Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

AAM Procharger brace wanted!! Need help please

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2011, 04:55 PM
suth31

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Quamen
Go solid then! Your car will feel completely different in a good way (IMO)!
where do you solid mounts? i have never heard of the idea for a 350z. i would be very interested, especially to fix my g-damn bracket flexing issue. i really dont want to drop another 5000 on a turbo kit, but i might have to do it just to run higher boost and be happy, finally... i'd love to hear where to get solid mounts and how easy they are to install! thanks, i'm sending you some pics
Old 08-11-2011, 05:03 PM
suth31

Originally Posted by suth31
ok as soon as i get done with work i will both post and email you some pictures. If i had the solid mount set up there would be a perfect area to mount a turnbuckle, however i have oem mounts. Thank you
AAM Procharger brace wanted!! Need help please-1.jpg

AAM Procharger brace wanted!! Need help please-2.jpg

AAM Procharger brace wanted!! Need help please-3.jpg

AAM Procharger brace wanted!! Need help please-4.jpg

AAM Procharger brace wanted!! Need help please-5.jpg
Old 08-11-2011, 05:04 PM
suth31

Originally Posted by suth31
ok as soon as i get done with work i will both post and email you some pictures. If i had the solid mount set up there would be a perfect area to mount a turnbuckle, however i have oem mounts. Thank you
AAM Procharger brace wanted!! Need help please-6.jpg

AAM Procharger brace wanted!! Need help please-7.jpg

AAM Procharger brace wanted!! Need help please-8.jpg
Old 08-11-2011, 05:08 PM
suth31

please don't mind my rusty steel gates pullies... several years ago down in Arizona i tried taking matters into my own hands. i made a custom pulley set up with wider belts (36mm vs. 30mm) and custom machined pullies with guides. i thought the wider belt would combat flexing, but they shread just the same, and are much costlier!
Old 08-14-2011, 08:37 AM
suth31

bump

any new ideas out there? I am 90% leaning toward getting solid motor mounts and mounting a turnbuckle on the very outer edge of my procharger bracket. any final thoughts before I pull the trigger? thanks,
Old 08-17-2011, 09:56 AM
Zquicksilver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

suth31,

i got you message and replied... then found this thread.

sorry, didn't realize AAM was still in business. can't believe they don't have any CAD data on the bracket or that they can't fab a new one!?

long story short, i ran into some financial issues and never installed my procharger. so i have yet to run into any of these problems, lol.

first thing i noticed, your running your belts as Procharger instructs. i would suggest running your belt on the underside of the Jack Shaft Tensioner Pulley and see what happens.

post #48
https://my350z.com/forum/forced-indu...g-belts-3.html

i may not be back for a while so good luck!
Old 08-19-2011, 05:14 PM
suth31

Originally Posted by Zquicksilver
suth31,

i got you message and replied... then found this thread.

sorry, didn't realize AAM was still in business. can't believe they don't have any CAD data on the bracket or that they can't fab a new one!?

long story short, i ran into some financial issues and never installed my procharger. so i have yet to run into any of these problems, lol.

first thing i noticed, your running your belts as Procharger instructs. i would suggest running your belt on the underside of the Jack Shaft Tensioner Pulley and see what happens.

post #48
https://my350z.com/forum/forced-indu...g-belts-3.html

i may not be back for a while so good luck!

Thank you for the reply. Well back when i ran 7psi in 2006 i tried routinh my belt under the tensioner pulley. With 7 psi i never had a belt shredding issue. I have only had issues with my 12 psi kit. The pullies currently on my car are Gates cog drive steel pullies. They have been custom machinef to work on the procharger bracket. They are heavy, they rust, and they werent cheap when it was all said and done. With custom pullies im at 10 psi but im murdering belts still. My new custom tensioner pulley has teeth on it unlike the procharger smooth one. So that option is out. My current belt is also a custom width at 36mm vs the 30mm procharger one.

As of right now im buying solid motor mounts from revshift and im going to build a turnbuckle to hold my procharger bracket from flexing. Im hoping this works. Then i can up the boost! Wish me luck
Old 08-28-2014, 10:36 AM
SILKZ03

Default AAM procharger brace

hey, I've got one. Z is long gone. I found the AAM procharger brace sitting in my tool box. I had it on my Z's procharger, took it off when I sold it. I went from 6 to 9 to 12PSI with it. PM me.

Last edited by SILKZ03; 08-28-2014 at 10:38 AM.
Old 01-02-2015, 09:51 AM
350z03Track

Default aam procharger bracket

I'm looking for a aam procharger bracket, pls PM me if you have one for sale.
Old 01-02-2015, 11:14 AM
RedBullRR

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Just a shot in the dark, but if the problem is engine movement, and your unsure of Solid Motor Mounts. I just installed a Still Engine Torque dampener and it solved a problem i was having with my motor moving at launch causing my Test pipes to rub in frame of car.

I was skeptical about this silly little part but it worked, my idle is stable as well.
Old 01-02-2015, 12:50 PM
Conway_160

Received 341 Likes on 280 Posts

Its not engine movement, the bracket flexes when hitting high rpms. What you need is a modified radius rod from OldManZ350.
Old 02-25-2015, 02:01 PM
ishyne22

anyone have an aam brace they are willing to ship to me so I can get its dimensions to fabricate something similar on a mill? im willing to pay shipping and a few extra bucks for the trouble. PM me. Ross
Old 02-25-2015, 02:53 PM
Conway_160

Received 341 Likes on 280 Posts

Originally Posted by ishyne22
anyone have an aam brace they are willing to ship to me so I can get its dimensions to fabricate something similar on a mill? im willing to pay shipping and a few extra bucks for the trouble. PM me. Ross
Dont go through the hassel, you need some sort radius. Look around and you will see where people put them.

DON'T WASTE YOU'RE TIME AND MONEY ON THIS STUPID THING!