Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

My BP Single Turbo Kit Review

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2011, 07:39 AM
chovden

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BCs350z
not sure about the pulse width. i read up on IDC's and from what ive read, IDC's can go up as high as 120%
So what you are saying according to what you read a injector can stay open for more then full open?? I would not trust those sourses at all..
It has to be a mistake in the injector setup to get over 100% duty, only way to verify then is opening time in MS.
Old 10-20-2011, 08:22 AM
MrZ1987

Originally Posted by chovden
So what you are saying according to what you read a injector can stay open for more then full open?? I would not trust those sourses at all..
It has to be a mistake in the injector setup to get over 100% duty, only way to verify then is opening time in MS.
I by no means know a lot about IDC but mechanically you cannot go over 100% IDC but since DC is a calculated value, datalogging can show values higher than 100%. If you google it a lot of ppl who maxed out their injectors have hit between 101 and 120% IDC. Guess its just like how my tps reads 104 when I am at WOT but I cannot physically go past 100%.

Point is there are theoretical numbers and actual numbers 105 is not the actual but we get what it means.
Old 10-20-2011, 08:24 AM
MrZ1987

Originally Posted by BCs350z
Kaizen Tuning was great. They do mostly high end cars but their specialty is GTR's. When i went there they had about 4 R35's, all modded. Nice clean shop and the guys were more then nice.
That's sweet, I didn't think MA had any good tuners. I always go to PA for tunes.
Old 10-20-2011, 08:35 AM
chovden

Originally Posted by MrZ1987
I by no means know a lot about IDC but mechanically you cannot go over 100% IDC but since DC is a calculated value, datalogging can show values higher than 100%. If you google it a lot of ppl who maxed out their injectors have hit between 101 and 120% IDC. Guess its just like how my tps reads 104 when I am at WOT but I cannot physically go past 100%.

Point is there are theoretical numbers and actual numbers 105 is not the actual but we get what it means.
Again then the tps is setup wrong..
If you get a tps of over 100 or a injector duty at over 100 then the setup in the ecu are of.
If the numbers are for theory only what is the point of reading them?
In this case he got a injector duty of 120 and turned the boos down so he used a duty of 105 as this was safer, how do you now its safer if you do not know what the full open duty is????
Old 10-20-2011, 03:09 PM
binder

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

ya, duty cycle can only be 100%.

anything over that then whatever is being used to calculate duty cycle is wrong.
Old 10-20-2011, 04:22 PM
MrZ1987

Originally Posted by chovden
Again then the tps is setup wrong..
If you get a tps of over 100 or a injector duty at over 100 then the setup in the ecu are of.
If the numbers are for theory only what is the point of reading them?
In this case he got a injector duty of 120 and turned the boos down so he used a duty of 105 as this was safer, how do you now its safer if you do not know what the full open duty is????
I am not gonna say I know a lot about why its possible to get readings of over 100% but if you look it up tons of ppl have the problem. Its not like the comp is saying that its truly open more than 100% PHYSICALLY but more that reading is getting thrown off due to the injector getting maxed out. Take a look at this link where ppl talk about it.

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=1146288

dont know if its against to rules to post links from other forums if so my bad.
Old 10-20-2011, 04:24 PM
Boosted Performance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Yes, I would have to agree that there is something off here. The injectors should be able to support about 460whp or so, assuming that fuel pressure does not fall off.
Old 10-20-2011, 04:47 PM
chovden

Originally Posted by MrZ1987
I am not gonna say I know a lot about why its possible to get readings of over 100% but if you look it up tons of ppl have the problem. Its not like the comp is saying that its truly open more than 100% PHYSICALLY but more that reading is getting thrown off due to the injector getting maxed out. Take a look at this link where ppl talk about it.

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=1146288

dont know if its against to rules to post links from other forums if so my bad.
But if the computer is not telling what physicaly the injector duty is whats the point of using it as a "safty" meassure?
On my car I am at about 40% duty, thats about 8ms opening time at 6000Rpm, this is 7ms in the fuel map pluss 1ms in the injector lag time, this is the time the injector takes at a certain volt level to go from closed to open.
If there is something of in the lag time for instanse this can throw of the duty.
My point is if its reading more then 100% something has to be wrong in the setup and the only way is to get the correct duty is to get the actual opening time at the certain rpm and calculate the duty, or check the settings in the ECU to make it read corrct, if the ECU has this option.

In this case going from 120 to 105 whitout knowing the actual opening time makes sence but you dont know what the REAL duty cycle was or is, if what you are seing on the computer is not real then whats the point using it in the tuning?