Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Overheating issues...blurping is not working......need help doing test.

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2010, 08:19 AM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For a stock engine, that's a little on the low side. I'd do a leakdown test, and a chemical test on your coolant to test for hydrocarbons.
Old 11-16-2010, 09:47 AM
forced_04

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

your car is most likely fine.

It takes like 30-40 cycles of the heat-up bleed ( with the rear valve) cycles to get everything out make sure the heater is on while you are doing this. sit in the car until she over heats or the heater goes cold. turn off. bleed. close bleeder and start again. I had the same problem the first time I did mine. It is less frustrating if you just drain everything and start fresh. You have to make sure you do it right though. get one of those no spill funnels thingies that attach to the radiator. Make sure it is the right flow rating for our car. I forgot which one it is, use the search feature a LOT of guys have had the same problem. Its a simple mistake the Z is a lot more picky than other cars what works on others wont do the job for her. once the car starts to become drivable just keep the rag and big phillips under the hood and drive around until it happens and the bleed. Keep an eye on your overflow tank to make sure it doesn't go empty and suck some more air in the system.

If you had been driving on a blown head gasket car for as long as you say you have, the coolant would have had to of been topped off for sure. That and usually the HG will progressively get worse until the point you blow or don't drive it anymore.

Last edited by forced_04; 11-16-2010 at 09:55 AM.
Old 11-22-2010, 10:54 AM
McLovin350Z

Originally Posted by Sharif@Forged
For a stock engine, that's a little on the low side. I'd do a leakdown test, and a chemical test on your coolant to test for hydrocarbons.
Where can i send my coolant to get tested?
Old 11-22-2010, 11:03 AM
McLovin350Z

Originally Posted by forced_04
your car is most likely fine.

It takes like 30-40 cycles of the heat-up bleed ( with the rear valve) cycles to get everything out make sure the heater is on while you are doing this. sit in the car until she over heats or the heater goes cold. turn off. bleed. close bleeder and start again. I had the same problem the first time I did mine. It is less frustrating if you just drain everything and start fresh. You have to make sure you do it right though. get one of those no spill funnels thingies that attach to the radiator. Make sure it is the right flow rating for our car. I forgot which one it is, use the search feature a LOT of guys have had the same problem. Its a simple mistake the Z is a lot more picky than other cars what works on others wont do the job for her. once the car starts to become drivable just keep the rag and big phillips under the hood and drive around until it happens and the bleed. Keep an eye on your overflow tank to make sure it doesn't go empty and suck some more air in the system.

If you had been driving on a blown head gasket car for as long as you say you have, the coolant would have had to of been topped off for sure. That and usually the HG will progressively get worse until the point you blow or don't drive it anymore.
Will do again....ugh
I'm putting the car back together soon
I just replaced the thermostat for "piece of mind" since everyone I speak to locally believes thats the problem.
I found some corrosion on the thermostat unit.....if i get a chance before i test it in hot water i will take a pic.
A few friends had mixed feelings after seeing the thermostat if the corrosion caused my problem (believes it opens enough for idle but not enough for cruising or high rpms).