Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

fuel pump issue and cooling for turbo

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2011, 05:01 PM
zach711f

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Default fuel pump issue and cooling for turbo

ok so i have been installing my powerlab turbo kit for the past 16 hrs and im done with everything but the cooling lines for turbo..i just wanna make sure im hooking these up right. sould someone give me detailed instructions cause i cant find them out here on the forum. and my new walbro fuel pump did not come with the rubber replacment thing that goes onto where u cut the tabs to make it fit..do i really need that? it fits snug without it but i dont think il get fuel flow without that seal. any advice?
Old 08-13-2011, 06:28 PM
binder

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

there isn't a rubber seal on top of that. Also, you trip the holes on the clips but not too far as to make the plastic endcap clip on too easy. You should have to press the walbro in pretty hard to get the plastic end pieces to clip on.

about 7 threads below this is a detailed picture by picture thread of installing a powerlab kit. There is another one in this forum besides that one. your search must not have contained the word "powerlab"
Old 08-13-2011, 06:39 PM
MR RIZK

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i believe the rubber on top of the pump is there for a reason. IMHO I think it is there so that the pump vibration is not transmitted into the cabin. If you look at the oem setup there is rubber where the fuel pickup is and rubber where the fuel outlet is on the pump. This suspends the pump with 2 rubber points.

With some creative trimming of the rubber (filter side) and the retaining clip i was able to fit a dw300 with the oem rubber bits