Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Dynosty does Boosted Performance Build (PICS)

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2011, 01:07 PM
Boosted Performance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by str8dum1
probably woulda been faster than pulling the turbo kit etc...
Not really, the kit can be taken off and put back on in less than 3 hours once the car is on a lift. Can't say the same for headers.
Old 02-08-2011, 01:59 PM
zmedic16

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I see this thread going sideways real quick.
Old 02-08-2011, 02:26 PM
Boosted Performance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by zmedic16
I see this thread going sideways real quick.
I am not worried about it, there are facts, and there are assumptions. The people that have been here long enugh know the difference.

How far are you from getting that 67mm up and running?

I ordered a larger FMIC today, and once it gets here it will get fitted, and then some more testing will take place. I don't run away and hide, but try my best to improve things that may be in question. If people are going to knock that...then go ahead.

Last edited by Boosted Performance; 02-08-2011 at 02:28 PM.
Old 02-08-2011, 02:51 PM
InjectedPerformance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Hal@Dynosty

For now, everyone can get back to telling us how to do our job
Originally Posted by str8dum1
Too bad you couldnt have installed headers. probably woulda been faster than pulling the turbo kit etc...

too bad the car went home without a real solution.
Well Played Rich!!!! Next time we need expert advice we will call you first!!!
Old 02-08-2011, 03:23 PM
ashtrojan2008

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

this is why i read shop threads and generally do not post unless specific questions are asked. I just wait for the solution and possibly learn from it.

i have no doubt this will be a sick ride when all is said and done.

ross
Old 02-08-2011, 03:30 PM
zmedic16

Yep sideways it is.
Back on topic. Sasha my build is not going to be ready until I get my taxes back. Maybe another two months. Everything in the checklist is done. Im no expert but I don't think the intercooler is the choke point... Any other platform running this same i.c and making numbers? Maybe a dyno to compare? Binders car didn't look like it was choking...

On another note hal has been great on his input. Thanks for helping.

Last edited by zmedic16; 02-08-2011 at 03:33 PM.
Old 02-08-2011, 04:18 PM
Boosted Performance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by zmedic16
Yep sideways it is.
Back on topic. Sasha my build is not going to be ready until I get my taxes back. Maybe another two months. Everything in the checklist is done. Im no expert but I don't think the intercooler is the choke point... Any other platform running this same i.c and making numbers? Maybe a dyno to compare? Binders car didn't look like it was choking...

On another note hal has been great on his input. Thanks for helping.

The IC is not a choke point, and Mustang guys have made well over 600whp with this exact IC. The flow is there, no doubt about it. This however is more than likely the problem:

And the picture that one can't really argue with:

I cut this up a few days ago, and it was determined that this is the most logical place to point the finger for the lack of power up top. The car makes gobs of torque, but when it gets to HP (where flow is key) performance suffers.

The IC could be a bit better as a heat exchanger, but as far as flow goes it is more than adequate.
Old 02-08-2011, 04:37 PM
str8dum1

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I am certainly not telling you how to do your job. Dont even know why you'd even think that?

All I did was ask why not install headers if you guys determined that to be the issue on a kit you helped R&D.

Originally Posted by InjectedPerformance
Well Played Rich!!!! Next time we need expert advice we will call you first!!!
While we have had experience tuning and helping with R&D on the Boosted Performance mid-mount turbo kit
380whp at 9psi, 418whp at 16psi. As we upped the boost, torque continued to climb but no horsepower gains due to kit design/restrictions. This is where we ended for the time being.

Old 02-08-2011, 06:13 PM
InjectedPerformance
Vendor - Former Vendor

We were more than willing to perform further tests and or install whatever upgrades to the provided kit but neither customer nor manufacturer were wanting to pay any more out of pocket.
Old 02-08-2011, 07:22 PM
Boosted Performance
Vendor - Former Vendor

We were more than willing to perform further tests and or install whatever upgrades to the provided kit but neither customer nor manufacturer were wanting to pay any more out of pocket.
Correct. At this point (once the tuning was done) I had bought 3 different turbos ($4400) for this build and paid for 5 hours of diagnostics. Not to mention the hours that Hal did not even bill me for and the extra effort he put in towards this build. This customer was willing to buy the headers if I pay for an install, and at this point I am not in a position to do that.

