Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

My ongoing experience with Intense Power

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2010, 01:45 PM
jruocco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My ongoing experience with Intense Power

I had hope to resolve this situation without having to create a thread. Due to recent frustrations with the customer service I have experienced I feel I am running out of options. Hopefully this thread will result Intense Power and myself reaching an amicable resolution.

Here is the story:

On August 9th 2010 I called Intense Power to order a PowerLabs Kit for a 2006 350z. I also added a AAM 3in single exhaust to the order. I was informed that it would take two weeks to get the parts ready and ship. I paid for the order in full. I receive a invoice the next day stating a ship date of August 31st. I realized that I should get some new spark plugs so I call Intense again and add them to my order. They inform me thats fine when everything ships I will receive a final invoice.

August 31st passes and I have not received any word. I get home after work in the beginning of September and see a UPS note on my door that I missed them. I call Intense the and they inform me that the exhaust has shipped and the rest will be following. Finally on October 4th I receive a final invoice with a tracking number in my email. Over the next 2 weeks I check the tracking number but it never updates. I call Intense to ask them about this. The inform me that are having problems with the 2006 specific crossover pipe and were going to ship me most of the parts of the kit. The problem was they had received the wrong turbo so decided to hold off on shipping till everything was ready. Over the next two months I call Intense for updates and am told they are still having problems fabricating the crossover pipe and my kit will ship in a week or two.

The week prior to Thanksgiving I am assured by Intense that my kit will ship (minus the crossover pipe they are still having trouble with) on that Friday. The next week I still have not received any information from Intense. I call them up to see if anything had shipped and they inform me that nothing had shipped yet. At this point I inform them I want to cancel my order. I am told that they will have to talk to someone and get back to me. I am unable to get in contact with them for the rest of the week. I finally get someone on the phone the next week and the inform me the whole kit shipped and give me a tracking number. I check the tracking number over the next two days but it comes up as a bad number. I then get a call on the second day saying they gave me the wrong number and here is the correct number. I track this shipment and it arrives on December 4th. Due to work I was unable to get the package until December 7th.

Upon opening the package I can immediately tell parts are missing. First there is no intercooler, the spark plugs I ordered are not there, and there is no manual with parts list. The box only contained 5 pipes of which 3 were cold side pipes, I can tell this is not complete. I still do not have a manual to determine what other parts could be missing
I call Intense on December 8th and inform them the kit is incomplete. They tell me they will get everything shipped to me the next day. I tell them if they don't have the parts ready I want to cancel. I call back on December 9th and am now told that all the parts have shipped and will get a tracking number. I ask how they know what I needed when I don't even have a full parts lets to tell what was missing. They tell me they didn't have a box to fit the core in that is what took extra time.

As of that last call I have not received any tracking number from Intense. I have called every day multiple times and not spoken to anyone. I was put on hold twice but hung up on.

On December 15th I sent Intense an email stating that due to the length of time on this order I wanted to cancel. I have everything boxed up ready to go and want them to call and make arrangements for me to ship everything back. I have not received any type of communication from Intense in response.

In the beginning of this I was very patient but as time has progressed I feel I am getting the run around from them. This order has been going on for over 4 months now and I am getting more stressed about it everyday. I spent thousands of dollars and believe I should be receiving much better customer service. I have only received 2-3 calls from Intense, one of them was to make sure that I had authorized my bank for the full amount and the other was to give me the updated tracking number. At this point I have everything in boxes and ready to ship back to Intense for a full refund. I wish it didn't have to come to this but I am hoping this thread will help bring a resolution to my issues.

******RESOLUTION ON PAGE 3******

Last edited by jruocco; 12-20-2010 at 03:03 PM.
Old 12-17-2010, 01:49 PM
jruocco

As per a previous discussion with the mods I have notified the following users of this thread:
INTENSEPOWER
IntenseSales
IntenseFab

If I have missed any one from Intense please forward this thread to them or notify me and I will.
Old 12-17-2010, 01:51 PM
Glex25

If you paid by CC
I would do a charge back and
whenever they feel like it have their stuff picked up
Old 12-17-2010, 02:01 PM
jruocco

I was hoping it wouldn't have to come to that, but it is looking like it is. I purchased through Intense because of their credibility on the forums and to avoid anything like this.

