Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Greddy 20G owners!

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2011, 05:35 AM
08NismoZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Greddy 20G owners!

Anyone out there with the Greddy 20G tuner kit replace their Greddy oil lines with something different? My passenger side oil feed line to the turbo decided to blow a bunch of oil out from where the braided line is pressed into the fitting so i'm looking for a replacement line. Apparently Greddy doesn't find it necessary to stock any extra lines and think they need to make a super top secret special oil line for absolutely no reason, so none of the race shops around Indy are willing to try and duplicate the line. If you have replaced your lines and don't need them for anything can I get the shorter passenger side line to keep me going for the summer, and when the winter comes these stupid a$$ oil lines are getting tossed
Attached Thumbnails Greddy 20G owners!-imag0137.jpg  
Old 07-25-2011, 05:49 AM
Z PHAT Z

Call Forged Performance! They always carry after market oil line for the Greddy kit.
Old 07-25-2011, 07:01 AM
midz350

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Greddy oil lines are a wast of time and you should throw them away as soon as you open the box.

Last edited by midz350; 07-25-2011 at 08:35 AM.
Old 07-25-2011, 07:10 AM
08NismoZ

lol i'm quickly finding that out. I have quite a few Greddy products and I just don't get why they felt the need to make these highly technical specialty oil lines... maybe there's a huge profit and market for oil lines that Greddy in California can't even get themselves from Trust. I just want a quick fix to start driving the car some more before it comes apart this winter :-)
Old 07-25-2011, 08:23 AM
Cass007
350Z-holic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You can try Blouch Turbo, they fabbed custom oil lines for my APS setup.
Old 07-25-2011, 09:28 AM
str8dum1

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

what about them makes them custom?

looks like they just screw right into the T adapter. AN fittings. probably a banjo on the turbo side.

nothing special.
Old 07-25-2011, 01:02 PM
08NismoZ

They used some sort of inverted nipple and this shop I went to over here in Indy that supplies hoses and lines for a lot of the drag and race teams here couldn't figure out what thread pitch they used. They tried some different sizes and the best they could do was get the fitting to screw half down then it would seize up. I took a pic of how the nipple thingy (correct terminology???) is poking outward instead of a normal AN line that goes inward.

Thanks to Hal@Dynosty for the quick responses and trying to find a line for me, and CJM for putting me in touch with someone that never used these stupid lines. He's sending me them tonight so I can get this thing back up and running before the summer is up. In an unrelated note I wanted to thank DSS for sending me out some new hardware for my DSS Pro axles asap, so I can safety lock wire all the bolts and not have to worry about them backing out anymore. I'm really feeling the love from all my tuner brothers haha
Attached Thumbnails Greddy 20G owners!-imag0142.jpg  
Old 07-25-2011, 01:32 PM
str8dum1

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

which bolts were backing out. my bolts didnt back out, but my CV broke just driving around town. At least DSS sent out a new one, a flatbed tow and 2 weeks later
Old 07-25-2011, 01:51 PM
superchargedg
Damn Noobs

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think the Greddy lines use a British type of fitting which nobody has....just get the lines fom FP.
Old 07-25-2011, 03:26 PM
08NismoZ

Originally Posted by str8dum1
which bolts were backing out. my bolts didnt back out, but my CV broke just driving around town. At least DSS sent out a new one, a flatbed tow and 2 weeks later
Ouch thats rough. I'm not to sure how to explain exactly which bolts they are but they're the ones that screw in towards the differential and closest to the diff.

I'll be getting rid of these Greddy lines for sure this winter when I drop the motor but I didn't want to tear it down to much right now. I was able to just remove the passenger side intake and get to the top of the oil line and remove it.
Old 07-26-2011, 09:34 AM
deanfootlong

its really easy to make your own. if you're interested, i made a thread about replacing the greddy oil supply lines. not sure how much shops are charging for pre made greddy tt oil supply lines but it was relatively inexpensive for me to make my own. zero problems with them after two and a half years.
Old 07-26-2011, 09:38 AM
deanfootlong

actually, i may still have my greddy lines laying around. i bought the kit used and never used the oil supply lines as i wanted to make my own. if you;re interested i can sell you them. send me a pm if so.
Old 07-26-2011, 09:47 AM
08NismoZ

Originally Posted by deanfootlong
actually, i may still have my greddy lines laying around. i bought the kit used and never used the oil supply lines as i wanted to make my own. if you;re interested i can sell you them. send me a pm if so.
Thanks man but I got some Greddy lines from a guy over in Illinois. I definitely will be making my own this winter though. Someone from Greddy emailed me and said I could pick one up from any authorized Greddy dealer but nobody has them including Greddy themselves

I love the TT kit and their products but they don't seem to care to much about cust service unless your probably at their door in Cali
Old 07-26-2011, 06:50 PM
deanfootlong

Originally Posted by 08NismoZ
Thanks man but I got some Greddy lines from a guy over in Illinois. I definitely will be making my own this winter though. Someone from Greddy emailed me and said I could pick one up from any authorized Greddy dealer but nobody has them including Greddy themselves

I love the TT kit and their products but they don't seem to care to much about cust service unless your probably at their door in Cali

no prob. i just jumped to the end of this thread to post that without reading. wanted to help a brother out. glad you got it all figured out.

EDIT*** sold the lines to him. i no longer have the original greddy oil supply lines. just fyi for anyone that may be needing them. gone. sorry.

Last edited by deanfootlong; 08-09-2011 at 06:07 AM.