PMs.

Also, I would say yes to your last question, but it's more like a trick question so I'm a bit reluctant. If you guys can hold an intelligent and respectful conversation without calling each others names (not just curse words, but others like thief, liar, etc), I don't mind that. This is a forum so you're more than welcome to share your experiences and opinions, but hold off on passing judgment. Let the facts speak for themselves, not your biases.

With that being said, let's try to keep this thread on topic, please.
Old 02-03-2011, 12:36 PM
Mike@GTM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by go-fast
This quote from post #151 led me to believe plastic was your solution

"Therefore, we will be using a new type of high temperature plastic developed to be tested in harsh operating conditions (such as a forced induction manifold). Although we were skeptical of using plastic on this part of the engine, the material specifications convinced us that it is well within operating parameters."

Glad to hear it's only temporary.Will we have to wait for the aluminum intake before we see dyno #s or are you going to blast through the ceiling with the prototype?

Looking so foward to results
Please note the bold word in your quote. I'm not sure how that translated to production being done in plastic. We'll be more careful with our wording in the future to avoid any further misunderstandings. I do ask however, that you read a little more carefully before jumping to conclusions. In regards to whether or not we'll be waiting for an aluminum version, that remains to be seen. We will be trying to run the prototype as is, but we may or may not be able to test the full capacity of the TT kit with the plastic prototype. If it is necessary to get an aluminum prototype for testing, we will do our best to get it done as quickly as possible.

In regards to breaking 1000hp, let us all bear in mind that our stage 6 twin turbo kit uses a pair of GT35R turbos which are rated at 65lbs/min each. Given that we're running lower compression pistons, we'll be able to operate the turbos as close to their maximum rated flow as possible. Therefore, it is not inconceivable to flow 130lbs/min of air into the engine. Let us also bear in mind that XKR has our stage 6 TT kit with our 4.0L stroker engine and made 1006rwhp.

Again, because this thread is about a journey, we may find areas that can be improved to ensure that every last gram per second is squeezed out of these turbos. We have put a lot of thought into this setup and will not rest until it performs the way we want it to.
Old 02-03-2011, 01:15 PM
Mike@GTM

Here are the final prototype drawings:

Name:  ProtoFinalCAD4.jpg
Views: 106
Size:  34.0 KB

Name:  ProtoFinalCAD3.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  42.5 KB

Name:  ProtoFinalCAD2.jpg
Views: 103
Size:  44.3 KB

Name:  ProtoFinalCAD1.jpg
Views: 113
Size:  46.5 KB
Old 02-04-2011, 06:37 AM
go-fast
Banned

Originally Posted by Mike@GTM
We have put a lot of thought into this setup and will not rest until it performs the way we want it to.

If this was your thread title you would have drawn less criticism
Old 02-10-2011, 12:44 PM
GBoger

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

so my prediction of completion "sometime next year" was about right then?
Old 02-11-2011, 03:03 PM
Mike@GTM

Here is a picture of the PROTOTYPE manifold:

Name:  Untitled-1.jpg
Views: 119
Size:  20.8 KB

FYI, this is NOT a production piece. The production piece will be made of ALUMINUM. This plastic piece is for test fitting and hopefully bona fide testing as well.
Old 02-11-2011, 06:10 PM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

Is it 1000whp rated already?
Old 02-21-2011, 08:58 AM
go-fast
Banned

this is a quote yesterday from weiboy on another sites 1000hp thread .......

"Mike! what happened to your head? it's ripped apart when i saw it today."

is everything o.k.?
Old 02-21-2011, 09:43 AM
Mike@GTM

is everything o.k.?
Lol! We had a customer pick up his GTM Supercharged G37 last week, and he saw the intake manifold wasn't on 370Z and made that post. I'm not sure what he meant by that, because the cylinder heads haven't been removed since the initial motor build.

As far as the overall health of this build thus far, the initial prototype we received had some dimensional issues. The bolt pattern on the prototype didn't match the upper intake gasket and the runners were all kinds of messed up. We sent it back to the prototyping company to fix the issues and get us a corrected prototype. We expect to receive the corrected version in a week or so.
Old 02-21-2011, 10:28 AM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So you're saying that the customer doesn't know the difference between an intake manifold and the heads?
Old 02-21-2011, 10:52 AM
0jiggy0

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

So you're saying that the customer doesn't know the difference between an intake manifold and the heads?
Yes, not everyone is a car nerd. Ive had honda kids tell me their K&N short rams were jdm type R intake mannifolds.
Old 02-21-2011, 11:04 AM
Mike@GTM

Unfortunately, yes. What gives it away is his singular use of head vs. the plural use of heads as it is applicable to a V motor.

Besides, if the heads were off the engine, the motor would have been out of the car altogether.
Old 02-21-2011, 02:01 PM
GBoger

Is it august 2010 yet?
Old 02-23-2011, 11:22 AM
toner123

Originally Posted by Mike@GTM
Unfortunately, yes. What gives it away is his singular use of head vs. the plural use of heads as it is applicable to a V motor.

Besides, if the heads were off the engine, the motor would have been out of the car altogether.
He knows the difference between the two. He has a hard time some times communicating typing wise since English is not his primary language. Weiboy is actually pretty knowledgeable but some times you have to give a him a nudge to get what he means. He is no moron and knows the difference.
Frank
Old 02-23-2011, 07:08 PM
ITOzann

you guys are weird knowledgeable people... lol at the comments in regards weiboy xD
Old 02-23-2011, 07:28 PM
weiboy718

is everything o.k.?
it was a joke that nobody quoted back. sorry for misleading you guys, my bad and i need to STFU. just the intake manifold was off.
Old 03-02-2011, 05:22 AM
go-fast
Banned

Originally Posted by IIQuickSilverII
Is it 1000whp rated already?
according to this article it is.

http://www.forcegt.com/news/2010-sem...r-nissan-370z/
Old 03-02-2011, 05:24 AM
go-fast
Banned

and this one also,even though i pointed out the inconsistency with gtm this article still claims it as well.

http://www.dodo-logic.ca/?p=4163
Old 03-02-2011, 05:27 AM
go-fast
Banned

it's strange how they all have the same info yet gtm claims it was a typo.
Old 03-02-2011, 08:09 AM
rcdash

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

It looks GTM added a comment into that main article that explains their current status.

All typos and marketing aside, if it helps bring in the funds to develop new products, then that is still a good thing for consumers. I for one am thankful to have GTM as the ONLY vendor on the public forums that supports building 5ATs to handle boost. I'm sure others can as well, but it's nice to work with a company that benefits from positive feedback from the Internet community. It brings in the volume to ensure they work out the kinks in their own processes and of course it is in their best interest to make the customer happy.

Last edited by rcdash; 03-02-2011 at 08:12 AM.

Quick Reply: GTM Performance Engineering VQ45VHR-Our Journey to The 1000 HP and Beyond