Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

ebay turbo kits?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2011, 06:00 AM
djamps

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Rookie84
Actually, Supra guys had some success with Ebay kit.
LOL
Old 02-02-2011, 06:25 AM
phreaktor
Design Engineer

Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by ashtrojan2008
Don't even start until you have $10k to play with.
Old 02-02-2011, 10:31 AM
Rookie84

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by djamps
LOL
Nothing to LOL about. When Ebay kits are knock-offs of expensive turbo kits, there is no reason that it shouldn't work despite some having fitment issues. Some even went as far as using all the components that came with the kit, and put down over 500rwhp, but I wouldn't bet on those lasting for a long time.

Anyway, regardless of it working or not, it's not a route that I would want to go with.
Old 02-02-2011, 10:34 AM
bbs350z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Spork
I dunno I want once an eBay whole trubo kit. It worked boosted a good amount, but it dudnt last me more than one hoe year. I figured out the problem it wasd in the turbo oil lines fitting not going corectly and was blocked. Easy fix and im' boopstin an easy 25 psi!
you drunk lol??
Old 02-02-2011, 11:07 AM
djamps

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Rookie84
Nothing to LOL about. When Ebay kits are knock-offs of expensive turbo kits, there is no reason that it shouldn't work despite some having fitment issues. Some even went as far as using all the components that came with the kit, and put down over 500rwhp, but I wouldn't bet on those lasting for a long time.

Anyway, regardless of it working or not, it's not a route that I would want to go with.
Links to build threads, or anything else other than 'he said she said' or 'i know a guy who' to back up your statements regarding these kits?
Old 02-02-2011, 05:31 PM
Rookie84

Originally Posted by djamps
Links to build threads, or anything else other than 'he said she said' or 'i know a guy who' to back up your statements regarding these kits?
I don't know why you are being obssessed with details about this, but I just pointed it out to say that if Ebay kits were knock-offs of other expensive kits, it might work to some degree but since it's not the case for the Z, no way in hell it will work. Anyway, just go to Supraforums.com and do a search. You'll see plenty of threads about it.

Last edited by Rookie84; 02-02-2011 at 05:32 PM.
Old 02-03-2011, 05:20 AM
tiguy99

Originally Posted by Jwill
Somebody can't just delete this thread because I got information from one person and the rest just ***** and cry that I asked a stupid question. Get over it and go on. It was a simple question. I was considering FI because I heard na was more expensive than FI anyway and you don't get as much gains so yeah. Was just considering both. You guys don't have to cry about a simple question. Thanks for the one person who gave me actual information and now I'm not gonna go with that option. Might just do some bolt ons and be done. Whatever. Mods can delete this, I got my info. Thanks.
I'm going to sell my Greddy TT kit soon. I'm selling my G35 coupe & have decided to go a different direction. Keep an eye on the for sale threads in the next couple weeks. I'm going to be including a few essential goodies with it too.

Last edited by tiguy99; 02-03-2011 at 05:22 AM.