Originally Posted by Glex25
If you paid by CC
I would do a charge back and
whenever they feel like it have their stuff picked up
Old 12-17-2010, 02:23 PM
Vas_Z33

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

if you can do that ^ I would do it in a heart beat... **** that... . you sir have patients. Props for waiting..
Old 12-17-2010, 03:28 PM
ITOzann

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Vas_Z33
if you can do that ^ I would do it in a heart beat... **** that... . you sir have patients. Props for waiting..
+1
Old 12-17-2010, 03:36 PM
jruocco

Thanks guys! I have been in contact with my CC company so hopefully we will be able to come to a resolution to this situation.
Old 12-17-2010, 03:50 PM
350z-Jason

Good choice. **** companies that don't want their buyers to be happy. I've had companies that right their wrong, and others that don't. If they don't make an effort the first few times you contact them... charge it back and find someone who will.
Old 12-17-2010, 03:50 PM
Z_ology

It is disappointing when a time that should be exciting ends up going like this. Best of luck OP!
Old 12-17-2010, 04:10 PM
seymore4
Professional

Received 69 Likes on 57 Posts

Seems to be happening to a lot of shops that have a good reputation on the forum... Makes a guy wonder
Old 12-17-2010, 04:23 PM
Steve-O Z33

I had good experiences with Intense when I bought stuff but it's been a while. It does suck to see vendors getting bad feedback on here. I want to think it's a misunderstanding but for this guy to be MONTHS behind on receiving his products that he paid for is absurd. There isn't a reasonable excuse for that. Good luck, OP!
Old 12-17-2010, 04:42 PM
Entaille

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

it sounds like they were worried about losing the money from your order so they shipped what they had prepared in order to save the sale. what a joke.

sorry you are having such a bad experience with them. I would have had a chargeback in process on week 3-4 - I don't deal well with liars.
Old 12-17-2010, 04:51 PM
Risky_Business
Quadrant 987c

Default +1...

Originally Posted by Entaille
it sounds like they were worried about losing the money from your order so they shipped what they had prepared in order to save the sale. what a joke.sorry you are having such a bad experience with them. I would have had a chargeback in process on week 3-4 - I don't deal well with liars.
but where is the other side of this story?

- RB.
Old 12-17-2010, 04:59 PM
0jiggy0

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

there is no other side. You ordered something and 4 months later still don't have it. how in the world did you wait this long?
Old 12-17-2010, 05:11 PM
jruocco

Originally Posted by Entaille
it sounds like they were worried about losing the money from your order so they shipped what they had prepared in order to save the sale. what a joke.
When I had called and they told me the whole order had shipped I just thought they put me on hold till they could get the shipment out. At the time I thought it was the WHOLE order that shipped and since I entered into this deal in the first place I would uphold my side of the deal.

Originally Posted by 0jiggy0
there is no other side. You ordered something and 4 months later still don't have it. how in the world did you wait this long?
In the beginning I was excited and couldn't wait to boost the car. As time went on it started to get to me, people kept asking where my kit was. But I figured with the reputation Intense had (I had done two smaller orders from them over the years and everything went fine) they would take care of me. After they told me it would definitely ship the Friday before Thanksgiving and it did not I gave up and decided to cancel.

The part that gets me is during this whole thing they kept telling me it was the 2006 crossover pipe that was the hold up. But 4 months to make one pipe, its just doesn't make sense.
Old 12-17-2010, 05:22 PM
Barnabas
National Z Club President

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

charge back with CC, Call boosted performance and have kit in 2 weeks
Old 12-17-2010, 05:24 PM
jruocco

Originally Posted by Barnabas
charge back with CC, Call boosted performance and have kit in 2 weeks
I have actually already decided on a different route to take. When they told me after thanksgiving the kit had shipped I was working out a deal to sell it to a friend of mine.
Old 12-17-2010, 05:48 PM
derekinthez

Originally Posted by 0jiggy0
Not so fast, there usually is a second side.
Attached Thumbnails My ongoing experience with Intense Power-2136_0045.jpg  
Old 12-17-2010, 05:56 PM
e30cabrio
350Z-holic

Received 2,582 Likes on 2,041 Posts

Unless the other side is we told the buyer there would be a multiple month wait, parts will dribble in and you will be ignored there is no excuse.

I doubt he would have still ordered if they had been that upfront.
Old 12-17-2010, 06:03 PM
05Z33

There is no need to have to wait 4 months for a turbo kit that is paid in full. It's not like this is some one off kit. I know there is always 2 sides to every story but, the bottom line is you paid for a product and were told you would have it in just a few weeks. 4 months later you still don't have it.

Intense needs to step up and make things right, and if that means giving you a refund. Well they only have themselves to blame.

Quick Reply: My ongoing experience with Intense Power