Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

turbonetics turbine pipe diameter

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2010, 05:29 PM
Infinite2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default turbonetics turbine pipe diameter

I'm working on a turbo setup, I built about 3/4 of a rear mount setup and then decided after looking at the way the turbonetics kit is mounted that I would like that better. So I got my hands on the turbonetics turbine pipe which is the one holding up the turbo and was surprised to see that it was so small, it looks like just 2 in. in diameter. I'm going to be using a T4 turbo and was wondering if you guys think that this pipe will flow enough for it. Thanks!
Old 12-11-2010, 08:54 AM
twitch579

All the pipes are to small, they were designed for 8lbs of boost on a stock engine.
Old 12-11-2010, 11:03 AM
Zivman

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Infinite2
I'm working on a turbo setup, I built about 3/4 of a rear mount setup and then decided after looking at the way the turbonetics kit is mounted that I would like that better. So I got my hands on the turbonetics turbine pipe which is the one holding up the turbo and was surprised to see that it was so small, it looks like just 2 in. in diameter. I'm going to be using a T4 turbo and was wondering if you guys think that this pipe will flow enough for it. Thanks!
how are you talented enough to build a custom turbo kit, yet stupid enough to look at a turbonetics kit and think that looks like a good design?
Old 12-11-2010, 12:05 PM
Infinite2

Originally Posted by Zivman
how are you talented enough to build a custom turbo kit, yet stupid enough to look at a turbonetics kit and think that looks like a good design?
I'm not using any of the components of the turbonetics kit except the turbine inlet pipe. I was only interested in its "design" as a means of keeping the turbo within the engine bay vs. a mid or rear setup. As for skills, it is my first turbo project, though I've built several motors and have done a centrifugal supercharger before. If you think I'm missing something or you feel you can provide more insight, shoot me a PM.
Old 12-11-2010, 07:58 PM
Infinite2

Originally Posted by Zivman
Ok after a bit more research I understand some of the concerns with the placement of the turbo regarding the ac line and ambient heat on the intake pipe. Does anyone know if these problems are also on the G35 model kits?
Old 12-12-2010, 09:29 AM
str8dum1

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

everything is routed the same with the G35. those issues are easy to solve with proper insulation.