Then there is the fact that this is a daily driver, and the customer needed it back at this point.

Last edited by Boosted Performance; 02-08-2011 at 07:23 PM.
Old 02-08-2011, 07:46 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Boosted Performance
Correct. At this point (once the tuning was done) I had bought 3 different turbos ($4400) for this build and paid for 5 hours of diagnostics. Not to mention the hours that Hal did not even bill me for and the extra effort he put in towards this build. This customer was willing to buy the headers if I pay for an install, and at this point I am not in a position to do that.

Then there is the fact that this is a daily driver, and the customer needed it back at this point.
It sounds like you guys (both Injected/Dynosty and Boosted Performance) were very thorough and bent over backwards for each other to attempt to resolve the issue. And most importantly, both of you have stated your ongoing commitment to resolve the issue with the car owner in the future (if he so chooses) as well as for future BP kit customers. In the end, that's what really matters and is all that anyone should reasonably expect from vendors in this community. So kudos!
Old 02-08-2011, 08:34 PM
abushong504

Saw the kit in person, I really like it Sasha. It's so easy to get to the turbo :P I am sorry about all of the problems that you guys have encountered through it all. However, I think you guys are on the right track for figuring out the limiting factor here.

I also give you props for shelling out what you did for the turbos and diagnostics. That shows that you truly care about making a good product. I know you, Hal, and Eddie have been going crazy over all of this. I am glad you all stuck with it and in the near future, I see the completed results being more to your liking.

This is a hell of a price of a new turbo kit and the fact that you are there to back it up speaks a lot about your character and the products that you want representing your name.

I can't wait to see what some headers do on this thing. Don't give up man.
Old 02-08-2011, 09:30 PM
350Z400rwhp

You have a great kit Sasha, for a stock block it will be an easy install and retain the stock headers. If a build is going into effect you add the headers. Win Win and basically two great kits for different applications. This is R&D guys, this will be one of the best kits for the money here soon enough and already is for a stock block setup.
Old 02-09-2011, 06:25 AM
rcdash

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by RudeG_v2.0
It sounds like you guys (both Injected/Dynosty and Boosted Performance) were very thorough and bent over backwards for each other to attempt to resolve the issue. And most importantly, both of you have stated your ongoing commitment to resolve the issue with the car owner in the future (if he so chooses) as well as for future BP kit customers. In the end, that's what really matters and is all that anyone should reasonably expect from vendors in this community. So kudos!
Holy crap. I agree with Rude 100%.

Outstanding customer service all the way around.
Old 02-09-2011, 12:55 PM
mafoor

I have crawford headers and a built bottom end, u could ship a kit my way haha
Old 02-09-2011, 12:59 PM
Boosted Performance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by mafoor
I have crawford headers and a built bottom end, u could ship a kit my way haha
For sure, you ship me the $$$$ and I ship the kit out....
Old 02-09-2011, 01:11 PM
mafoor

haha i kno i kno, im tryin to sell my vortech to put the rest of the money together. I hope to get a kit soon tho!!
Old 02-09-2011, 01:24 PM
Boosted Performance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by mafoor
haha i kno i kno, im tryin to sell my vortech to put the rest of the money together. I hope to get a kit soon tho!!
It would be nice to get another customer wiling to push this with a built motor. There may be some insetives as well..
Old 02-09-2011, 01:46 PM
phreaktor
Design Engineer

Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

In for pricing... I'm thinking about 15K parts and labor?
Old 02-09-2011, 07:33 PM
Boosted Performance
Vendor - Former Vendor

I had a chance to look at doing something to protect the air filter a bit from the header heat. Rather simple solution (a rough prototype):

Hard to take a good picture as it is rather tight under there, but ou can see that the filter sits in fronto of the header flange, and under the now shielded OEM header:

Quick Reply: Dynosty does Boosted Performance Build (PICS)