Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

CP Piston Assembly

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2010, 11:09 AM
psychoballistic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CP Piston Assembly

Alright guys, i've been off the board for a bit since i'm trying diligently to finish my longblock.

I have all the parts, roatating assembly balanced, block machined, and now i'm running into a snag with the CP pistons.

My pistons on the passenger side fit in without a problem, however on the driver side they are not clearing the oil squirters. The six pistons are identical, and they were manufactured in '09. Someone told me that those are most likely an old desgin that they stopped using for this issue. I am wondering if this is something anyone else has heard.

I have never had an issue with dropping in pistons like this before, but if you turn the piston 180 degrees, they still do not clear, the notch is simply in the wrong place on the driver side for the oil squirters unless I am completely missing something here.

Can anyone provide any information or experience they have had? Much appreciated in advance all.
Old 09-21-2010, 03:24 PM
De La Money

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i think there are some old threads on this issue... search for "piston squirter" and some threads some appear.
Old 09-21-2010, 03:56 PM
psychoballistic

Thanks man, unfortunately there is nothing about the CP issue directly related to the wrong design.

Hopefully when I find out the exact issue, I will post so anyone who gets CP's and has a similar issue has an answer if they are caught in the same snag.
Old 09-23-2010, 05:54 AM
scenehouser

are you sure you have the right pistons for your engine?

maybe you have hr pistons for your de engine or vice versa?
Old 09-23-2010, 09:08 AM
psychoballistic

I believe they are the correct pistons, passenger side fits perfect, however drive side does not. The shop I purchased them from is going to have their builder when he gets back from vacation talk to my builder.

They have gotten every other part right thus far, and they know which motor I have. I'm sure we will get everything resolved, this is just a real pain in the rear. I will definitely let the boards know how it turns out though.

I found old threads where there were issues of the notches hitting the oil squirters. I however only am having the issue on the driver side not the passenger side. Thanks for the thought though, i'll have my builder double check again.
Old 09-23-2010, 11:34 AM
go-fast
Banned

i've had cp's like this,weigh them,notch them,weigh them again,remove same from other side,rebalance..........
Old 09-23-2010, 12:53 PM
psychoballistic

Originally Posted by go-fast
i've had cp's like this,weigh them,notch them,weigh them again,remove same from other side,rebalance..........
My builder is suggesting the same thing. Spoke to CP and he said that the notch on the other side is supposed to be less, and one side is close the the wrist pin, the other side is tight by the skirt.

We are going to hear what the builder from the shop I purchased from says he would suggest tomorrow.

Thanks for the reply man!
Old 09-23-2010, 04:34 PM
De La Money

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

good luck
Old 09-24-2010, 08:31 AM
psychoballistic

Thanks man, once this is done, just gotta pull it all out and swap everything, hope to be able to post pics and a write up if I remember.